Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 03-25-2010, 05:23 PM   #1
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
ZZ Motorsports.... ZZ427 UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!

ZZ Motorsports is proud to announce that we have begun the construction of our new project....

The ZZ427

This project has been designed primarily by feedback from our faithful customer base. We have taken your thoughts, your concerns, and your suggestions and turned them into an affordable yet elite performance vehicle.

You wanted:
- A car that is at home on the street or at the track
- A car that rides as well as a factory Camaro but can handle the road course as well
- A powertrain that will handle any abuse we throw at it
- 600+ normally aspirated Horsepower

Our Goals:

Build a Camaro that has the appearance of a factory vehicle:
- Using mild cosmetic alterations, create a performance vehicle with aggressive yet mild styling. We will be using a custom spoiler as well as vented fenders from Gary's Customs.
- Install wheels that accentuate the style of the Camaro. We have chosen to use 360 Forged to provide a set of 20" wheels and Pirelli Tires.
- Custom badging will let everybody know EXACTLY what they are looking at, and what it is capable of.

Build a powertrain that will both outperform and outlast the competiton:
- Using a custom built and sleeved shortblock from ERL Performance, we will be installing an LS3 427 Stroker. We will be using a 4.125 bore and 4.00 stroke to avoid the premature wear that an LS3 experiences with the 4.100 stroke crankshafts.
- All internals of the engine are forged, including custom Wiseco Pistons, and K1 Rotating Assembly. ARP Studs and bolts are being used as well.
- A custom camshaft by New Era Performance will bring life to the 427.
- The cylinder heads will also receive some custom porting and head work via New Era Performance.
- Air is fed to the 427 monster via a Roto-Fab Cold Air Intake.
- A F.A.S.T. LSXr intake will sit on top of the beast.
- 1000HP axles and a twin disk clutch provided by Fidanza will ensure that the power of that 427 will make it to the road.
- An MGW short shifter and composite racing shifter ball will allow us to truly enjoy the driving experience.

Make the ZZ427 sound like a true performance vehicle, but tame that sound so it can be driven without discomfort from the exhaust note:
- American Racing Headers Long-Tubes and a full 3 inch exhaust feeding into SLP Powerflo mufflers will allow the animal to breathe, but will also produce a deep powerful tone.

Improve the braking performance to tame the speed that this car will be capable of. Also provide a braking system that can be used on the track without worrying about heat or brake fade:
- Upgraded cross-drilled and slotted rotors will be provided by Stillen.
- Upgraded brake pads will be provided by HAWK, which will allow a lower brake dust output, an increased friction coefficient, and an increased heat range.
- Stillen will also be provided stainless steel braided lines, and upgraded racing fliuds to allow higher heat temps without fail, and to reduce fluid compression.

Improve the handling on the Camaro, and get that power to the ground:
- BMR Fabrication will be providing various components to allow us to make the 600+HP stick to the ground.
- KW Variant 1 coilovers will allow us to fine tune the ride height while maintaining excellent road manners.

What is the best part of this package???
It will all be available following the unveil at Camaro5 Fest!!

Please check back often for updates, build pictures, and videos!!!
The true unveiling will be at Camaro5 Fest!!
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 05:23 PM   #2
ZZcamaro

This post is for pictures of the components we will be using...

Here are a couple pictures of our spoiler from Extreme Dimensions which also arrived on 3/30/2010:

Overall I am pleased with the look of the spoiler when it arrived... As with any other part it is obvious that it will require final body work and prep to be truly ready for paint.

Here is the MGW Shifter that showed up today 3/30/2010:

So far I am very impressed with the quality components provided from MGW. I look forward to the install tomorrow!!

Here is the LSXr intake manifold that showed up today 3/23/2010:

And a sneak preview of the wheels:

Update 4/11/2010:
Here is a picture of a bunch of suspension goodies, as well as the NoWeeds exhaust diverters that showed up last week!!!

Last edited by ZZcamaro; 04-11-2010 at 09:56 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:23 PM   #3
ZZcamaro

This post will include a step by step of our build process...

The first parts I received were from ********....
Steve at ******** was extremely helpful, and the products are amazing. They fit very well, and the finished product turned out better than I had expected.

