Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-02-2016, 10:52 PM   #1
BRM

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT
Quarter Panel Accident, need a Quote

Hey guys, long time lurker and I only recently bought my Camaro 4 months ago. I'm just wondering if I could get a reasonable quote from someone who has been in my shoes. This happened last night. Here goes

Edit: I also wanted to mention that I was rear end at a red stop light about a month ago (not my fault) but the damage is STILL there and has not been repaired. I'm still waiting to here from their insurance. I'm not sure how I should proceed with the new damage and the "old" damage from the accident.
Attached Images

Last edited by BRM; 04-02-2016 at 11:48 PM.
BRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 04:52 AM   #2
Dave@Sturgiscamarorally

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS
Damn that sucks. insurance will do both as separate claims, but should be able to get both done at same time. Unfortunately you will it will be 2 deductibles. First one should be paid by the insurance company of person that hit you and well depending if it was you or someone else will have to cover the other.

Did someone hit you or did you hit something? Police report? Are you going through insurance to fix the latest damage?

As long as the body shop have a good PDR guy they should be able to fix, down side is it will need to be painted all the way to the windshield.
Old 04-03-2016, 05:56 AM   #3
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
You shouldn't have to pay two deductibles. The first one you already stated wasn't your fault so their insurance should cover everything, unless it was one of those "state minimum coverage" companies, then hopefully the damage is less than the state minimum coverage. If the second one still wasn't your fault you still wouldn't have to pay your deductible, the other person's insurance will cover it. However, if you are sick and tired of waiting on the other guy's insurance you could file a claim with your insurance company, here you would be liable for a deductible or two, and let them go after the other insurance company. You would very likely get your deductible back, but you would be out of pocket up front on some cost.

As far as your question about getting it repaired, I'd guess somewhere in the neighborhood of $500-$1,000. Maybe $1,500 if you get an expensive body shop. I'm no expert, but from work I've had done on vehicles that seems to be about par for something like that.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 06:00 AM   #4
68rssscamaro
Camaro: A Legend Reborn!!

Drives: SOLD: 12 2SS/RS LS3 45th
Sorry about your mishap. Pay out of pocket if you can afford to, otherwise your rates will go sky high. The damage don't look too bad to me, not sure on how the rear looks. Get some estimates, tell the body shop you are considering to pay out of pocket.

Last edited by 68rssscamaro; 04-03-2016 at 06:12 AM.
68rssscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 08:07 AM   #5
0331Marine

Drives: 2012 SS/RS MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68rssscamaro View Post
Sorry about your mishap. Pay out of pocket if you can afford to, otherwise your rates will go sky high. The damage don't look too bad to me, not sure on how the rear looks. Get some estimates, tell the body shop you are considering to pay out of pocket.
If he isn't at fault they wont go up(unless your insurance is jacked up)

It can take awhile for the other parties insurance to pay. Best options is to pay your deductible, get the car fixed, and wait for your insurance to get your deductible back. Just understand that it can take months depending on your insurance and the other parties insurance. Especially if the report doesn't state which driver was at fault. The default here in GA is the driver listed as Driver #1 is the at fault driver. It can take a little longer if there is any question and the claim goes into arbitration.

Best of luck to you.
0331Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 08:11 AM   #6
68rssscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0331Marine View Post
If he isn't at fault they wont go up(unless your insurance is jacked up)

It can take awhile for the other parties insurance to pay. Best options is to pay your deductible, get the car fixed, and wait for your insurance to get your deductible back. Just understand that it can take months depending on your insurance and the other parties insurance. Especially if the report doesn't state which driver was at fault. The default here in GA is the driver listed as Driver #1 is the at fault driver. It can take a little longer if there is any question and the claim goes into arbitration.

Best of luck to you.
Well, it must vary state to state. Mine goes up whenever you place a claim on your own policy, including windshield replacements, that"s right-glass. Come to NY its fun here!

Forgot to add..I had a snowmobile on my policy and was in an accident with that and put a claim through, still paying a higher rate due to that also, and I was cited for reckless driving and speed. Must be cops hiding in the woods now...No longer ride a sled here in NY.
Was rear ended 3 yrs ago and even though it was the other persons fault they still raised my rate when going through the person's insurance.

Old 04-03-2016, 08:15 AM   #7
0331Marine

Drives: 2012 SS/RS MN6
Quote:
Well, it must vary state to state. Mine goes up whenever you place a claim on your own policy, including windshield replacements, that"s right-glass. Come to NY its fun here!
I know home owners is like that here in GA, but I've never had my insurance go up because someone hit my vehicle. Most of the time I will pay out of pocket for windshields, I could see it going up for that. Buddy of mine at work used to be a Geico claims adjuster in NY, said he was non stop all the time.
0331Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 08:18 AM   #8
68rssscamaro

Money hungry state here...Looking to move out of here in a few years. Have family in Dacula, and Flowery Branch.

