Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-27-2012, 02:38 PM   #15
Troyb

Drives: 1968 Chevelle + 2012 ZL1
So true. Most of us ordered 5-6 months ago. Bring our Babies home
Troyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:42 PM   #16
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
It's an added cost I'm really not willing to pay. Sure it will look pretty, but come on this is a muscle car not a touring sedan.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:50 PM   #17
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I'm not buying a 580HP sub supercar to worry about looking at a screen. It means nothing to me.
Ditto!
They can take the audio system out altogether and it'll be fine with me.
OVRKLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:50 PM   #18
hairtrigger

Drives: 69 Chevelle SS396 2013 ZL1
A nav screen will look like an 8 track player in the years to come, the way electronics advance these days. I'll do without and keep my 2012.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #19
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.R View Post
The point is that GM dragged their feet, kept their mouth shut and negatively surprized everyone but adding features to the 13 when the 12 is not even out yet. It's like spitting in the face of all the people that put money down and waited 5 months. Then they give the same interior and wheels to the 1LE which cost 30% less money! So I pay to have the top of the line/unique car just to find out that 5 months later it looks like a regular car. That's great marketing, unfortunately agains the customers for ZL1.

This will be my first GM car and so far I'm very dissapointed with their approach. I pray to God that it's as good as they say it is when I drive it, otherwise I'll drop it in a hurry. Maybe they'll finally do something to positively surprize us soon. I think it's overdue. Sorry, I'm running out of patience here.

I'm sorry you feel the way you do.

"GM Dragged their Feet" -- would you have us put the cars out early if things weren't as they should be? Let's not forget that the auto industry has been thru the most harrowing time in its history...not to mention bankruptcies not only at GM and Chrysler, but hundreds of suppliers as well...that put the ZL1 project way behind in terms of when we wanted them to hit the market.....

"Kept their mouth shut" -- I must respectfully disagree with you - I don't know of any other manufacturer that has people who spend more time on an enthusiast site and answering questions than the Camaro team and GM. Further - no matter WHAT one says, it won't keep people happy unless you tell them exactly - EXACTLY - what they want to hear....I refuse to tell anyone 'exactly what they want to hear' -- that's the quickest way I know to lose hard-earned credibility.

The interior is not just like the ZL1. True - the black wheels are the same as the ZL1 - but the hoods and front fascia are different.....let me assure you that the ZL1 does NOT look like every other Camaro from the front or side....

I'm not exactly sure what we could have done to keep you happy with the entire process - but I will say this: Everything we do - EVERYTHING we do with Camaro has the customer first and foremost in our minds.

In fact, we're taking the 'Disciples' out very shortly to talk to them about many more things - remember - the "12 Disciples of which there are 15" have been involved with the Camaro since shortly after we unveiled the Concept Camaro..........we intend to continue our dialogue and meetings with them because THEY are your voices --- and we DO care!

I can't make your decision - that's something you'll have to do.

BUT - I'd suggest that you go back and re-read what the media is saying about the car -- and perhaps that will aid in your decision.......
Old 03-27-2012, 02:52 PM   #20
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
I planned on a 2013 from the start, but if I had pre-ordered a 2012:
I'd be a bit annoyed by the delays (like I was with my 2010)
I'd be a bit annoyed by the announcement of the 1LE
I'd be a bit annoyed about options that aren't going to be in the 2012 (like when later builds than my car got backup sensors and a couple other things standard in the same model year even)

I'd be keeping my existing order (like I did with my 2010)
I'd be happy I'm one of the few getting this awesome car first (like I did with my 2010)
I'd be getting the touchcreen installed later in the year Problem Sovled

I love listening to the exhaust as much as the next person, but what can I say, I like gadgets. And I think that a $60K sports car should have plenty of them.
2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS|M6|CGM Exterior|Gray Int
2000 Camaro SS|M6|SLP headers|SLP center mounted quad exhaust|Magnaflow muffler|Hypertech programmed
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:52 PM   #21
IcePick06

Drives: '12 AGM ZL1 (SOLD); '07 Ducati 1098
I already planned on going with ALPINE's AFTERMARKET unit anyway and it looks to be WAY BETTER than any FACTORY system... so I don't care if GM offers a 7" touchscreen and MYLINK. Most aftermarket systems let you do more anyway like WATCH DVD's and use the navigation while moving and ALPINE'S unit appears to be fully integrated into the CAMARO as if it were OEM anyway:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_700CMO9...ssi=4&skipvs=T

Highlights:
  • package includes the Alpine INA-W910 navigation receiver, with Perfect Fit dash adapter and steering wheel controls interface package for 2010-up Camaro<LI class=list-heading>General features:
  • DVD/navigation receiver with 7" touchscreen and AM/FM tuner
  • Perfect Fit dash adapter package works with any 2010-up Camaro
  • internal amp (18 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
  • steering wheel controls interface included
  • built-in Bluetooth® for hands-free calling
  • built-in HD Radio™
  • free lifetime traffic subscription
  • works with free PANDORA® iPhone app
  • fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings<LI class=list-heading>Audio/video features:
  • plays DVD Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD, and CD-R/RW
  • plays MP3, WMA, and AAC files on CD and DVD
  • 24-bit Burr-Brown digital-to-analog converter
  • compatible with Alpine's PXA-H800 IMPRINT audio processor<LI class=list-heading>Expandability:
  • built-in iPod control via USB input
  • compatible with SXV100 XM satellite radio tuner
  • inputs: USB input, A/V input, rear camera input
  • outputs: A/V output, 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
IcePick06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #22
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

"GM Dragged their Feet" -- would you have us put the cars out early if things weren't as they should be? Let's not forget that the auto industry has been thru the most harrowing time in its history...not to mention bankruptcies not only at GM and Chrysler, but hundreds of suppliers as well...that put the ZL1 project way behind in terms of when we wanted them to hit the market.....

