Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 10-09-2014, 07:57 AM   #29
Mean Green Z28

Drives: 2010 2SS
lol you're not fooling anyone Tommy!

Typing fat fingered on my GS3...excuse any sfelling mitcakes
-- >> Some of my Projects My Fquick Page
Mean Green Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:29 AM   #30
Niceun

Drives: 2012 45th edition RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
Nobody buy these products!

I want to be the only one with these badass lights
I mean, trust me they're not worth it...

TomCat speakth the truth.
Niceun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 07:25 PM   #31
Niceun

Here's a video of my lights.

http://youtu.be/QMgmmedC52w

Last edited by Niceun; 10-09-2014 at 08:16 PM.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:35 AM   #32
Niceun

UPDATE;
My lights failed. Sent them back in Feb. 2015 and did not get them back till Friday May 1st 2015. Can you beleive that?? 3 months without my tail lights! During that time I did have my orginal ones back in. For 3 months I called and Emailed them and let me tell you the guy doesn't answer emails. I final got a call through this past Monday and left a voice mail stating I need to know what he is going to do about my lights so I know what action to take from this point forward! He never returned my call but 2 days later I got a notification from UPS I had a package on the way for delivery. So I installed them on Sunday and today (Monday) I have noticed one of the lights is not operating excatlly like it should. So this next weekend I will be calling them again and requesting a total refund. Enough is Enough!
Old 07-09-2015, 11:38 AM   #33
BlackSmoke

Drives: 2013 Black SS 1LE
Frustrating..... But hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceun View Post
UPDATE;
My lights failed. Sent them back in Feb. 2015 and did not get them back till Friday May 1st 2015. Can you beleive that?? 3 months without my tail lights! During that time I did have my orginal ones back in. For 3 months I called and Emailed them and let me tell you the guy doesn't answer emails. I final got a call through this past Monday and left a voice mail stating I need to know what he is going to do about my lights so I know what action to take from this point forward! He never returned my call but 2 days later I got a notification from UPS I had a package on the way for delivery. So I installed them on Sunday and today (Monday) I have noticed one of the lights is not operating excatlly like it should. So this next weekend I will be calling them again and requesting a total refund. Enough is Enough!

I too purchased my lights from Ricks and it took a couple of months for them to arrive. I installed them in May of 2014 I think. They have done great and I love the lights. However, they do take in water.... It was just one but now it's all 4. I didn't add extra silicone to my set thinking it may alter my warranty. Yesterday I am driving along and go to turn left, hit my left blinker and my blinker is blinking fast! Typical when you have a light out plus the car screen was saying "check tail light". Hmmmm this doesn't sound good at all. I make my turn and immediately hop out to have a look... Sure enough the left side 2 lights are acting funky as in the pattern is not running as it should. I also noticed a few LEDs out on the bottom of the lamp. Also, water is literally standing in all 4 lights!!! A inch or so of water standing?? Wow... So now I begin my journey of trying to figure out my best option to get these 2 light replaced or a new ballast perhaps? I'm not sure but I will figure out something.

It just sucks so bad because these lights are so awesome and talk about turning heads if I had a dime for every time I have seen people taking pictures of my rear I would be loaded! I'm not giving up on them just yet because I really am a fan and beg to be different. I can pull the lights, drill a few holes in the very bottom so that any water in them can escape plus add some good silicone all the way around to aide in keeping water out. It just seems to be the far left light that's the trouble as far as functioning properly. Anyways again I just can't give up on these things just yet. They are just too cool of a feature and they have lasted well over a year with no problems so there is still hope.
K & N Cold Air Intake, 25% window tint, 2 sets of 6000K LED fogs added, bow ties delete, Pypes catback mid exhaust, MGP Caliper covers, Spyder projection HID 6000K lighting with dual CCFL halos, Technostalgia Rapid Fire LED Tail Lights, blacked out rear bezels, Oracle Ghosted side marker lights, Platinum Ultra Rims, LED tag, dome, trunk lighting, Razzi Ground Effects, Billet Grille, Oracle Concept Mirrors, Eibach Pro Springs,
GM Strut Tower Brace and LED lit door sills.
BlackSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 11:41 AM   #34
Niceun

Good luck my friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-11-2015, 02:29 AM   #35
Mean Green Z28

Drives: 2010 2SS
Have never had issues with mine on so much water in them. However did have an issue with a bit of condensation. They were used when I got them and had a nice bead of clear silicone around the meeting point of the lense and housing. Took them apart at the joint line in body and cleaned them out but I don't think that foam seal is any good.
-- >> Some of my Projects My Fquick Page
Mean Green Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 10:42 AM   #36
BlackSmoke

Call me crazy but eh......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
Have never had issues with mine on so much water in them. However did have an issue with a bit of condensation. They were used when I got them and had a nice bead of clear silicone around the meeting point of the lense and housing. Took them apart at the joint line in body and cleaned them out but I don't think that foam seal is any good.

Yeah see that's how my far left light began to show a problem was condensation. I called ricks, they gave me the number to the manufacturer so I talked to Todd. I was about a month out of warranty but he did offer to take them in and repair them then send them back. I wasn't down for no tail lights for who knows how long and it was just condensation at this point so not a huge deal. The other option was to pull my car out in the sun and let it dry up lol... So I went with the dry out option and it did dry out it just ummm took in a lot of water ugh....

