Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-10-2009, 05:00 PM   #127
FI4T0MCAT

Drives: 1969 SS Camaro
Dieseldave, (nice avatar ) We appreciate your kind here. If your just here to show your appreciation for the car, and provide useful insite then i gladly welcome you here. But this was more aimed at all of the other non camaro users that must come onto our forum and let us know how bad our car sucks, and how much better, cooler, faster, etc. their cars, (or ones they wished they had) are.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:02 PM   #128
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldave24v View Post
Well I own a SRT Challenger. I love it, and I made the right choice and got the car I wanted, but I will tell you that I have a ton of respect for the Camaros. I think there great cars and I am happy for those of you that like them. I am a Moderator on a Challenger forum and I dont stand for and trashing of the Camaro....Maybe the Mustang from time to time...lol I run a more mature forum...Hell we just hit 3K members the other day, so it is much smaller than this forum. I am truly upset that a few idiots have started to give us a bad reputation in the BowTie comunity. You can bench race the two cars all day long, but the bottom line is that we have 4 Camaro SS's here in town that I am aware of. We have raced at the track several times. The winner is who ever gets the better launch. I dont care what motortrend, auto week....ect says. There is one Challenger forum in particular that has a bunch of idiot fan boys...That is not my forum. I go on Challenger cruises all the time and would love to link up and cruise with you guys as well. Its all American muscle anyways right
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:07 PM   #129
dieseldave24v
PowerStroke this Ford boy

Drives: Like Don Garlits "Big Daddy"
Quote:
Originally Posted by FI4T0MCAT View Post
Dieseldave, (nice avatar ) We appreciate your kind here. If your just here to show your appreciation for the car, and provide useful insite then i gladly welcome you here. But this was more aimed at all of the other non camaro users that must come onto our forum and let us know how bad our car sucks, and how much better, cooler, faster, etc. their cars, (or ones they wished they had) are.
I hear ya...I have been a member here for about a year, and while I ussually dont post anymore "Very busy moderating my forum" I always check in to see what is going on. I am 27 years old, but most Challenger owners that I talk to are very mature and in there 40's or 50's. The point I am making is that I find it hard to believe that a 40-50 year old man would make a account to come over and talk trash. I would put my money on a 16 year old snott nosed kid that drives his moms minivan around are making these types of post. Hell I even had a Camaro on order, then I saw one and decided it was not for me. Nothing wrong with it I think its a great car, just wansnt my taste.

Hey big man let me hold a dollar
dieseldave24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:12 PM   #130
dieseldave24v

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodscamaro View Post
I was banned from posting on challengertalk because I posted a thread about how much I liked the new camaro. I was a member there for 6 months and had an order in for a new challenger when I realized how much I really liked the camaro over the challenger( So I cancelled the order). I realized that bringing that up with the challenger guys might seem wrong but I didn't rub it in, I just said I'm thinking of buying a Camaro and they banned me. Over the time that I had spent on that site I realized that they are actually a bunch of ass **les. Most of them think they have the best cars on the road and all the other muscle cars look like shit. Wait till I get my camaro and see a challenger on the road, its game on If you think I'm making this up, go over to that website check it out, every post concerning the camaro is a complete slam on the car. No Respect!!!!

I'm looking forward to enjoying my Camaro and spending my time on a quality website, like this one. Also it's going to look better parking my camaro in the garage next to my 07' Tahoe LTZ

This is exactly what I said:

I've decided after doing some research and canceling my order for an R/T challenger that it makes sense to go with the Camaro. I saw the camaro in person and I think it looks awsome. It also offers a lot more for the money which is a huge factor with the ever shrinking dollar. I'm very excited about it. We'll see you at the track my friends No hard feelings!!
I would invite you to come and have a look at my forum. The one you mention sucks to say the least...Mostly kids that cant afford a car anyways. As a moderator on another forum my intent is not to take anyone away from Camaro5, but I would invite you to come see we are not the group of a-holes some have seem to made us out to be. PM me if you want the forum adress as I wouldnt apreciate one of my members posting a link to another forum

Old 08-10-2009, 05:16 PM   #131
FI4T0MCAT

Quote:
I hear ya...I have been a member here for about a year, and while I ussually dont post anymore "Very busy moderating my forum" I always check in to see what is going on. I am 27 years old, but most Challenger owners that I talk to are very mature and in there 40's or 50's. The point I am making is that I find it hard to believe that a 40-50 year old man would make a account to come over and talk trash. I would put my money on a 16 year old snott nosed kid that drives his moms minivan around are making these types of post. Hell I even had a Camaro on order, then I saw one and decided it was not for me. Nothing wrong with it I think its a great car, just wansnt my taste.
I agree with you completely, I think most of the people making these posts are the younger kids that have little to no experience with cars other than what their friends tell them. I love the challenger, and we almost bought one until we heard the Camaro was really going to happen. As you can see from my sig, Camaros run through my blood.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:17 PM   #132
Kamaro4437

Drives: 2 64 1/2 coupes and 66 fastbac
Hell you guys are layed back here. Its not the car whether it be Ford, Chevy, Mopar, etc that is bad you have to remember its the owner with the attititude that generally gives the car a bad name. Hell i own 2 641/2 Mustang coupes and a 66 fastback. But i dont have anything against Chevrolet just because of that. For instance this is just basic facts true im a ford guy but when you put the mustang beside the Camaro this year its just the better car hands down in style performance, price (considering what you are getting for your money.) Its just a smarter better and sexier buy this year. So thats the car we ordered for my wife an SS. Dont think i wont play with it or be ashamed to be seen in it. Hell the car is one of the best styles to come out in years. I live by this (Its not the car you hate, its the asshole driving it that makes you want to hate it!) lol
Kamaro4437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:18 PM   #133
nasty2ss

