Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-17-2016, 02:41 AM   #15
Shawno72

Drives: 2015 Black 2LT RS M6
Btw did you tell those guys they are gonna be a part of history lol
Overkill tune/E85/80mm•CAI cold air intake w/my custom maf tube•Apex air scoop•JacFab ported intake/Extendolater•Vitesse•EE EX2 catch can•Innovate wideband•ARH HFC's•NPP exhaust•11386 xpipe•Brembos/cross drilled/slotted rotors•SS M/C•Pfadt 1.25 springs•1LE struts/sways/strut tower brace•BMR diff bush, trail arms/bush, adj toe links•My custom Tunnel brace•Hurst short throw shifter•JDP stage 1 clutch res•1LE steering wheel, shift boot•ZL1 rear diffuser/splash guards•GM splitter•Z/28 grille/flowtie/spoiler/wheels•GM performance pedals•"Chevrolet" door sills•10" Kicker sub•BigWorm overlays
Shawno72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 02:45 AM   #16
Shawno72

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYBORG View Post
Not trying to rain on anyone's party here, but dyno numbers are just dyno numbers. They dont equate to performance.

Dynos are just a tunning tool; they vary greatly from day to day, car to car, shop to shop, tuner to tuner, even with the correction factor.
And the first naysayer......it's all good, v8s are still cool....haha jk man. Yeah of course but don't count out what a properly tuned v6 can do. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Will can work some serious magic with these "little v6s". Couple that with Jason's, aka Jacfab, goodies and it's gonna get interesting.
Overkill tune/E85/80mm•CAI cold air intake w/my custom maf tube•Apex air scoop•JacFab ported intake/Extendolater•Vitesse•EE EX2 catch can•Innovate wideband•ARH HFC's•NPP exhaust•11386 xpipe•Brembos/cross drilled/slotted rotors•SS M/C•Pfadt 1.25 springs•1LE struts/sways/strut tower brace•BMR diff bush, trail arms/bush, adj toe links•My custom Tunnel brace•Hurst short throw shifter•JDP stage 1 clutch res•1LE steering wheel, shift boot•ZL1 rear diffuser/splash guards•GM splitter•Z/28 grille/flowtie/spoiler/wheels•GM performance pedals•"Chevrolet" door sills•10" Kicker sub•BigWorm overlays
Old 04-17-2016, 02:48 AM   #17
Shawno72

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek1387 View Post
Thank you to Jason at JacFab and Will Overkill.

316RWHP and 247ft/lbs. no internal work.

https://vimeo.com/163118023

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm glad you posted this video because you can clearly him them row to 4th gear before they stomp on it. No 3rd gear here
Old 04-17-2016, 03:00 AM   #18
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Drives: 14'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawno72 View Post
And the first naysayer......it's all good, v8s are still cool....haha jk man. Yeah of course but don't count out what a properly tuned v6 can do. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Will can work some serious magic with these "little v6s". Couple that with Jason's, aka Jacfab, goodies and it's gonna get interesting.
Im certainly not saying thay v6s cant perform. Of course they can. If the car has quality parts, driver and tune. Even a 4 cyl can put a hurting on other cars. What I am saying is, that focusing on a dyno number, does not translate on how good that car may actually run.

I see v8 guys doing it all the time too. It would be cooler to see the car hurting some feelings, while actually going head to head vs other cars, than claiming dyno numbers.
Old 04-17-2016, 03:03 AM   #19
Shawno72

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYBORG View Post
Im certainly not saying thay v6s cant perform. Of course they can. If the car has quality parts, driver and tune. Even a 4 cyl can put a hurting on other cars. What I am saying is, that focusing on a dyno number, does not translate on how good that car may actually run.

I see v8 guys doing it all the time too. It would be cooler to see the car hurting some feelings, while actually going head to head vs other cars, than claiming dyno numbers.
Well that certainly is where the real fun is at but most knuckleheads want graphical proof. Which is now black and white. A little track time will def back the numbers up tho.

But trust me when I say this. A NA v6 with rwhp rivaling an L99 is gonna def hurt some feelings. Especially all those "it's missing 2 cylinders" guys. Haha
Old 04-17-2016, 03:45 AM   #20
ghosted
BCS Auto

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Well that certainly is where the real fun is at but most knuckleheads want graphical proof. Which is now black and white. A little track time will def back the numbers up tho.

But trust me when I say this. A NA v6 with rwhp rivaling an L99 is gonna def hurt some feelings. Especially all those "it's missing 2 cylinders" guys. Haha
Hell yeah. That's about 20% of the reason I chose the underdog v6 to begin with. I love making the haters rethink their words.

Derek is going places. I'm doing the same on my end....except I'm letting Derek do all of the experimenting first on some things, and he on me for others.

BCS Auto on Facebook - - - Follow me on Instagram @datv6tho & @officialbcsauto
ghosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 07:45 AM   #21
mjf12080

Drives: 2014 V6 white
NICE WORK....is it just me or does it look as though they revved it out to like 7800 RPMS...does that have to do with the e85 tune Im guessing...maybe Derek can weigh in on that.

Engine Mods: 80mm throttle body, Jac Fab Intake Spacer and Ported Manifold, Injen CAI, Apex cathc can, Dyno Tune by Performance Dyno NH.

Driveline: 1LE Diff, MGW Short Throw Shifter.

Suspension: 1LE front and rear sways. Pedders adjustabale endlinks, 1LE front and rear struts with Hotchkis Sport springs.

Appearance: Painted engine cover & fuse box cover, Satin Black SS 20's, full IOM interior, ZL1 spoiler, Matte Black Stripes

Sound: Alpine 12in type R, sealed box, 1200 watt mono amp.
mjf12080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 07:56 AM   #22
flyinglow57

Drives: rumble bee,2SS 6sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf12080 View Post
NICE WORK....is it just me or does it look as though they revved it out to like 7800 RPMS...does that have to do with the e85 tune Im guessing...maybe Derek can weigh in on that.
According to the graph they rev to 8400 Do the v6s rev that high
Old 04-17-2016, 07:57 AM   #23
derek1387

Drives: 2015 1LS Red V6
No. We are certain the RPM graph is off but that doesn't affect the tq and hp constants

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

5th Gen V6 Performance Facebook Group
derek1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 08:02 AM   #24
mjf12080

Drives: 2014 V6 white
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinglow57 View Post
According to the graph they rev to 8400 Do the v6s rev that high
Not mine lol Mine tops at about 7000, Most NA's Ive seen are in the same area I am. Im wondering if with the 85 Will lifts redline for the Diff. fuel? The only thing I can think of.

Engine Mods: 80mm throttle body, Jac Fab Intake Spacer and Ported Manifold, Injen CAI, Apex cathc can, Dyno Tune by Performance Dyno NH.

Driveline: 1LE Diff, MGW Short Throw Shifter.

Suspension: 1LE front and rear sways. Pedders adjustabale endlinks, 1LE front and rear struts with Hotchkis Sport springs.

Appearance: Painted engine cover & fuse box cover, Satin Black SS 20's, full IOM interior, ZL1 spoiler, Matte Black Stripes

Sound: Alpine 12in type R, sealed box, 1200 watt mono amp.
mjf12080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 08:32 AM   #25
derek1387

Drives: 2015 1LS Red V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf12080 View Post
Not mine lol Mine tops at about 7000, Most NA's Ive seen are in the same area I am. Im wondering if with the 85 Will lifts redline for the Diff. fuel? The only thing I can think of.
I dont believe WIll has changed my redline by 1500RPM. We are pretty sure the graph is off on the RPM's. But, that doesnt change the tq/hp numbers
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

5th Gen V6 Performance Facebook Group
derek1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 09:21 AM   #26
Skullcandy

Drives: 2013 camaro 2ls
i knew thats we'd break 300 with the mods from will. So excited! good stuff man!
Skullcandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 09:25 AM   #27
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
He's not being a naysayer . He's actually telling the truth . Dynos are a tuning tool . Everything he said about them is correct .

Congrates OP awesome number !
Old 04-17-2016, 10:06 AM   #28
Shawno72

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Coopgt View Post
He's not being a naysayer . He's actually telling the truth . Dynos are a tuning tool . Everything he said about them is correct .

Congrates OP awesome number !
I know this. Hence the jk = just kidding. Guys get so serious when it comes to horsepower and dyno graphs