Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 12:49 AM   #43
SpeedDemon

Drives: 2002 ZTS Silver Focus
wahoo! so what are we getting extra for this 200$ ?
I would like to know what extra thing comes with my extra money! I am so excited I cant wait.
Do we get more stickers or special little decals?
.................................................. ................
seriously,...............I am going to offer them 200$ less now..................just to see what they say...........don't buy the hype people or the prices will continue to rise.....
Just because they are sitting on the lots for that price does not mean they are selling them for that price....................people must be starting to haggle more or else there would not be a price increase.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:44 PM   #44
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
Well thats retarted...i mean yeah its just $200 here or $50 there but where do you draw the line ya know? The Camaro is already way over-priced in my oppinion, it should be comparable to the Mustang but it isnt, then again the Mustang should be comparable in performance, but again, it isnt, lol, so i guess you could argue that you get what you pay for....still, the prices are way too high already, stop pushing it GM, Camaro is "affordable performance" yeah right, sure these figures say $30k or $33k but lets be serious, you wont find a 2SS at a dealership for less than $36k and thats on a bargain -_-

I still love the Camaro though, its my favorite on the road at the moment so im not hating, im just saying, i want a price cut instead of increase
Old 01-07-2010, 08:55 PM   #45
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf0346 View Post

Wondering if there will be another increase for the 2011 year model
There very well could be one or more increases before the 2011 comes out.

The Malibu went up nearly $2000 before we saw incentives. Then we got $2000 in incentives. Make sense?
Old 01-07-2010, 09:08 PM   #46
Vega

and wow..some people actually like the price increase because they already have theirs and dont want to be upstaged by the newer ones...really? are we that selfish? Just like all those idiots that say "i dont want a Z/28 cause i want my SS to be on top" thats just retarted...re-f*cking-tarded...even if your Camaro is on top the next guy will pull up with a GT500 and suddenly you go down a peg...what ever happened to real brand loyalty? I know a majority of everyone is with me on this and would rather see the good of the brand and Camaro name itself but i just cannot respect those guys that wanna hold everyone else back just because they want their stuff to be the best forever, maybe we should just end the Camaro production at 2010 just to satisfy that minority, you'd have the newest, best performing Camaro on the market, even 50 years from now...idiots...

Sorry bout the rant guys this wasnt focused at anyone in particular but this has been a rising trend lately so....anyways, im still against the price gouging haha
Old 01-07-2010, 09:21 PM   #47
CPanther95

Drives: Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
and wow..some people actually like the price increase because they already have theirs and dont want to be upstaged by the newer ones...really? are we that selfish? Just like all those idiots that say "i dont want a Z/28 cause i want my SS to be on top" thats just retarted...re-f*cking-tarded...even if your Camaro is on top the next guy will pull up with a GT500 and suddenly you go down a peg...what ever happened to real brand loyalty? I know a majority of everyone is with me on this and would rather see the good of the brand and Camaro name itself but i just cannot respect those guys that wanna hold everyone else back just because they want their stuff to be the best forever, maybe we should just end the Camaro production at 2010 just to satisfy that minority, you'd have the newest, best performing Camaro on the market, even 50 years from now...idiots...

Sorry bout the rant guys this wasnt focused at anyone in particular but this has been a rising trend lately so....anyways, im still against the price gouging haha
Any owner with any financial sense doesn't want to see a price decrease, or massive incentives on a car they own. Incentives instantly devalue all existing cars on the road. Incentives have far more to do with the drastic difference between residual values on a Chevy vs a Honda than quality does. Sell it at a fair price and be done with it - this isn't some infomercial product that should rely on marketing gimmicks, especially when it screws your existing customer base.

Now as far as rooting for no Z28, extra features, power, etc. I'm with you on that one - that's ridiculously petty and short sighted.

Old 01-07-2010, 09:58 PM   #48
Vega

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post
Any owner with any financial sense doesn't want to see a price decrease, or massive incentives on a car they own. Incentives instantly devalue all existing cars on the road. Incentives have far more to do with the drastic difference between residual values on a Chevy vs a Honda than quality does. Sell it at a fair price and be done with it - this isn't some infomercial product that should rely on marketing gimmicks, especially when it screws your existing customer base.

Now as far as rooting for no Z28, extra features, power, etc. I'm with you on that one - that's ridiculously petty and short sighted.
Yeah, this is probly the wrong place to post a rant anyways, haha...but oh well, im just not at all pleased with the price raise, it may be $200 now but what happens when in 2013 its gone up $3000 from now? Even though it was just maybe $100 every few months, just gotta draw the line somewhere, cars are already way too over-priced, you used to be able to go buy a new car right out of high school, now a new car is like some kind of secret NASA experiment that you have to kill foreign diplomats for huge mafia paychecks just to even dream of getting xD

Closed Thread