Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 06-03-2016, 08:04 AM   #15
LBJ

Drives: 2012 camaro 1LS. M6
Yes I know it's the easiest part is too removed it I'm the one that installed it but the edge of my hood is not that smooth ware it was cut out and I will fix it before I wrap it out of everything I have done to my car putting wrap on seems like it would be difficult.
Mods..mrt v2. Cai intake v max throttle body. 20% windo tint & RX catch can Gianna 20in rims nitto 555 & afterburner tail lights RS halo head lights & gm heat extractor 4 pack gauges & panted heritage Grille & zl1rear sproler t5 splitter custom head rest
LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 03:17 PM   #16
Oogabooga

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT Satin Black
Get two people to help you. Let them hold the vinyl on each corner like a sheet when making a bed and you can squeegee it down. They will be able to keep the vinyl hovered closely over the hood and also help stretch when needed. It'll be so much easier.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:02 PM   #17
LBJ

Drives: 2012 camaro 1LS. M6
That's a good idea Oogabooga thank you I will try it win it comes in
Mods..mrt v2. Cai intake v max throttle body. 20% windo tint & RX catch can Gianna 20in rims nitto 555 & afterburner tail lights RS halo head lights & gm heat extractor 4 pack gauges & panted heritage Grille & zl1rear sproler t5 splitter custom head rest
LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 06:59 PM   #18
Yellowxwolf

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet camaro 2ss
I suggest using a digital heat gun it is well worth the few extra dollars and a towel with an ID or credit card works just as good. Just don't ever over stretch the vinyl.
Attached Images

Yellowxwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 01:29 AM   #19
chargerfan2

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE 2SS Summit White
I actually did mine yesterday with a friend who has done it many time before with other people. I have a 1Le and the original wrap had a nick in it where I could see the paint from the hood coming through and had spots that wouldn't come out. It seemed like it took longer to remove the old wrap than to put the new one on. A good heat gun is the key and don't stretch it too much. Also make sure you clean the surface well. Here's with the wrap off.

And the new wrap. Sorry for the bad picture I was just trying to get the hood in the shot

If any of you live in the San Diego area I can hook you up with him. He does good work.
chargerfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote