Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 1st & 2nd Generation Camaros

Old 04-20-2014, 01:44 PM   #1
MrV7
Mike

Drives: No Car.. yet
Exclamation Looking for some price advice on 67'

Trying to see what a good price would be for a 1967 Camaro (unknown trim)

No motor, no tranny, just a rolling chassis and seems to be minimal rust body with complete suspension.

-Mike
Attached Images

MrV7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 04:38 PM   #2
jwcarguy

Drives: Camaro SS
can you post more detailed pics of the car?
Trunk pan, shock towers, exterior of quarters, tail pan, fender and door bottoms
clean title ?

looks like at min it will need drivers side floor pans
Your car or one that you are looking at?

nice work on the cowl/ firewall ??

Jeff
jwcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 11:01 PM   #3
flyingskibiker

Drives: Cars, Trucks, Bikes, ORVs, Planes
Send a message via Yahoo to flyingskibiker
It wasn't an RS. It looks like it had a center console. The trim tag appears to have very few options. But it will tell you original color, interior, and a few options.

Man, that thing will nickel and dime you to death unless you get it cheap! I mean, no harnesses in the engine bay, trim, interior, hood?, lights, wipers, etc. THEN, you have to deal with a drivetrain from radiator to driveshaft, exhaust, shifter, brake lines (maybe more), etc. Oh, then there's body work and paint!

I saw a couple mostly complete, very restorable, pretty original cars go for around $17k. I would think this one should go for $7k. But I also bet the market would bring around $10k for it. Annoying...
Old 04-21-2014, 12:56 AM   #4
MrV7
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwcarguy View Post
can you post more detailed pics of the car?
Trunk pan, shock towers, exterior of quarters, tail pan, fender and door bottoms
clean title ?

looks like at min it will need drivers side floor pans
Your car or one that you are looking at?

nice work on the cowl/ firewall ??

Jeff
Jeff,

I'm looking into getting this car, and its appealing to me because I want to autocross it. These are a few pics my buddy sent me I'll see if i can get more.

-Mike
Old 04-21-2014, 02:02 AM   #5
MrV7
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingskibiker View Post
It wasn't an RS. It looks like it had a center console. The trim tag appears to have very few options. But it will tell you original color, interior, and a few options.

Man, that thing will nickel and dime you to death unless you get it cheap! I mean, no harnesses in the engine bay, trim, interior, hood?, lights, wipers, etc. THEN, you have to deal with a drivetrain from radiator to driveshaft, exhaust, shifter, brake lines (maybe more), etc. Oh, then there's body work and paint!

I saw a couple mostly complete, very restorable, pretty original cars go for around $17k. I would think this one should go for $7k. But I also bet the market would bring around $10k for it. Annoying...
I'm not to worried about restoring it, my main goal is to autocross it, so keeping it to the bare minimums to save weight would be my approach. Still gonna get costly though.

I'm already 24k in without even having a car.

Thanks for the price suggestion though, I'm try and stay as low as I can on this car. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:22 AM   #6
jwcarguy

Drives: Camaro SS
check the vin on the a pillar/ door post, if it was a originally a 6 cyl car, may be able to help lower the price
for a track car, you don't care what the numbers say, just trying to "lower the value"

The last few bodys that I sold were cowl back cars, no front clip, no drivetrain, no interior, etc and dry rustfree southwest desert cars, clean titles and sold for $4,500- 6,000

Jeff
jwcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
67', advice, price