Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 11-30-2014, 05:15 PM   #15
rydahog

Drives: camaro ss
NIGHT OWL

So with V1 with halos and grill fine..plug n play..how about drl's? same or do i have to CUT them open? thank anyone who did this and can post..
rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 10:13 PM   #16
jgray1978

Drives: '12 2SS/RS 45th vert, '14 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydahog View Post
So with V1 with halos and grill fine..plug n play..how about drl's? same or do i have to CUT them open? thank anyone who did this and can post..
Elaborate on the context of your question.

If you was wanting to power the DRL LED assembly (P13W, PSX26W, 5202, H11) itself, you will need a harness to power them from your V1 HP modules. You'll want to be sure to use LED assemblies in this configuration. If you are desiring to add RGB halos to your DRL housings, yes you will need to cut the housings open and affix the rings to the inside. Been there and done that.
Old 11-30-2014, 10:36 PM   #17
djteezerSS

Lights look awesome, video came out good..... Enjoy.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
djteezerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 08:36 AM   #18
Niceun

Drives: 2012 45th edition RS 2LT
Jgray, I got the harness with my system BUT I didnt install it because I didnt have the LED bulbs(just ordered them yesterday) So once I install the LED's and connect my harness my DRL's will be on all the time? What if I want to turn them off? Do I just turn the headlight knob to the left? I wanted LED's so that I could include my DRL's in some of the programs as strobes.
Niceun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 09:31 AM   #19
bwk1971
Res Ipsa Loquitur

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Vert Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceun View Post
Jgray, I got the harness with my system BUT I didnt install it because I didnt have the LED bulbs(just ordered them yesterday) So once I install the LED's and connect my harness my DRL's will be on all the time? What if I want to turn them off? Do I just turn the headlight knob to the left? I wanted LED's so that I could include my DRL's in some of the programs as strobes.
The app will allow you to control everything from leaving them on all the time, turning one on and not the other, and control the brightness. If you want them on all the time, set your default to that. If you don't, you can set it to what you like. I have my default set to run the DRLs all the time at full brightness. I turn the default off for shows so that the DRLs don't overpower the halos. I love this system!
"STREET LEGAL" 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 Convertible -- 2.9l Whipple Supercharger, CDC SportBar, Cordon CR-1 and MRR M017 wheels, Hex Vents, RPI ZL1 Splitter, CAI, Pfadt Tri-Y Headers, high-flow cats, ZR1 3 bar map sensor, ZL1 fuel pump, 3.875" pulley, ADM FPCM, 1LE PCV Oil Separator Kit, Elite Catch Can, APEX scoop and washer bottle relocation kit, Hotchkis lowering springs, BMR sways, BMR toe rods, BMR trailing arms, 620 rwhp, 564 rwtq, and tuned by Andrew Zurick of Complete Street Performance by way of Maryland Speed.
bwk1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 10:06 AM   #20
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Yea a great system I dumped my JDP system for this setup and I am glad I did easy to use, much easier install.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:21 AM   #21
Niceun

Drives: 2012 45th edition RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwk1971 View Post
The app will allow you to control everything from leaving them on all the time, turning one on and not the other, and control the brightness. If you want them on all the time, set your default to that. If you don't, you can set it to what you like. I have my default set to run the DRLs all the time at full brightness. I turn the default off for shows so that the DRLs don't overpower the halos. I love this system!
As Joe Dirt would say "DAAANG".

This is so cool.
Niceun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 04:35 PM   #22
rydahog

Drives: camaro ss
OEM DRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray1978 View Post
Elaborate on the context of your question.

If you was wanting to power the DRL LED assembly (P13W, PSX26W, 5202, H11) itself, you will need a harness to power them from your V1 HP modules. You'll want to be sure to use LED assemblies in this configuration. If you are desiring to add RGB halos to your DRL housings, yes you will need to cut the housings open and affix the rings to the inside. Been there and done that.
thanks i appreciate your ans. i didnt know my OEM drl's could work with this system, great, and also found out that i need to cut lens to get new led halos...great..thanks again...NOWL parts on the way as i type,..lol
rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote