Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-17-2019, 07:26 PM   #1
Blagg

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS
Thoughts?

So I recently bought my second 5th gen SS only this time I might have lucked out. Come to find out after looking up my build codes it's a 1SS but it has all the options a 1LE has with the exception of the matte hood (although I do have the vent) and the interior upgrades (I beleive they come with suede steering wheel and shifter but I may be wrong) but anyways would it be frowned upon if I were to badge it as a 1LE?
Blagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 07:35 PM   #2
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blagg View Post
So I recently bought my second 5th gen SS only this time I might have lucked out. Come to find out after looking up my build codes it's a 1SS but it has all the options a 1LE has with the exception of the matte hood (although I do have the vent) and the interior upgrades (I beleive they come with suede steering wheel and shifter but I may be wrong) but anyways would it be frowned upon if I were to badge it as a 1LE?
If its not a 1le don't badge it as one. Well.....I wouldn't anyway but its up to you.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 07:38 PM   #3
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
It's your car, do as you wish. Why would you care what a bunch of anonymous people on an enthusiast website would think?
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 07:43 PM   #4
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Take it by a Chevy dealer and have them run the VIN to see if you do in fact have a 1LE. They can give you a build sheet option list which would show whether you have a 1LE option package listed. The matte hood is a vinyl wrap and can be taken off if the previous owner didn’t care for it.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 07:58 PM   #5
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Why? It's just an option package.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 08:12 PM   #6
rshelar

Drives: 2017 1SS auto vert Nightfall Gray
He does not have the 1LE option package. He has an SS with some 1LE goodies that have been added. Very common. This is very cool but the key thing to the factory package is the suspension upgrades. So if he ever plans to attend a show or club event, I would not badge it. I take all badges off anyhow. I hate those things! I have a nice plate frame that has CAMARO SS on it. That’s good enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rshelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 08:16 PM   #7
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Dude, upgrade to aftermarket and make your SS better than a 1LE...
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 09:33 PM   #8
Blagg

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
Dude, upgrade to aftermarket and make your SS better than a 1LE...
That's the plan but with a special needs daughter it's hard to find the money for stuff like that. Your car looks awesome btw
Blagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 11:17 PM   #9
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
Take it by a Chevy dealer and have them run the VIN to see if you do in fact have a 1LE. They can give you a build sheet option list which would show whether you have a 1LE option package listed. The matte hood is a vinyl wrap and can be taken off if the previous owner didn’t care for it.

I second taking it to a dealership because it's the only way to know for certain.
Old 01-17-2019, 11:40 PM   #10
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blagg View Post

There were other changes on the 1LE that may not be on your SS.

ZL1 wheel bearings, heavy duty toe rods, differential to transmission cooler, M10 transmission (close ratio), wheels/tires, body/cosmetic mods, etc.
The suspension package alone does not make it a 1LE.

The 1LE suspension pack is available on the 6th gen as well without the full track package.
Personally, I wouldn't advertise it. Just prove it to the dick trying to follow you!
Old 01-18-2019, 07:40 AM   #11
Matty Ice

Drives: 2015 SS/RS 1LE
There should be a sticker on the trunk lid with all the options/codes the car was built with. It will say 1le. Do you have the following;
White steering shaft
Red Brembo's
20" 10 spoke wheels that say "Camaro" on them
ZL1 rear spoiler
Different front splitter that an SS

I wouldn't badge it a 1le if is not one. Pretty much the only people who will now it is a 1le are 1le owners and they will know it is not a 1le. But you can do what you want.
Matty Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 07:47 AM   #12
BluePhoenix

Drives: 2020 GMC Sierra AT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty Ice View Post
There should be a sticker on the trunk lid with all the options/codes the car was built with. It will say 1le. Do you have the following;
White steering shaft
Red Brembo's
20" 10 spoke wheels that say "Camaro" on them
ZL1 rear spoiler
Different front splitter that an SS

I wouldn't badge it a 1le if is not one. Pretty much the only people who will now it is a 1le are 1le owners and they will know it is not a 1le. But you can do what you want.
My thoughts exactly.

You can’t gauge it as a 1LE just by say Recaro’s and Suede steering wheels. The VIN & RPO code list in the trunk is what will answer the question. Should definitely have 1LE as one of the codes listed on that sticker if it is a 1LE. The Matte Black hood 1LE’s have are just vinyl wrap that anyone could remove I believe.

1100 - 3/23/2023
2000 - 3/27/2023
3000 - 3/28/2023
3400 - 4/12/2023 — 4/24 TPW
3800 - 4/28/2023
5000 - 5/30/2023
6000 - 6/03/2023

2020 GMC Sierra AT4 6.2L Black
BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 09:27 AM   #13
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
OP, post pics of your car.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 09:44 AM   #14
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rshelar View Post
He does not have the 1LE option package. He has an SS with some 1LE goodies that have been added. Very common. This is very cool but the key thing to the factory package is the suspension upgrades. So if he ever plans to attend a show or club event, I would not badge it. I take all badges off anyhow. I hate those things! I have a nice plate frame that has CAMARO SS on it. That’s good enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Purely from a ‘truth in advertising’ perspective, I don’t see a great deal of difference between the wrong badge and no badge. But that’s just me.