Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 11-13-2015, 08:17 PM   #1
clashley1976

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS M6
Weird HVAC problem

Had a weird little issue today. Went to start up the car this morning to go to work, and noticed it was a little slower to turn over, but it started OK. Got about a mile down the road and noticed a persistent "tick... tick... tick..." noise from inside the dash that repeated itself about once per second, and was loud enough to be heard over the stereo. I freaked out and took it to the dealer (it was due for an oil change, anyway).

Parked the car outside of the garage and turned the engine off, but the noise didn't stop. I realized that if I changed the HVAC setting (left dial), the noise would get louder or softer depending on which selection I made. Went inside and checked in at the service desk, then came back out to the car with the service tech and the car was still making the noise. Apparently, one of the plenum actuators had come "off index" and the BCM was repeatedly trying to reset it. All. Night. Long. Slowly. Running. Down. My. Battery.

The service tech said, "huh, that's weird, we'll look at it." I spent the next two and half hours wandering around the car lot, checking out the Z28 on display and wishing that a 2016 Camaro was there for me to look at (it wasn't). Finally, they call me and tell me the car is ready, and that they had "reset the actuators," as well as the oil change. Car is happy again, yay, and they didn't charge me anything.

After work, I'm driving home and my phone rings, but I realize that my bluetooth handsfree is not working. When I finally get home, I go rooting through the stereo menus and realize the menu had been reset. Apparently, "resetting the actuators" means "disconnecting the battery." Only wish I had realized that was the solution, as I could have saved myself some time.

Anybody ever run into that particular problem before?
CAI intake, VTC, VMax PTB, VMax Iceolator, Apex intake scoop, Roto-Fab washer bottle relocate
Build Journal: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=419992

clashley1976 is offline   Reply With Quote