Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 02-18-2014, 04:01 AM   #169
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Akula!

Did some tuning tonight with my friend/mentor...he's on here sometimes, but i forget his screen name
anyway, he walked me through a proper setup for datalogging, then we went around for a drive (in the rain), and then i got a crash course in MAF tuning, followed by some PE tuning. But i think our setup for my UEGO was slightly off, so i think we're going to have to do a repeat.

so for now, i'm going to consider myself lightly tuned. oh look, i've got a "custom tune" lol

still talking with Matt at floridaspeed about the TT kit...he says he can get me "a good price"... i really need to stop digging this hole

anyway, think i FINALLY decided on a name for my car, for those who care. I've decided on Akula... (no kids, i didn't misspell "Akuma" from the Street Fighter games)

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:10 AM   #170
OzzySS

i've decided - i'm never going to touch AAC's lights again...at least, not for anything that's going to be installed somewhere that'll be difficult to replace. i set my halos to colorshift, and now i've got three red LEDs out on the inner driver ring.

i'm just going to live with it, because i finally got the lights "done" and that company dicked me around for so long with the passenger side halo...you win, AAC, but i'll likely never buy from you again, and certainly not recommending you to anyone...

Old 02-19-2014, 10:49 AM   #171
jmontalvo

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow 2LS
I know how you feel, man. I decided to just get some OEM RS headlights and swapped out the LEDs with the ones that come from the Night Owl kit. I have 0 problems with my headlights now.
|Trifecta Tune|Custom Magnaflow Exhaust|Cold Air Inductions C.A.I.|BBK LTs w/ HFC|Anvil Rear Notch Glossy CF Spoiler|Body Color Heritage Grille|10 spoke polished ZL1 replica wheels|VMAX ported TB|RS Headlights|Night Owl RGB Halos
jmontalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 02:24 PM   #172
OzzySS

Yeah...I'm just gonna live with the lights the way they are for a while. Soooo tired of messing with them, and it's only three red ones for now. They still look great otherwise

Old 02-23-2014, 03:29 PM   #173
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
That sucks on the three LED's that are out on the halo rings, especially considering all the effort it takes to get in there! Let's hope the ghosted side markers you have from them will perform in the long haul. I've got the side markers AND mirrors on mine, but I think I will skip on their halos...

Really liking your build btw
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:16 PM   #174
OzzySS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
That sucks on the three LED's that are out on the halo rings, especially considering all the effort it takes to get in there! Let's hope the ghosted side markers you have from them will perform in the long haul. I've got the side markers AND mirrors on mine, but I think I will skip on their halos...

Really liking your build btw
thanks...yeah, i'm never gonna use them again for something that's not easy to remove. sidemarkers at least, have held up great, and should they fail won't be hard to swap. and i kept my stockers anyway, so it won't put the car OOC while i wait for a replacement.

met up with the guys last night, and it turned into a late-night photosession...here's one shot that we all liked. i can still see the dirty, but i know where to look...lol

Old 02-23-2014, 04:38 PM   #175
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
looks great... didn't realize you removed the Camaro emblems... don't worry about the dirt on the front bumper,,,
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 05:25 PM   #176
OzzySS

Thanks man. Yeah, I pulled all the badging at once, pretty early on. Only have the bowties and 1LE along the cowl

Old 02-23-2014, 08:40 PM   #177
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
looks great... didn't realize you removed the Camaro emblems... don't worry about the dirt on the front bumper,,,
a 'lil photoshop goes a long way.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:17 AM   #178
OzzySS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
a 'lil photoshop goes a long way.
true...was out late last night and just got the pic from my friend. might touch it up later. for now i don't care that much

Old 02-25-2014, 12:24 AM   #179
OzzySS

dropped the car off today for the warranty work on the paint. the car port feels so empty without it there. almost forgot to tell them not to wash it! aaaand they STILL haven't gotten any word on the replacement wheel...i told the service writer i was leaving in a couple of months, he needs to get on that if they don't want to ship me a wheel.

while i was waiting for the courtesy shuttle to take me back to my house (yeah, no effing loaner program either? you serious?) i went to the showroom and saw they had a couple of ZL1s out. pretty nice. both 2014s, one black, one AGM. the AGM one had the recaros, so i took the opportunity to park my butt. my 30 second review? they're nice. really nice. definitely an upgrade from the regular leather seats, but I think for $2000 you can find something that'll keep you even more planted in the seat. i definitely felt more planted in the seat in the butt/lower back region...but i think for just keeping me in one place i can do better. yes, i realize they have airbags as well, and that's a significant portion of their cost, but...well, i'm no longer on the list of people that gotta have them asap. they're definitely nice and will do their job, but i might just swap my driver seat only for something more secure. time will tell.

anyway, got these in tonight - after dropping the car off, naturally...

these would be my dual color switchback lights...one of my friends has these and i like the look of the white running lights. not a bad price from diode dynamics either. unfortunately, it's gonna be a little while before i have install pics.

Old 02-25-2014, 12:33 AM   #180
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
I wanted the switch backs... do you know if they have them for the RS optioned cars yet? There are a few different ways people have done this effect... it can get involved.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:39 AM   #181
OzzySS

interesting...i went back to the website and looked at the RS option and it doesn't seem like they have them. that part's not so interesting, but my friend here has a 45th edition, so he's an SS/RS setup, and was talking to me about making a third wire and splicing, etc, except that when we actually looked at my blinkers during the conversation, I already have 3 wires going to my bulbs. apparently he only has 2 wires going to his.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:08 AM   #182
Go big or Go home

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Finally spotted your build thread.. haha! I love the picture you have on the first post! Really like what you've done with your car! It's clean and simple yet stands out! As simple of a mod as it is, I really like your 1LE hood badges. Even in pictures of the whole car, the badges stand out

Tags
1le, 2013, npp, ozzyss, rally yellow