Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 11-16-2023, 11:44 AM   #1
homermacleod

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Blue Velvet Metallic
Tires

I currently have 10150 miles on my car and still have the original tires on them. Earlier this week, I took the car out for a ride and almost wrecked it.

It was on a totally dry road and about 87-90 degrees outside. I gave it about a 1/4 throttle (or less) while going around a long sweeping curve and the back end broke loose and I almost hit a median and tree.

I am looking to get rid of these tires before I wreck my car. It's not the first time I had issues with lack of grip from these tires. I know there is a lot of discussion on tires and wheels and I have read through several of them.

I will probably change the rims at the same time as the tires because I'd like to go with a square setup so that I can rotate the tires.

I am looking for recommendations on non directional, all season tires. The second question is about the rims. Is there any advantage to going with a 10" vs 9" wheel (275/40/20 on all 4)?
Flowmaster Outlaw Catback | CAI Intake | Skip Shift Eliminator | Hill Start Assist Disable | Factory Short Throw Shifter |GM Strut Tower Brace | Bo White Ported Throttle Body | Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can |PAC RPK-GM4101 | Kenwood DDX6904S | JL C2650; C2650X; 10W1 (2); XD400/4 | Fosgate P500X2
homermacleod is offline   Reply With Quote