Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 10-06-2014, 11:43 AM   #15
Niceun

Drives: 2012 45th edition RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray1978 View Post
These conform to the size and shape of OEM right? So tint films would work just the same?
Yes they are OEM.
Niceun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:44 AM   #16
foo.fighter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS IOM M6
just curious guys where did you end up ordering from?
foo.fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:45 AM   #17
Niceun

Ecklers- Rick's Camaro is where I got mine.
Old 10-07-2014, 08:00 AM   #18
jgray1978

Drives: '12 2SS/RS 45th vert, '14 2SS/RS
One thing that has turned me off about them is the LED array arraignment. The LED arraignment does not conform to the lens shape and is rounded on the bottom. I have always thought that it looked funny.
Old 10-07-2014, 08:46 AM   #19
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray1978 View Post
One thing that has turned me off about them is the LED array arraignment. The LED arraignment does not conform to the lens shape and is rounded on the bottom. I have always thought that it looked funny.

After reading that I have to agree with you. You wonder why they didn't just fill it with leds instead of those lines.

I want to purchase these, but my biggest gripe I think (other than hearing ppl say they fog up) is why wouldn't they put the toggle switches on the top of the lights so you could switch them by easily removing those covers over the tail lights, as apposed to having to take the bumper down? I've been told by a couple of people that the switches are really far in the back of the light that you really can't get to them.
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 10:00 AM   #20
Mean Green Z28

Drives: 2010 2SS
I like mine. Well, for the price I paid for them, I really like mine, lol. The only thing I noticed about it was that it seemed to run my battery down faster when stored. Possibly 'cos it's directly connected to the battery?

Before installing, went on work travel for three weeks. Came back and had no issue starting the car up
After installing, went on travel for just two weeks. Came back and battery was dead. Had to trickle charge it overnight.

Hope it was just my original battery starting to die (almost 5yrs. now), else I may have to disconnect the harness every time I travel.
-- >> Some of my Projects My Fquick Page
Mean Green Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 07:00 PM   #21
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
I got mine directly from the manufacturer when they first came out, even before they were on Camaro5.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 07:19 PM   #22
LnLSS
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2015 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
I like mine. Well, for the price I paid for them, I really like mine, lol. The only thing I noticed about it was that it seemed to run my battery down faster when stored. Possibly 'cos it's directly connected to the battery?

Before installing, went on work travel for three weeks. Came back and had no issue starting the car up
After installing, went on travel for just two weeks. Came back and battery was dead. Had to trickle charge it overnight.

Hope it was just my original battery starting to die (almost 5yrs. now), else I may have to disconnect the harness every time I travel.
I always connect my trickle charger to the battery before I leave it for an extended period of time.
LnLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 07:37 PM   #23
Niceun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thCamaro View Post
After reading that I have to agree with you. You wonder why they didn't just fill it with leds instead of those lines.

I want to purchase these, but my biggest gripe I think (other than hearing ppl say they fog up) is why wouldn't they put the toggle switches on the top of the lights so you could switch them by easily removing those covers over the tail lights, as apposed to having to take the bumper down? I've been told by a couple of people that the switches are really far in the back of the light that you really can't get to them.
Yes the little toggle switches are deep inside the lights but you don't have to remove the bumper. You would need to remove the lights and that in itself is time consuming but not impossible. It has rained for 2 days here and so far I have not had any fogging on mine. BUT I did put clear silicone all around them before I installed them. You should get a set they are awesome! I watched a girl behind me at a red light today video my car with her phone. The strobe effect gets the attention.
Old 10-07-2014, 07:47 PM   #24
LnLSS
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2015 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:

The main reason people are getting the fogging is when they are installing they tighten the nuts to much which in turn breaks the seal on the light. Found this out the hard way but after drying it out and adding silicon have not had a fogging issue since.
LnLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 04:35 AM   #25
45thCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LnLSS View Post
The main reason people are getting the fogging is when they are installing they tighten the nuts to much which in turn breaks the seal on the light. Found this out the hard way but after drying it out and adding silicon have not had a fogging issue since.

I'm curious, if they see many people are having issues, why not just use better silicone?
Old 10-08-2014, 08:34 AM   #26
Niceun

Quote:
I'm curious, if they see many people are having issues, why not just use better silicone?
Yes exactly, for mine the silicone was not a continuous bead all around the light. It had voids in the bead that is why I applied my own bead around the light. I think the manufactur just needs a little quality inspection before it goes in a box.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:42 PM   #27
45thCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceun View Post
Yes exactly, for mine the silicone was not a continuous bead all around the light. It had voids in the bead that is why I applied my own bead around the light. I think the manufactur just needs a little quality inspection before it goes in a box.

Agreed. This is one of the reasons I'm holding off. That and they are far and few between as far as availability.

I just put a lot of $$ into the car so in going to wait a while.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:31 AM   #28
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Nobody buy these products!

I want to be the only one with these badass lights
I mean, trust me they're not worth it...
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote