Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 12-12-2009, 09:48 AM   #1
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
USB Flash Drive Indexing every time started

I just got my Camaro 2SS on Tuesday, and am loving it.

However, I had read beforehand about the PDIM update and that it fixed some indexing problems and other things, so I had asked my Salesman to have the service department look into that, and had even sent a link to the thread regarding the update. I don't know for sure if this ever got done though.

Is it normal to have the flash drive indexed EVERY time you start the car, or at least after it's sat long enough for stuff to "turn off". It's kind of random in that sometimes it will play the first song in the library (begining with a 2) OR it will play the last song being played when I turned it off, then go to the next song which will be the second song in my library (beginning with a 2 also, but next in line).

I'm hoping not, and that I can take it in for an update to fix this. If that's the case, then though I'm not happy with the salesman being a little lazy in not following up on this...at least I have hope that it will work correctly after the update is applied.

Otherwise, I guess that if this is normal...I wouldn't be happy with the design of how the USB functionality works. My preference would be to be pissed off at the salesman, not Chevy
Old 12-12-2009, 11:45 PM   #2
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
That is the current state of things. Only iPods circumvent this as they do their own indexing. It has been noted that there could eventually be a new hardware version that fixes this but until then, we're stuck with the indexing and other limitations. FAQ
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:46 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
the car will reindex everytime, I hope they can fix this for the future, IF GM will listen to the public, or if they can, after all, its just programing.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:53 AM   #4
Romeloc

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS RS A6 Inferno
Yep it indexes all the time. This is like the only thing I hate is the usb port it is some sh**tttttt. Soon as u turn the car off and turn it back on it forgets what folder u was on, but plays the last song u was listening to. This is a big problem for me. Everybody dosen't have an ipod.
Romeloc is offline   Reply With Quote