Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-21-2021, 01:35 PM   #1
Armyavi8r

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS A6
Maestro iDatalink Install

I'll be installing the iDatalink Maestro Cam1 kit (w/ RR) and a Pioneer DMH-W4600 head and adding a back up camera as well (on my 2010 2SS/RS). I've read a few threads on the topic; seems like Kenwood is the more common head for this system. Anyone have experience with this or similar setup? Any issues with the installation? Thanks!
2010 2SS/RS A6. GPI SS3 VVT Cam, 228/246 / AFM Delete / Circle D 4C 36-3800 Stall / Stainless Works LTHs, High Flow Cats, X-pipe, Borla Pro XS Mufflers and Quad Tips / Vararam CAI / Soler 95mm PTB / AAM 3.91 gear / GPI Ported Heads / GPI Ported Rod Mod Intake Manifold/ Smith Bros. Trunnions / GPI 5/16" hardened push rods, 7.425"/ Chevrolet Racing Lifters / Melling 10355 Oil Pump / Powermaster XS Torque Starter / Derale Xmsn Cooler / 1LE Suspension Upgrade System / BMR Strut Tower Brace, Trailing Arms and Toe Rods / Powerbond 25% UDP / Mishimoto catch can / iDatalink Maestro.

Last edited by Armyavi8r; 11-08-2021 at 10:52 PM.
Armyavi8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 02:26 PM   #2
Army of Wuzzy

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyavi8r View Post
I'll be installing the Maestro iDatalink Cam1 kit (w/ RR) and a Pioneer DMH-W4600 head and adding a back up camera as well (on my 2010 2SS/RS). I've read a few threads on the topic; seems like Kenwood is the more common head for this system. Anyone have experience with this or similar setup? Any issues with the installation? Thanks!
Did this install during last summer. Went smooth overall. Their customer support is great. I had a weird power issue and they told me how to correct it easily. I used a Kenwood DDX396. I'd suggest doing the RR2 instead of the RR so you can reprogram via bluetooth and avoid having to remove the entire system to change things

"If you aren't first, you're last"
-Ricky Bobby
Army of Wuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 10:30 AM   #3
whoanelli

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
Check out my post under the audio section. Very pleased with my choices and options. I went with a Kenwood DNR876s.
whoanelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 02:00 AM   #4
Sin City Camaro

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro 2LT w/RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoanelli View Post
Check out my post under the audio section. Very pleased with my choices and options. I went with a Kenwood DNR876s.
Nice work. I went with a DNX697 myself, plus a Kenwood dash cam. What a world of difference over the MyLink. Only thing I lost in the deal was the console USB.
Sin City Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 02:42 AM   #5
TheBrightSide

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS coupe (MT)
Did you ever have any issue with the lock/unlock button on the head unit not working? I have a Kenwood DMX709S head unit, and the touch screen controls for the heated seats and rear windshield defroster also don't work as well. The key fob lock and unlock buttons (separate) still work.

Also note that the door unlock/lock button on the center of the head unit, seems to only work when the door is opened and it briefly gives power. After the dome light goes off (if set to door open/close), the lock/unlock center console button no longer has power; that is, unless you either turn the key in the ignition, hit the locks on the key fob, or open the door.

I tried checking all the fuses and relays, which are good and mainly in the engine bay fuse box. I even checked the 2nd fuse box that's in the driver side of the dash, on the side of the fan vent; nothing. I didn't bother going to the 3rd fuse "box" located in the trunk, under the carpet and mats, since I think there's nothing related there, not to mention it requires the trunk panels to be removed....

iMaestro dash kit buttons not working
TheBrightSide is offline   Reply With Quote