Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-12-2010, 06:58 PM   #43
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by raqball View Post
How is that fake badging??? I can see if he put SS emblems on it but I see NO problem whatsoever if someone wants the mail slot on their V6....

The Mail slot is still just as non-functional on the LT verses the SS
Old 08-12-2010, 07:02 PM   #44
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by raqball View Post
How is that fake badging??? I can see if he put SS emblems on it but I see NO problem whatsoever if someone wants the mail slot on their V6....

It's a V8 specific look. Just like the SS lettering... you wouldn't put it on a V6. It serves no purpose anyway so I wouldn't be too concerned about it. Money could be well spent on something else.

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 07:03 PM   #45
proxemics

Drives: 09 shelby GT500
I say get a 1SS

2005 honda accord DD
2009 shelby GT500
1990 LS1 foxbody.Sold
1996 mustang GT.Sold
1994 corvette.Sold
2000 mustang.Sold
1987 camaro Z28.Sold
1985 Supra.Sold
2008 mustang GT.Sold
proxemics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:06 PM   #46
raqball

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Shields View Post
It's a V8 specific look. Just like the SS lettering... you wouldn't put it on a V6. It serves no purpose anyway so I wouldn't be too concerned about it. Money could be well spent on something else.
I agree... I think the mail slot is hideous.... But if someone wants it on their V6, why not???
raqball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:17 PM   #47
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Shields View Post
I know a lot of SS guys that want the v6 front. Do they get the same treatment?

I doubt it...
Old 08-12-2010, 08:25 PM   #48
d69chris
Florida C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
2SS is a must!

1SS and add in mods later to save up front if that helps.

Like they say on the Commercial, I could of had a V8

By 2015 you probably will not be able to get a V8. The ability to mod the LS motors is a +
Old 08-12-2010, 08:34 PM   #49
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Quote:
Originally Posted by d69chris View Post
2SS is a must!

1SS and add in mods later to save up front if that helps.

Like they say on the Commercial, I could of had a V8

By 2015 you probably will not be able to get a V8. The ability to mod the LS motors is a +
I disagree... like I said in another thread, I think V8's are going to be standard in place of the V6. Maybe not by 2015... but soon. It's the V6 I think we'll be seeing go before anything else. Either that or they'll throw me for a loop and go backwards as our streets get even more clogged up, and make V6 the high end standard and come out with smaller engines as a the base (leaving the V8 and above a high performance, very expensive addition).

But I like my V6 for what it is. I like the fact that I can upgrade, and I like that it wont cost me an arm and a leg.

Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
Old 08-12-2010, 09:28 PM   #50
KSCamaro

Drives: Still Looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3CamarosOnHand View Post
This is the 1ST thing HANDS DOWN people ask when they look at my car- so true. I think you'll regret not getting the SS. There is another guy going through this in the threads right now. He ended up going from the LT to the SS.

Also, please do not consider getting a LT and changing the front fascia- not fond of "fake badging"....if you like the mail slot get the SS. But test drive both. Ultimately, at your age get what you like, can afford, and what works for you.
It's not fake badging if you don't put an SS badge on it.
It's an external mod. If that's the look you want on a 2LT, go for it.
You'll get the look you want with better gas mileage, cheaper, etc.
KSCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 09:32 PM   #51
Baughman

Drives: Black 2SS/RS
I'm a little biased I supposed seeing as I already own a 2SS, but I wouldnt want it any other way. I was only 22 when I bought mine and don't regret one bit of it. Either package I think you'll enjoy, but the SS is mean as hell man.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:03 PM   #52
zbo2

Drives: 69 Z-28, 93 Pace Car
the gas mileage is more than just 3 to 4 bucks a tankfull.............you'll be filling the ss up more often and over 5 years it's gonna add up. i don't like the mailslot either...just my opinion. for a daily driver i think in the long haul the 2lt is gonna be the better car dollars and cents wise. however the wow factor goes up with the SS...no doubt about it. if i was gonna get a daily driver i'd get the 2lt.............if i wanted a weekend driver.............i'd get the 1SS or 2SS. really it's up to you. don't let anybody peer pressure you into something you don't need.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:35 AM   #53
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbo2 View Post
the gas mileage is more than just 3 to 4 bucks a tankfull.............you'll be filling the ss up more often and over 5 years it's gonna add up. i don't like the mailslot either...just my opinion. for a daily driver i think in the long haul the 2lt is gonna be the better car dollars and cents wise. however the wow factor goes up with the SS...no doubt about it. if i was gonna get a daily driver i'd get the 2lt.............if i wanted a weekend driver.............i'd get the 1SS or 2SS. really it's up to you. don't let anybody peer pressure you into something you don't need.
Yeah I find it funny that people forget that it wont be filled up once and that's it. It's over $3 everytime at the pumps and if it's a daily driver, you're probably looking at two fills a week (at least it would be in my area for what I'd need). Insurance, and everything else... it all adds up. The whole comparison war is such a pain in the butt. I'd love to own a V8, but not for what I need it to do. The OP needs to figure out what they need it for.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:49 AM   #54
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Smile 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Unique4U View Post
Just to make sure I understand this correctly.. You can get the SS mail slot on the hood and get the SS bumper on the V6 model through the dealer without getting a SS... If so... How does this process work and how much does it generally cost to swap out the bumper and the hood? I absolutely love the look of the SS, but I don't want to spend more money over time on tires, brakes, gas, and insurance with the SS when I could be putting sweet mods into the 2LT RS
If you can afford it get the 2SS , you will get more [{BANG} ]FOR THE BUCK ] and at 19 that's very important just be careful out there !!!
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:40 AM   #55
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
If you can afford it get the 2SS , you will get more [{BANG} ]FOR THE BUCK ] and at 19 that's very important just be careful out there !!!
Holy hell... you didn't use CAPS this time. I see you fixed the keyboard. As far as bang for the buck... yeah the car makes a louder bang when it hits the tree.

When I was 19 I wasn't concerned about how much bang a car had. I was actually more concerned about whether I'd ever survive my 4 year contract in the military. Soon after that, I was more concerned with whether or not I'd blow myself up on IED. That's a real concern.

Cars are fun, and many have meanings to specific people for specific reasons. But they should never be seen as a tool for speed or performance. Unless of course you're on the track.

That's what I gathered from your cryptic post, and I disagree. The V6 handles itself very well, and can be just as "bangy". So performance is really irrelevant. Both cars ARE Camaros. They both perform well on the road and track. With the right upgrades in a V6 you can rival a V8. Vice versa you can surpass a V6 with any mods if you mod a V8 right. Regardless... don't look at it in any sort of face value. Look further at what it can bring you. Weigh everything.

True story... I once told a couple co-workers that I'd NEVER drive a V6 Camaro. Told them, "What's the point?" Well, I grew up past the face value and actually sat down and weighed my options and the future of that vehicle with me in it. The V6 is everything I needed and more.

Old 08-13-2010, 02:03 AM   #56
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
honestly i wont buy a v6 camaro... the v8 is well worth it.... its not just 114 hp more.. its that v8 sound that makes heads turn...
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote