Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 09:09 PM   #18383
Woo
O’Dark30

Drives: 2016 SS Black Panther
What Did You Do To Your Camaro Today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
Thanks, and no problem. It eventually led to my front end conversion.

Yes, the support rods that extend from the grill to the splitter. These things are a must on the SS and V6.

The splitter did match the Seibon, so any Seibon hood would be a good match to the APR. The fit of a Seibon is perfect too. Not sure of other brand hoods. You're going to pay around 1k for a Seibon.

As for the stock hood. You can do what I want to do and probably hang it on some wall of the house as a trophy or something...

Then, you can get some nice Yellow vinyl and wrap that baby any way you like... just another project for Bee!

Yea I'm looking on SouthernCarParts, they have a Seibon TS Style Carbon fiber hood that I like for $960, which ain't bad at all. Also seen a Vis racing one that I like. I will def wrap it, I found a seller (dgs-97) on eBay that does awesome work and have good ratings/reviews... I'm going to stick with the whole transformer theme but step it up a notch... just have to do it with taste and not go overboard haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-10-2017, 09:24 PM   #18384
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
VIS is said to be very good as well. I've got the Seibon TSII. Best 1k I've ever dropped at once on this ride.
Attached Images

Old 01-10-2017, 10:40 PM   #18385
Texas_RS

Drives: 2013 1LE/SS
Received my R1 Concepts Premium Slotted and Dimpled Rotors and Hawk HPS pads today, will be installing tomorrow!
Attached Images

Current mods: Stainless Power Long Tube Headers,Cat Delete,CAI Cold Air Intake,Vitesse throttle controller, Muffler/Resonator Delete w/dual tips. ADM Performance Tuned,BMR 1.25 lowering springs,R1 Concept Slotted/Dimpled Rotors.

Last edited by Texas_RS; 01-10-2017 at 10:55 PM.
Old 01-10-2017, 10:41 PM   #18386
Woo
O’Dark30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_RS View Post
Received my R1 Premium Slotted and Dimpled Rotors and Hawk HPS pads today, will be installing tomorrow!

Sweeet!!

Old 01-10-2017, 10:43 PM   #18387
Woo
O’Dark30

Quote:
VIS is said to be very good as well. I've got the Seibon TSII. Best 1k I've ever dropped at once on this ride.

That's killer bro, I'm definitely considering that one but the Vis one looks awesome also......

Last edited by Woo; 01-10-2017 at 11:18 PM.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:41 AM   #18388
Spec
Account Suspended

That VIS one looks awesome! Whichever way you go, Seibon or VIS, its going to be a win for sure.

Drove it to work today in the rain. New tires so no longer in fear of sliding around with them worn out NT05's. The NT555 G2's are much better for the rain.
Attached Images

Old 01-11-2017, 12:00 PM   #18389
chuckie669

Drives: 2011 ss
Looks good. Did you have it cleared before install? Does it waver at all on hwy speeds without the hood pins.
Old 01-11-2017, 12:22 PM   #18390
Spec
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
Looks good. Did you have it cleared before install? Does it waver at all on hwy speeds without the hood pins.
If you're referring to the hood. No, when I was originally looking into this I spoke with both OHIO Speed and SEIBON on whether the hood was clear-coated, or gel. They both told me it was a clear-coat. Its been on for a good 1+yrs now and its showing NO signs of fading or solar damage.

Also, it came with a hard plastic liner, along with the latch already installed. It was basically like installing the stock hood back on. It doesn't shift, vibrate, or anything of the sort at speed. I've been thinking about the hood pins, but simply for cosmetic purposes only.
Old 01-11-2017, 12:30 PM   #18391
Woo
O’Dark30

Quote:
That VIS one looks awesome! Whichever way you go, Seibon or VIS, its going to be a win for sure.

Drove it to work today in the rain. New tires so no longer in fear of sliding around with them worn out NT05's. The NT555 G2's are much better for the rain.

I figured both would be a win either way also.... I have the Pirelli Zero all season Plus and they hold pretty well. I don't drive it when the weather is not to my liking so I don't know why I let them put all seasons on smh. I should invest in some high performance tires to really have some fun haha.
Oh and did you change out your door handles or did they come that way, if so where did you order them from?

Old 01-11-2017, 12:37 PM   #18392
Spec
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woo View Post
I figured both would be a win either way also.... I have the Pirelli Zero all season Plus and they hold pretty well. I don't drive it when the weather is not to my liking so I don't know why I let them put all seasons on smh. I should invest in some high performance tires to really have some fun haha.
Oh and did you change out your door handles or did they come that way, if so where did you order them from?

I did change them out myself. Got them from phastekperformance.com. A bit pricey for door handles, but they are well made and heavy - feels like cast iron. Easiest mod to install to date.

http://www.phastekperformance.com/se...h=door+handles
Old 01-11-2017, 12:48 PM   #18393
ndnashlenz

Drives: 2019 1SS Crush, 2017 Corolla White
i looked at and went back inside lol
Old 01-11-2017, 01:30 PM   #18394
Woo
O’Dark30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndnashlenz View Post
i looked at and went back inside lol

Hahaha

Old 01-11-2017, 01:32 PM   #18395
Woo
O’Dark30

Quote:
I did change them out myself. Got them from phastekperformance.com. A bit pricey for door handles, but they are well made and heavy - feels like cast iron. Easiest mod to install to date.

http://www.phastekperformance.com/se...h=door+handles

Yea those are a bit pricey haha...

Old 01-11-2017, 01:41 PM   #18396
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Bought mine a new Sister...
Attached Images

Closed Thread