Anyway, back to thread. OP if your younger and have a high rate to begin with I would consider paying out of pocket.

Old 04-03-2016, 08:20 AM   #9
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
"ASK not what you can do for your country but what it can do for you"....Democratic current Quote from their Liberal media driven Hollywood's dream campaign to turn America Ungreat again and they are doing so well. Was it Hillary or Bernie, and was it on a Obama phone? its all a nauseous haze....but hey you asked for a quote.....
Old 04-03-2016, 08:22 AM   #10
BRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave@Sturgiscamarorally View Post
Damn that sucks. insurance will do both as separate claims, but should be able to get both done at same time. Unfortunately you will it will be 2 deductibles. First one should be paid by the insurance company of person that hit you and well depending if it was you or someone else will have to cover the other.

Did someone hit you or did you hit something? Police report? Are you going through insurance to fix the latest damage?

As long as the body shop have a good PDR guy they should be able to fix, down side is it will need to be painted all the way to the windshield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
You shouldn't have to pay two deductibles. The first one you already stated wasn't your fault so their insurance should cover everything, unless it was one of those "state minimum coverage" companies, then hopefully the damage is less than the state minimum coverage. If the second one still wasn't your fault you still wouldn't have to pay your deductible, the other person's insurance will cover it. However, if you are sick and tired of waiting on the other guy's insurance you could file a claim with your insurance company, here you would be liable for a deductible or two, and let them go after the other insurance company. You would very likely get your deductible back, but you would be out of pocket up front on some cost.

As far as your question about getting it repaired, I'd guess somewhere in the neighborhood of $500-$1,000. Maybe $1,500 if you get an expensive body shop. I'm no expert, but from work I've had done on vehicles that seems to be about par for something like that.
Quote:
Thanks for the response guys. Okay, here is the backstory. I did not cause the new damage to my car either. I loaned a friend I've known for 8 years my car and this was the result. He grazed one of those yellow poles that stick out the ground when he was pulling away from a complete stop. I was hoping the new damage would not be too expensive so that he could pay out of pocket and not get the insurance involved.

When I was rear ended a month ago, I was told the entire rear panel would need to be replaced because it has really deep cracks and dents and would be very difficult to have the end reshaped good as new... I was quoted $1200 for that. But like pyroguy mentioned, I'm tired of waiting to hear from the other guys insurance who rear ended me. I'm thinking of just calling my insurance and paying a deductible for that rear damage and hope I get that back, then i'll have my friend pay the 2nd deductible or out of pocket for the new damage. Whichever is cheaper for him. I have full coverage BTW. I'm 22 years old and pay $260 a month insurance.
Old 04-03-2016, 08:28 AM   #11
68rssscamaro

"I'm 22 years old and pay $260 a month insurance"-YIKES!

Call your insurance and see what they can do for you. You may not have to pay 2 deductibles.

Old 04-03-2016, 01:05 PM   #12
BRM

Quote:
"I'm 22 years old and pay $260 a month insurance"-YIKES!

Call your insurance and see what they can do for you. You may not have to pay 2 deductibles.
I don't think that's too bad considering this is my first car I've owned and I just got my license 2 months prior
Old 04-03-2016, 01:26 PM   #13
68rssscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRM View Post
I don't think that's too bad considering this is my first car I've owned and I just got my license 2 months prior
Right, been there but that was many years ago. I just have to realize how everything has gone up in price. In other words I am old..

Old 04-03-2016, 01:44 PM   #14
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRM View Post
Thanks for the response guys. Okay, here is the backstory. I did not cause the new damage to my car either. I loaned a friend I've known for 8 years my car and this was the result. He grazed one of those yellow poles that stick out the ground when he was pulling away from a complete stop. I was hoping the new damage would not be too expensive so that he could pay out of pocket and not get the insurance involved.

When I was rear ended a month ago, I was told the entire rear panel would need to be replaced because it has really deep cracks and dents and would be very difficult to have the end reshaped good as new... I was quoted $1200 for that. But like pyroguy mentioned, I'm tired of waiting to hear from the other guys insurance who rear ended me. I'm thinking of just calling my insurance and paying a deductible for that rear damage and hope I get that back, then i'll have my friend pay the 2nd deductible or out of pocket for the new damage. Whichever is cheaper for him. I have full coverage BTW. I'm 22 years old and pay $260 a month insurance.
Re the rear damage: Why are you "waiting to hear from the other guys insurance". Call them every day, several times a day until they inspect your car and pay you. As a long time multi line insurance adjuster, I found this gets the job done.
Re the side 1/4 panel damage: Nice friend you have there and I hope you learned your lesson about loaning out your car
out to a "friend".