Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-03-2016, 01:59 PM   #15
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
if you're paying 3k per year for insurance you damn well better use it.
if they price you out with rate hikes, get a beater.
Old 04-03-2016, 02:00 PM   #16
KICKER

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS WHITE
Attached Images

Old 04-03-2016, 02:04 PM   #17
BRM

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
Re the rear damage: Why are you "waiting to hear from the other guys insurance". Call them every day, several times a day until they inspect your car and pay you. As a long time multi line insurance adjuster, I found this gets the job done.
Re the side 1/4 panel damage: Nice friend you have there and I hope you learned your lesson about loaning out your car
out to a "friend".
OK I called several time already not too long between. I was told they have not been able to reach the insured to get their part of the story. I mean I have a picture of their insurance card and photos of both cars in the accident, so what other proof is needed? I was told nothing can be done until then. This is why I've been waiting. But I'll trying calling everyday. As far as my friend, he was very apologetic about messing up my car. He's agreed to pay damages and I'm not really upset about it. Mistakes happened and I learned from them.
BRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 02:12 PM   #18
Ruebernard

Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
So, may I ask why your insurance company is having you chase after the other person's insurance? If a police report was filed and you have submitted this info to your insurance, shouldn't they be getting your car fixed and going after the other person's insurance. Hell, make them earn that 3K you're giving them!
Old 04-03-2016, 02:16 PM   #19
BRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruebernard View Post
So, may I ask why your insurance company is having you chase after the other person's insurance? If a police report was filed and you have submitted this info to your insurance, shouldn't they be getting your car fixed and going after the other person's insurance. Hell, make them earn that 3K you're giving them!
When the accident happened I tried to file a report. But the police officers told me he wasnt able to because he estimated the damage was under 1000 dollars or something like that. It didn't reach the minimum damage if that makes sense. He also suggested and several others that I go through the driver who hit me insurance so that's what I did. But not I'm thinking I should go through mine since it's been so long.
Old 04-03-2016, 02:18 PM   #20
68rssscamaro
Camaro: A Legend Reborn!!

Drives: SOLD: 12 2SS/RS LS3 45th
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRM View Post
When the accident happened I tried to file a report. But the police officers told me he wasnt able to because he estimated the damage was under 1000 dollars or something like that. It didn't reach the minimum damage if that makes sense. He also suggested and several others that I go through the driver who hit me insurance so that's what I did. But not I'm thinking I should go through mine since it's been so long.
No don't do that! You need to get on down there and demand it to be repaired. Especially if their insured rear ended you.

68rssscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 02:21 PM   #21
Ruebernard

Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
Sorry to hear no police report filed....That sucks big time. You pay handsomely for insurance, you should be using it. Why not call your agent and explain what happened? You have the other person's insurance info give it to your agent and see if they can do something. You should not have to be going through this. If they say too bad. I'd start looking for a new insurance company.
Old 04-03-2016, 02:28 PM   #22
Cyber10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
It's honestly hard to tell from pictures. Try scratching at everything with your nail, how much of the scratches have depth to them? Did the dents crack or chip the paint? Did any of the scratches go all the way down to the bare metal? All of this will factor into how much the repair will cost along with how far out the painter is wanting to go with the new paint.

If I had to throw out a number.....something around $400 maybe? Like I said though, depends on the shop and the materials they end up having to use. I would take it somewhere where they can look at the damage in person and have them give you a quote, it's just much easier to assess in person than via pictures.

edit: And concerning your "old damage", you should be able to give the other driver's information to your insurance company and they will deal with their insurance company for you. That's what they're there for.
Cyber10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 02:29 PM   #23
68rssscamaro
Camaro: A Legend Reborn!!

Drives: SOLD: 12 2SS/RS LS3 45th
You said you were quoted 1200$ for the rear damage, take that estimate, and a report from the police department, and if you do not have one go to the police, they must have something as most have to fill out some kind of report. Go to the other insurance company your self and show them the documentation. If the other driver is uninsured then you call your insurance company and explain to them what happened. As for the Qtr damage your friend should pay up for all the repairs out of pocket, and do not go through your insurance for it if you do not want a increase in your rate.

68rssscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 04:03 PM   #24
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRM View Post
The main problem with using your own insurance company is even if
a loss is not your fault, it still goes down as an occurrence. 3 or 4 claims
like: Hit while parked, Rear ended, Theft claim, etc, and you will find
you will be dropped when up for renewal or get a large rate increase.
It's always best to leave your own company out of a claim if you can.
Old 04-03-2016, 05:22 PM   #25
EWade

Drives: 2015 Camaro LS
ONLY a body shop can give you a real estimate on repairs, everyone else will be guessing.

Honestly, you got rear ended on the first incident. Do you have full coverage in the first place? If so then let your insurance take care of getting that damage fixed and they'll go after the other guys insurance.

On the one your buddy caused the damage, it should be all out of his pocket for the damage, I surely wouldn't let a buddy off for borrowing my car and hitting something in it. I wouldn't take that one through your insurance, if by chance you have any restrictions on who can drive your car, you could be dropped by the insurance company.
Old 04-03-2016, 07:44 PM   #26
deweyg63

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS 500+ h.p. monster
$1200 is cheap for a new rear quarter. Make sure it is a GM part. The cheaper body panels don't fit as well and will usually rust quicker. Have your friend pay the deductible. I replaced all 3 left side panels and totalled over $11,000. Freakin deer. The only good thing was no deductible for it
deweyg63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 09:02 PM   #27
BRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68rssscamaro View Post
No don't do that! You need to get on down there and demand it to be repaired. Especially if their insured rear ended you.
I will try this tomorrow morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruebernard View Post
Sorry to hear no police report filed....That sucks big time. You pay handsomely for insurance, you should be using it. Why not call your agent and explain what happened? You have the other person's insurance info give it to your agent and see if they can do something. You should not have to be going through this. If they say too bad. I'd start looking for a new insurance company.
I'll bring my insurance and pay the deductible if I cant get anything from the other insurance company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber10 View Post
It's honestly hard to tell from pictures. Try scratching at everything with your nail, how much of the scratches have depth to them? Did the dents crack or chip the paint? Did any of the scratches go all the way down to the bare metal? All of this will factor into how much the repair will cost along with how far out the painter is wanting to go with the new paint.

If I had to throw out a number.....something around $400 maybe? Like I said though, depends on the shop and the materials they end up having to use. I would take it somewhere where they can look at the damage in person and have them give you a quote, it's just much easier to assess in person than via pictures.

edit: And concerning your "old damage", you should be able to give the other driver's information to your insurance company and they will deal with their insurance company for you. That's what they're there for.
Yeah I did that, most of it was paint transfer and I feel a few scratches in the paint . I will get a true quote in the morning. Hopefully its not much

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68rssscamaro View Post
You said you were quoted 1200$ for the rear damage, take that estimate, and a report from the police department, and if you do not have one go to the police, they must have something as most have to fill out some kind of report. Go to the other insurance company your self and show them the documentation. If the other driver is uninsured then you call your insurance company and explain to them what happened. As for the Qtr damage your friend should pay up for all the repairs out of pocket, and do not go through your insurance for it if you do not want a increase in your rate.
I'll get a true quote in the morning. Hopefully its not sky high so I can get money the from my friend soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
The main problem with using your own insurance company is even if
a loss is not your fault, it still goes down as an occurrence. 3 or 4 claims
like: Hit while parked, Rear ended, Theft claim, etc, and you will find
you will be dropped when up for renewal or get a large rate increase.
It's always best to leave your own company out of a claim if you can.
Yeah that was the plan but the insured drivers insurance company are giving me the cold shoulder. I might have to get mine involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWade View Post
ONLY a body shop can give you a real estimate on repairs, everyone else will be guessing.

Honestly, you got rear ended on the first incident. Do you have full coverage in the first place? If so then let your insurance take care of getting that damage fixed and they'll go after the other guys insurance.

On the one your buddy caused the damage, it should be all out of his pocket for the damage, I surely wouldn't let a buddy off for borrowing my car and hitting something in it. I wouldn't take that one through your insurance, if by chance you have any restrictions on who can drive your car, you could be dropped by the insurance company.
Yes I have full coverage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deweyg63 View Post
$1200 is cheap for a new rear quarter. Make sure it is a GM part. The cheaper body panels don't fit as well and will usually rust quicker. Have your friend pay the deductible. I replaced all 3 left side panels and totalled over $11,000. Freakin deer. The only good thing was no deductible for it
Its not $1200 for the QPanel but $1200 to replace the (still damaged) bumper when I was rear ended a month before.
Old 04-06-2016, 06:51 PM   #28
fhrex

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS
When I was hit by another driver last month, I had my insurance company cover the repairs, then they went after the other guy, who was found at fault and ticketed. Got my deductible back, too.