Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-27-2017, 03:00 PM   #99
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopterman View Post
2014-15 SS don't have a mail slot.
Yep. Mine don't.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 03:58 PM   #100
Bulldog3071

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
ZL1 Fascia has no mail slot... was the front end converted on that SS?

No was defiantly not a ZL1 I was in fact a 2010 model

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Lakewood Strut Tower Brace, JBA Shorty Headers, JBA 8 MM Wires, Airaid TB Spacer, Phastek CAI Scoop, Washer Bottle Relocation Kit, Stainlees Steel Brake Lines, Brake Performance Slotted and Drilled Rotors, BMR Tunnel Brace, BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Subframe Connectors, Borla ATAK Muffelers, Z28 Wickerbill Spoiler, VTC, Bow Tie Delete, BMR Adjustable Front Swaybar, BMR End Link Kit, BMR Extreme Rear Anti-Roll Kit, Diablo I1000 "InTune"
Bulldog3071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 07:00 PM   #101
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
I am ok with adopting elements of another model just as long as your not claiming to be something your not, AKA fake badges. I have a z/28 intake but don't put a z/28 badge on it. have knock off ZL1 rims but don't Dare put a ZL1 badge on it. IMO of course

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 08:41 PM   #102
SatSky08

Drives: '08 Saturn Sky, '14 2LT Convertible
I wouldn't do it, but whatever the other guy wants to do with his/her car, I don't care.

When I was in college I knew a kid who had a '64 Tempest. He put a GTO hood on it and it really looked nice. (Don't recall if he put GTO badges on it or not.) He got some interesting responses, e.g., "How did you get a GTO with a bench seat???"
Old 01-27-2017, 09:44 PM   #103
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
All's fair in whatever gets you clam juice... But most chicks don't know the difference in badging so it's wasted effort....

One thing they DO understand.... is chrome wheels. If you have ANYTHING (yeah forged is worthless, they could care less) other than chrome on your wheels, you are not reaching your full potential.

And let's be honest here. You own a Camaro because chicks dig it. Your dick seems just a bit longer in a Camaro.

If she knows the difference between an LS and a 2SS and a LE1, I can almost guarantee you she comes with a strap-on. Better lube up.

Ok carry on......
Old 01-27-2017, 10:00 PM   #104
KICKER

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS WHITE
Old 01-27-2017, 10:43 PM   #105
prod

Drives: HHR
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaf View Post
I am ok with adopting elements of another model just as long as your not claiming to be something your not, AKA fake badges. I have a z/28 intake but don't put a z/28 badge on it. have knock off ZL1 rims but don't Dare put a ZL1 badge on it. IMO of course
#1 mod for me would be ZL1 front end, but no badging. I just like the look, updates the whole car IMO.
prod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 08:00 AM   #106
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleroad View Post
I don't care if you put a Lamborghini badge on your yugo! Why should I care? Why should it bother me? It doesn't make my Lamborghini any less of one. I don't get people getting pissed off over decals. They only time it matter is if it is being sold. The person needs to be upfront about what it is.
So why doesn't he have to be upfront about what his car is all the time? Why the need to pretend for anybody, including himself?

Norm
Old 01-28-2017, 08:45 AM   #107
lownslowss
PaPa Smurf

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog3071 View Post
Saw a Camaro the other day driving had SS badges on front and back but no mail slot??? had to laugh a little.

I have a v6 rs bumper cover on my SS. Has the ss badges on the rear and in the grill. Wonder if this was me? Car is currently pushing over 500whp. I'm thinking of stripping the badges. Can't tell it's a h/c/I car unless it's running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-28-2017, 09:11 AM   #108
Jfoster

Drives: 2016 GT vert.
It matters, it's a character issue or lack of.
Jfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 10:35 AM   #109
justjoshin

Drives: 2010 SW 1SS L99 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by lownslowss View Post
I have a v6 rs bumper cover on my SS. Has the ss badges on the rear and in the grill. Wonder if this was me? Car is currently pushing over 500whp. I'm thinking of stripping the badges. Can't tell it's a h/c/I car unless it's running.

Why did you swap?
Old 01-28-2017, 11:03 AM   #110
lownslowss
PaPa Smurf

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjoshin View Post
Why did you swap?

Got rid of the mail slot. A little bit of a sleeper I suppose. Did that and lowered it 1.5" all around.

Old 01-28-2017, 03:19 PM   #111
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Drives: 14'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty Ice View Post
I wanted to change my white SS to a red one on my 1le to match the color of the brake calipers, couldn't bring myself to do it. Although the general public would never know, I knew wouldn't be able to look an RS owner in the eye. I could just picture going to the grocery store in my shiny 1le and then have some 2LT/RS owner walk over to me to say "That's a 1le?, nice..." and he stops mid sentence as he sees the red SS knowing my car is not an RS and then just walks away shaking his head. Didn't want to be that guy, I have what I have, own it. True American car enthusiasts have been swapping parts ever since America has been making cars. Just can't misrepresent, one can add or use different era badges, combine them together for a hybrid or something, but don't be that guy perpetrating.
A-****ing-men! Good for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post

And let's be honest here. You own a Camaro because chicks dig it. Your dick seems just a bit longer in a Camaro.
Sounds like a personal problem... lol
Old 01-28-2017, 05:55 PM   #112
jc615
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro and Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaf View Post
You mean like the ya who call their cars 1leSSzl1z28LLT because it's a v6 with 1le rear suspension, SS brakes, zl1 wheels, and z28 intake
jc615 is offline   Reply With Quote