"Kept their mouth shut" -- I must respectfully disagree with you - I don't know of any other manufacturer that has people who spend more time on an enthusiast site and answering questions than the Camaro team and GM. Further - no matter WHAT one says, it won't keep people happy unless you tell them exactly - EXACTLY - what they want to hear....

The interior is not just like the ZL1. True - the black wheels are the same as the ZL1 - but the hoods and front fascia are different.....let me assure you that the ZL1 does NOT look like every other Camaro from the front or side....

I'm not exactly sure what we could have done to keep you happy with the entire process - but I will say this: Everything we do - EVERYTHING we do with Camaro has the customer first and foremost in our minds.

In fact, we're taking the 'Disciples' out very shortly to talk to them about many more things - remember - the "12 Disciples of which there are 15" have been involved with the Camaro since shortly after we unveiled the Concept Camaro..........we intend to continue our dialogue and meetings with them because THEY are your voices --- and we DO care!

BUT - I'd suggest that you go back and re-read what the media is saying about the car -- and perhaps that will aid in your decision.......
I truly love to read the passion you have for these great cars that keep getting better. I too am starting to get impatient ,but I know it will be worth the wait. My biggest worry is what is wrong with these cars that is keeping them off the streets for so long, not whether or not the 2013 has Nav and mine doesn't.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:58 PM   #23
noxqq

Drives: '19 ZR1 Shadow Gray & '16 Z06 LBR
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

"Kept their mouth shut" -- I must respectfully disagree with you - I don't know of any other manufacturer that has people who spend more time on an enthusiast site and answering questions than the Camaro team and GM. Further - no matter WHAT one says, it won't keep people happy unless you tell them exactly - EXACTLY - what they want to hear....I refuse to tell anyone 'exactly what they want to hear' -- that's the quickest way I know to lose hard-earned credibility.

You say: "....I refuse to tell anyone 'exactly what they want to hear' -- that's the quickest way I know to lose hard-earned credibility."

Really? Our politicians do it all time and they are credible.
noxqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:58 PM   #24
gm_joe

Drives: 2002 Pontiac GP 40th GTP, 2012 ZL-1
Personally, I don't like the touch screen. I rather have the technology where it counts, performance. If I want tech toys I will go to Best Buy.
gm_joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:59 PM   #25
10forty2

Drives: 1992 Chevy K5 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey123456 View Post
I just want to express how disappointing it is to be waiting for a car for months only to find out it's going to be upgraded for 2013. The fact that there will be a touchscreen on a car that maybe comes out 1-2 months later is frustrating. I don't want to hear those of you that talk about "you'll never get a car if you wait for next years updates." This is not a very intelligent comment for this situation because the 2013 comes out a couple of months after the 2012. Also, there those of you that talk about how the 2012 will give you a "permagrin." Wouldn't the 2013 do the same, but with better options? Companies shouldn't update a car that isn't even in the hands of the customers. This is a fail by GM. To me there are a couple of options, and I'd like to know what you guys would do of you were me.

1. Cancel 2012 and wait for 2013.
2. Cancel order all together, keep SS, and keep around 35k cash.
3. Wait it out and hope GM offers the touch screen as an option for the 2012 ZL1.

Primarily, I'd like to hear what you guys are doing to see if I am the only one who is disappointed.
Option 4 - Get the 2012 ZL1 that you have ordered and get an aftermarket touchscreen unit that will do 10 times as much as the factory one will likely do and you'll pay about half. Just another way to think about it.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:01 PM   #26
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
WOW!!!! This is really an issue?? most people can't afford to move up the chain and your worried about a radio in 2013??

LOL!!!!!
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:02 PM   #27
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcePick06 View Post
I already planned on going with ALPINE's AFTERMARKET unit anyway and it looks to be WAY BETTER than any FACTORY system... so I don't care if GM offers a 7" touchscreen and MYLINK. Most aftermarket systems let you do more anyway like WATCH DVD's and use the navigation while moving and ALPINE'S unit appears to be fully integrated into the CAMARO as if it were OEM anyway:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_700CMO9...ssi=4&skipvs=T

Highlights:
  • package includes the Alpine INA-W910 navigation receiver, with Perfect Fit dash adapter and steering wheel controls interface package for 2010-up Camaro<LI class=list-heading>General features:
  • DVD/navigation receiver with 7" touchscreen and AM/FM tuner
  • Perfect Fit dash adapter package works with any 2010-up Camaro
  • internal amp (18 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
  • steering wheel controls interface included
  • built-in Bluetooth® for hands-free calling
  • built-in HD Radio™
  • free lifetime traffic subscription
  • works with free PANDORA® iPhone app
  • fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings<LI class=list-heading>Audio/video features:
  • plays DVD Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD, and CD-R/RW
  • plays MP3, WMA, and AAC files on CD and DVD
  • 24-bit Burr-Brown digital-to-analog converter
  • compatible with Alpine's PXA-H800 IMPRINT audio processor<LI class=list-heading>Expandability:
  • built-in iPod control via USB input
  • compatible with SXV100 XM satellite radio tuner
  • inputs: USB input, A/V input, rear camera input
  • outputs: A/V output, 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #28
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
Most aftermarket head units do NOT let you watch a DVD while driving! You have to override their protection against you doing that. In the case of older ones, simply running the wire that goes to the emergency brake to ground is enough. In newer ones, you need to do more.
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wgas about a radio