OK now brace yourself and call me crazy BUT! I ordered another new set yesterday.... Eh... ok well again I really like these lights! Here is the plan - get the new ones in. Seal them perfectly.... Go ahead and make a drain in them just in case. Then I have extra ballasts, boards, lights, blah blah... A good surplus for any problems going forward. Now that I know what seems to go wrong with these things I can step it up, take my time and prep before install. Besides (as I try to justify my actions in my mind) the lights are truly worth a $700.00 price tag if I got one set for that not two.

I guess we all have what we love most about our cars. Some go under the hood, some go cosmetic, sound etc etc..... I believe the whole issue is the water getting in, literally standing in the housing creating a portion of the light to sit under water for 24 hours a day? Not sure but this is just my thoughts.
K & N Cold Air Intake, 25% window tint, 2 sets of 6000K LED fogs added, bow ties delete, Pypes catback mid exhaust, MGP Caliper covers, Spyder projection HID 6000K lighting with dual CCFL halos, Technostalgia Rapid Fire LED Tail Lights, blacked out rear bezels, Oracle Ghosted side marker lights, Platinum Ultra Rims, LED tag, dome, trunk lighting, Razzi Ground Effects, Billet Grille, Oracle Concept Mirrors, Eibach Pro Springs,
Old 07-14-2015, 11:04 AM   #37
BlackSmoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by LnLSS View Post
The main reason people are getting the fogging is when they are installing they tighten the nuts to much which in turn breaks the seal on the light. Found this out the hard way but after drying it out and adding silicon have not had a fogging issue since.
This is good to know. Perhaps that's what I did wrong with mine. I will watch that on this next new set.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:42 AM   #38
BlackSmoke

WOW is the best word to use here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceun View Post
UPDATE;
Just a little update guys and girls. I ordered a new set of these LED tail lights last Monday July 13th online via ricks camaros website. I did call ricks the next day to get a rough eta on the delivery. They tried several times to call the manufacturer but couldn't get through for whatever reason. Ricks rep put in a call back ticket with a answer to my question of arrival. 8 days pasted and yesterday morning I got a call from Ricks from a nice young lady to inform me that my lights are on the UPS truck that day which was July 21st. That was great news and honestly I thought she meant on the truck at the manufacture in NC. I come home yesterday afternoon and the package is at my front door! 8 days!!! That is awesome service - I was thrilled. So hats off to Ricks for outstanding service.

Keep in mind my last set ordered through ricks took about 2 months to arrive. This wasn't a fault on ricks behalf but back ordered from the manufacturer. I went out today and got some top quality clear silicone just to safe guard that water issue. I inspected the lights last night and they appear to be sealed good but another small bead won't hurt anything. Also I will hand tight the nuts this time per the instructions and some members on here stating how important that was. Chime in if you want a update in about 3 -6 months of how they are doing going forward.

Cheers
Old 07-23-2015, 01:24 PM   #39
ELIC1
Account Suspended

Drives: black and silver
why do people kept buying these lights I understand they look great on the car. but all the issues is not worth it to me... good luck with your lights I hope this time it all works out
ELIC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 01:50 PM   #40
BlackSmoke

Well I got good news at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELIC1 View Post
why do people kept buying these lights I understand they look great on the car. but all the issues is not worth it to me... good luck with your lights I hope this time it all works out
Just a hour ago I went to replace my lights with my second new set and I swear I thought eh I will turn them on and signal etc.... (The "old" set - not the new set) and they are working again!!??

I just drove the car Tuesday and that one far left one was still acting up. My Camaro is not a every day driver so it's in the garage at my house more than on the road. What gives???? 2 - 3 weeks of the one not working and now it decided to work. I couldn't believe it. So I went ahead and changed the whole set out because I added good sealant to them, let it cure playing it safe. Long story short now I have 2 complete sets that work perfectly. I think it was my fault on them taking in water. I have them drying out now then I will seal them really good and they will be good to go.

To answer your question they are just the coolest lights that I have ever seen. That's it really. That's the driving force. Just like Tommy mentioned above they are just flat out sweet lights that captures everyone's eye including my own eye.
Old 07-23-2015, 01:53 PM   #41
ELIC1
Account Suspended

Drives: black and silver
you are 1000 percent right they are the best lights for the Camaro.... just the issues is not worth it to me.. again to me. good luck and go out and drive that car lol
ELIC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 03:44 PM   #42
Uhoh5oh
Demon Bu1LT

Drives: 2012 1LT
I've been creeping this thread for a bit now. I have my fingers crossed for the new set to work flawlessly. If you decide to sell the original set let me know. I may be interested, even with the issues you've had. Good luck. Your car looks great btw!

Appearance Mods: 20" Havoc wheels with 245 Nittos up front and 275 Toyos in the rear, 1LT Badges by Emblem Pros, NS1 inspired striping, Aggressor 2 fascia, T-Rex Phantom Grille, 4 pack gauge cluster, Hydro dipped engine bay, Iggee synthetic leather seat covers

Audio Mods: Rockford Fosgate P3 12", Rockford Fosgate 1000w amp

Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=404436
Uhoh5oh is offline   Reply With Quote