Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-04-2019, 11:48 AM   #1
DCC1464
COTW 5/27/13

Drives: '11 S/C SS/RS CGM
lost oil pressure and engine will not start. NEED HELP

today i was driving into work with cruise control on when the cruise control randomly kicked off and my oil pressure started to drop rapidly. I kill the engine asap and pulled over.

I verified that my lifters still move when i rotate the crank by hand (timing chain should be good then right?). I also have no check engine light.

The engine will crank but immediately die, and i get a strong gas smell.
my oil pressure needle (on the 4 cluster) will sweep like normal but will not read any oil pressure.

my question is will the oil pressure sensor keep the car from running/starting if its bad or i have no oil pressure? any way to check the OPS? Or is there something else i should be looking at?

622RWHP/512FTLBS on 91 octane
2.9l Whipple 4" pulley. Vengance VRSP3 cam. Lots of BMR & AAC. Body work by Gary's Customz. Nic D tuned
My build thread
DCC1464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 12:17 PM   #2
cypressh
Canadian

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
At the back of the intake manifold underneath it that is where your Oil pressure Sensor is located, Easiest way to check if you have a bad Oil pressure Sensor is to hook up a mechanical gauge and crank over the engine (hold the gas pedal and clutch to the floor) and check your oil pressure to see if you do indeed have oil pressure.
cypressh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 12:53 PM   #3
DCC1464
COTW 5/27/13

well issue is solved. I hit a small bump ( same one everyday for ~6yrs) and today was the day that my main fuel line decided its had enough of my shit and let go.........
atleast that explains the strong fuel smell now.

2.9l Whipple 4" pulley. Vengance VRSP3 cam. Lots of BMR & AAC. Body work by Gary's Customz. Nic D tuned
My build thread
Old 02-04-2019, 01:36 PM   #4
RankSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
So no oil pressure issues?
2010 Camaro SS RS, Maggie with 3.4" pulley, 60# injectors, ADM dual fuel pumps, ADM Stage 2 Cam with Brian Tooley springs and pushrods, black CAI intake, Stainless Works long tube headers w/gutted cats, ZL1 Diff w/offset bushings, Pfadt lowering springs, Pfadt sway bars, Pfadt solid sub frame mounts, BMR trailing arms and toe rods, Hurst short throw shifter, Painted on Hugger Orange stripes, Forgestar F14 Piano Black wheels, Nitto NT05 rubber.
RankSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 01:41 PM   #5
DCC1464
COTW 5/27/13

not after i got it running again. i shut the key off quickly when i saw my oil pressure drop, but it appears that it was just from the loss of fuel to the engine

My build thread