Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-11-2023, 08:01 AM   #15
Oxtar41

Drives: 700 rwhp 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetfield03 View Post
Well unfortunately the only code that was completely cleared has come back. Now its showing both 420 and 430. 430 was gone for a couple of weeks.
get 2 extenders and send it!
Old 04-11-2023, 09:35 PM   #16
Hetfield03

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black/IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxtar41 View Post
Sounds like a plan! A much cheaper plan. Lol.
ZL1 Factory Reproduction Wheels, Airaid CAI, MRT V 2.0 Axle Back Installed by PIE Customs, Painted IOM Rally Stripes, Bowties by Danny Taylor Louisville KY, IOM Engine Cover and Fusebox Cover by River City Creations and Lighting San Antonio TX.
Hetfield03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 05:09 PM   #17
Hetfield03

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black/IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxtar41 View Post
Been waiting for my friend to get back in town to do this for me still as he has the tools, the garage space etc. Meanwhile, been getting the same 420 code and occasionally 430. But today, when I started it, it ran rough at first. I scanned for codes and got a 303 misfire.

The whole point of the garage checking my coil packs and replacing my plugs was to get rid of the misfire codes. Is this possibly still part of the 420-430 problem? Because I'm worried about driving it on a misfire.
ZL1 Factory Reproduction Wheels, Airaid CAI, MRT V 2.0 Axle Back Installed by PIE Customs, Painted IOM Rally Stripes, Bowties by Danny Taylor Louisville KY, IOM Engine Cover and Fusebox Cover by River City Creations and Lighting San Antonio TX.
Hetfield03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 07:43 AM   #18
Oxtar41

Drives: 700 rwhp 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetfield03 View Post
Been waiting for my friend to get back in town to do this for me still as he has the tools, the garage space etc. Meanwhile, been getting the same 420 code and occasionally 430. But today, when I started it, it ran rough at first. I scanned for codes and got a 303 misfire.

The whole point of the garage checking my coil packs and replacing my plugs was to get rid of the misfire codes. Is this possibly still part of the 420-430 problem? Because I'm worried about driving it on a misfire.
It's very possible if the cats are that plugged, however poor drivability and a misfire generally only happens after the cats and car are warmed up after a few miles of driving, Typically not after a first start up. There's many things that can cause a misfire. I'd clear the code and drive it and see if it comes back. If it does then start diagnosing, swap plugs with a different cylinder, if no change, swap coils. If still no change you could swap injectors, if its still on that specific cylinder then its time to start testing for injector pulse, compression, etc until you narrow it down.