So here is a little outline of the stereo build:

First, here is a picture of the ******** box being test fit before I bolted it down. You do not need to bolt it down because it fits so tight, but I did because this car will see some aggressive road course driving!!
[IMG]http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy64/zeitlermd/********/3-24-2010010.jpg[/IMG]

The most complicated part of the install is bending the mounting brackets just right...I say complicated, but it was very easy to do...the entire install is a virtual no brainer (except for wiring!!!)[IMG]http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy64/zeitlermd/********/3-24-2010014.jpg[/IMG]

Here is the bracket installed behind my sound processor
[IMG]http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy64/zeitlermd/********/3-24-2010016.jpg[/IMG]

Here is the Amp rack installed and wired up. The amp is an Alpine PDX.5 which is running JL audio components in the front and 6x9 in the rear... The sub is a JL 12W3.
[IMG]http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy64/zeitlermd/********/3-24-2010017.jpg[/IMG]

And the final result. I love the clean install and look, and it maintains the pass through of the back seat. The combination o fthe subs and amp sounds amazing!! It is capable of A LOT of bass, but I keep it turned down to where I like it.
[IMG]http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy64/zeitlermd/********/3-24-2010020.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by ZZcamaro; 03-25-2010 at 10:06 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:52 PM   #4
godfathercrc

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro SS
supercharge it get more hp cheaper better yet vortech supercharger on the 427 youll really have something i guess iam just love blowers sounds like you have a pretty good plan like to see 1/4 mile time when your done good luck to you
godfathercrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:53 PM   #5
ZZcamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfathercrc View Post
supercharge it get more hp cheaper better yet vortech supercharger on the 427 youll really have something i guess iam just love blowers sounds like you have a pretty good plan like to see 1/4 mile time when your done good luck to you
The original plan was to build a low compression block and put a vortech on it for about 800HP... But when I put it up for a vote here on Camaro5, the stroker got more votes (barely).

Anybody can bolt-on a supercharger and crank the boost, but it takes some real work to build a stroker that will last, and produce over 600HP.

We also could have built a 440 motor, but I decided to stick with the 427 due to it's heritage. Also does anybody really think you are going to get that kind of HP to stick on street tires anyway?

We will be producing slightly more RWHP than others are doing by bolting on turbo or superchargers, so that will be a pretty impressive increase over stock.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:09 PM   #6
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
i can't wait to see it.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:45 AM   #7
Gotthat02fire

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss IOM
I'll be waiting maybe not as long as the others!! Looking forward to this!!!

Last edited by Gotthat02fire; 03-26-2010 at 05:36 PM.
Gotthat02fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:22 AM   #8
danhr
BAMF SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS A8
Send a message via AIM to danhr
Will you be converting the engine to a 6 bolt head, since you are getting the ERL block?

What's the cam specs look like in a beast like this? high 23x's? low 24x's?

and since you are just in my backyard.... can i drive it?! lol

Hope to line up with this thing at the PRP!

Stock Longblock

800 SAE rwhp. 9.4 @ 145 mph.
danhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:25 AM   #9
ZZcamaro

All of the engine specs and cam specs (most anyway) will be unveiled at Camaro5 Fest...I will have a buildsheet and book displayed with the vehicle to show what we have done...

You need to come down to Wexford some Friday night... There is always a good showing there. www.starlitecarcruise.com I believe is the website.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:37 AM   #10
danhr
BAMF SS

Yeah but I'm like a neighbor to you and there are only a handful of 2010 camaro's in the burgh anyways, so you should divulge some information to me. lol.

and I pretty regularly go to wexford for the starlite cruise. If not for teh cars, but for the food. lol. That cruise doesn't start until later in the year though.

Damn it... now I have more competition for the fastest 2010 in pittsburgh

Stock Longblock

Old 03-26-2010, 09:44 AM   #11
FASST 1

Drives: Black 1SS
Hey, let me know when it is done. I can't make it to Camaro5Fest but I will stop down to check it out, or I will buy you lunch at Primanti's and you can drive it up.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:30 AM   #12
ZZcamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASST 1 View Post
Hey, let me know when it is done. I can't make it to Camaro5Fest but I will stop down to check it out, or I will buy you lunch at Primanti's and you can drive it up.
You got it.. You don't even need to buy... I love Primanti's

As for the fastest in the area... Who knows which one that will be. I am sure there will be more Camaros out there with more RWHP than mine, but can they get it to stick to the ground???

We are trying to build this car to maximize the usable HP, that is how much you can expect to get to stick to the ground on actual street tires. Also building HP with a stroker is different than with a blower... I personally love the rumble and idle of a stroker and I think a lot of people would agree with that...in fact a lot did when we had the vote!!

More info to come next week...
Old 03-26-2010, 10:39 AM   #13
danhr
BAMF SS

camaro5 meet at primanti's? lol

and i hope i'll be able to get mine to hook. I still have yet to buy my bogarts and nitrous though.....

Stock Longblock

Old 03-30-2010, 09:20 PM   #14
ZZcamaro

Updated 3/30/2010 with new pictures in post #2...
They include the MGW shifter and Extreme Dimensions spoiler which arrived today... ENJOY!!!