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss IOM
Quote:
Well I own a SRT Challenger. I love it, and I made the right choice and got the car I wanted, but I will tell you that I have a ton of respect for the Camaros. I think there great cars and I am happy for those of you that like them. I am a Moderator on a Challenger forum and I dont stand for and trashing of the Camaro....Maybe the Mustang from time to time...lol I run a more mature forum...Hell we just hit 3K members the other day, so it is much smaller than this forum. I am truly upset that a few idiots have started to give us a bad reputation in the BowTie comunity. You can bench race the two cars all day long, but the bottom line is that we have 4 Camaro SS's here in town that I am aware of. We have raced at the track several times. The winner is who ever gets the better launch. I dont care what motortrend, auto week....ect says. There is one Challenger forum in particular that has a bunch of idiot fan boys...That is not my forum. I go on Challenger cruises all the time and would love to link up and cruise with you guys as well. Its all American muscle anyways right
Its all about good old American muscle
nasty2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:24 PM   #134
FI4T0MCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaro4437 View Post
Hell you guys are layed back here. Its not the car whether it be Ford, Chevy, Mopar, etc that is bad you have to remember its the owner with the attititude that generally gives the car a bad name. Hell i own 2 641/2 Mustang coupes and a 66 fastback. But i dont have anything against Chevrolet just because of that. For instance this is just basic facts true im a ford guy but when you put the mustang beside the Camaro this year its just the better car hands down in style performance, price (considering what you are getting for your money.) Its just a smarter better and sexier buy this year. So thats the car we ordered for my wife an SS. Dont think i wont play with it or be ashamed to be seen in it. Hell the car is one of the best styles to come out in years. I live by this (Its not the car you hate, its the asshole driving it that makes you want to hate it!) lol
So true man, I used to own a 66 mustang, and have always liked mustangs but its totally the people behind the wheel that ruin the car for me.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:25 PM   #135
dieseldave24v

Quote:
Originally Posted by FI4T0MCAT View Post
I agree with you completely, I think most of the people making these posts are the younger kids that have little to no experience with cars other than what their friends tell them. I love the challenger, and we almost bought one until we heard the Camaro was really going to happen. As you can see from my sig, Camaros run through my blood.
Yes you do have a nice collection....BTW I love that big bad Cummins!

Old 08-10-2009, 05:30 PM   #136
FI4T0MCAT

Thanks, she is, and always will be my favorite. I was born a truck guy, and trucks will always be my first love. That beast makes 636 hp and runs the 1/4 in 13.2 Camaros were always like a mistress to me, because my dad was a ford guy, and god forbid you park a chevy in his driveway. So i guess my collection is my rebellion for years of GM opression.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:59 PM   #137
dieseldave24v

lol...I have 300 hp rv injectors, 4 in pipe, Edge comp box, smarty tuner and a fass fuel system....Never had it on the dyno, but for a truck she runs

Old 08-10-2009, 09:30 PM   #138
Red Hot SS

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 2SS/RS M6
Dont get me wrong dieseldave...I love the challenger

If the Camaro wasnt back, there would be an SRT in my driveway, gauranteed. Generally, the SRT dudes on here are awesome; they give their opinions and credit where it is due. I respect them for their mannerisms as well as their awesome cars.

The 'Stang boys though...They as a whole (not all of them) seriously are just trolls on this site. Ford Ford Ford, the Camaro sucks, GM is bankrupt, GM sucks. It just gets annoying. They defend the car WAAYYY too harshly on a camaro site IMO. Even though I hate mustangs, I would not mind the people on here at all if they acted like the SRT guys. As previously stated, find a basher, check his posts, an ALL they do is talk about their mustang. I hate it...

EDIT: To dieseldave: NC isn't far from me in VA, if your boys ever decide to do a challenger cruise, I could get some people with their 'Maros and join forces. now THAT would be awesome...

VIN: 2G1FT1EW8A9118043
Finally Home! (6/16)
Red Hot SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:35 PM   #139
FI4T0MCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Hot SS View Post
Dont get me wrong dieseldave...I love the challenger

If the Camaro wasnt back, there would be an SRT in my driveway, gauranteed. Generally, the SRT dudes on here are awesome; they give their opinions and credit where it is due. I respect them for their mannerisms as well as their awesome cars.

The 'Stang boys though...They as a whole (not all of them) seriously are just trolls on this site. Ford Ford Ford, the Camaro sucks, GM is bankrupt, GM sucks. It just gets annoying. They defend the car WAAYYY too harshly on a camaro site IMO. Even though I hate mustangs, I would not mind the people on here at all if they acted like the SRT guys. As previously stated, find a basher, check his posts, an ALL they do is talk about their mustang. I hate it...

EDIT: To dieseldave: NC isn't far from me in VA, if your boys ever decide to do a challenger cruise, I could get some people with their 'Maros and join forces. now THAT would be awesome...

agree 100% on everything stated there.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:52 PM   #140
KamaroKirb
Hell's janitor

Drives: 1995 Z28 camaro
Now thats just a shame, cuase i just saw the stang guys on here getting a little rowdy in one thread, and nobody really cared too much. Are we too nice, or are we just better than the other communities.