Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-21-2021, 07:06 PM   #15
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewCamaroSSowner View Post
I thinking of trying a resonator delete with a H pipe since that makes it lower sounding than the X and keeping my borla touring axle back. That should increase the sound level and keep it lower and not raspy? If I do decide to go to pull the trigger later on my the headers, I want to keep some type of high flow cats because a delete would leave a rotten egg smell I am told.
No, those are "cat farts" as I have read on here on cars WITH cats, when you remove them you will smell the "old school" exhaust smell and some unburnt fuel smell also. Especially with a big cam like some of us are running.
Old 03-25-2021, 11:57 AM   #16
Moeman
THE Cone Killer

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS BVM; 2016 Vette Z51
I have American Racing Headers with High flow cats , used their mufflers as well. Tuned by Dyno Steve. Nice startup sound. You live in KY..come to Camarofest in Bowling Green...July 8 to 10...see and hear every exhaust out there. $20 for a spectator ticket.and you meet the best people.
BMR 1.25 inch lowering springs, Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Cradle and offset Diff Bushings,
Bilstein Struts, front and rear
ZL1 rear Diffuser, Rocker Panels, 1LE Front Splitter
Z28 High Wing Rear Spoiler,
Tuned by DynoSteve
Moeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 02:34 PM   #17
NHRABill

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible
I have a 11 SS Vert and added Headers and cat delete. I kept the Factory cat back and it is loud when you are on it and quiet when not its a great sound when for a cruiser.

I also wound the spring on the rear exhaust valves to stay open which changed the sound making it meaner at idle. I used a Diablo i3 platinum with canned tune never had a Check engine light never any noticeable smell. I disabled the AFM via tuner and manage 24mpg on highway 17 city. average 21-22 over full tank of gas.

I just ordered a 3" cat back arrives late next week time to open her up and make some noise. Came on the forum to see if I can find a 3" to 3" cat delete pipe as mine is 3 to 2.5"
NHRABill is offline   Reply With Quote