Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-04-2016, 09:58 AM   #2129
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
Well this year is going to be different.. I'm going to blah blah blah. Well, I am going to guess that I will apparently be in everyone's way again, as I am every new year from Jan-April. And I will be mean and pissy about people in my way of my routine, taking up space, talking, or doing whatever they do that does not include actual training.

We kind of back it down from Thanksgiving to New Years as a recovery time. But in two weeks, we will start training hard for the April powerlifting meet. I have three people I will be training this year, should be fun watching their weights along with their excitement.
LOL.....one of my favorites is water fountain walking. You know, after that one set of curls in the squat rack with the 2.5's on each side, and the clips for safety, they have to go get some water. GTFO OF MY SQUAT RACK!!

Speaking of squats...

Friday was my first day back in 4.5 weeks. At the bottom of a squat about 4.5 weeks ago and heard a pop in my uhhh....nether region. Though my hernia repair gave way because the pain discomfort I had was on that side but I was checked and she said just a pulled groin. So I did nothing and ate like crap for 4.5 weeks and ballooned up to 237.

So Friday started the Nutrishop challenge. 10% in 8 weeks you get $100 gift card. I still am not right down there but I can't take it anymore and I need that $100.

Got one kid at CF asked me about benching, squatting....told him to go read all the Westside Barbell articles and when he was done to get back to me. So he is reading them.....seen him doing box squats, good mornings, dynamic day, etc.....so maybe I'll take him under my wing.

But the next 8 weeks really am focusing on training Monique for the CF open.

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 02:23 PM   #2130
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
I'm still around, last I posted I had shoulder trouble, got much worst, ended up I tore the rotator cuff tendon, had the surgery about 7 wks ago and I'm just now getting back into some cardio and light leg work, won't be lifting for a while yet.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 02:27 PM   #2131
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Glad to see we are still around and doing what we enjoy most. I had a little forearm injury back in Oct, but doing great now.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 02:58 PM   #2132
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
Weightlifting is great and I enjoy it but it does cause injuries. I've had to rep up and lessen the weight
Old 01-04-2016, 09:04 PM   #2133
richard200593

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary RS
I'm new to this section, spent the last year in weight loss section and dropped 80 pounds but did no strength training and lost any ounce of strength I once had, been hitting the gym 5-6 days a week for the last month and a half now and just bought a set of Powerblock Dumbbells so that I can go a little harder when I'm out of town (I travel allot for work). Looking forward to learning and understanding the best ways to go about gaining strength and more importantly for the time being getting cut.
Zl1 factory Reproduction wheels
Bmr 1.2/1.4 springs/Oracle plasma drl lights, footwell ambient lighting, 45th Gobo lights
*Audio:
Memphis pr600 amp/Fosgate 12" t0 sub/******** stealth box
richard200593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 07:30 PM   #2134
joelster

Drives: '94 Z28+ '15 Z/28
My humerous bone is 80% healed. Too bad my radial nerve still hasn't woken up much. Today was my first day of physical therapy.
1979 Y84 Trans Am
1986 IROC-Z
joelster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 09:10 AM   #2135
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
Hey guys, well you were right. My gym has been taken over by resolutionists looking to satisfy their "new year, new me" goals. As much as I hate having to wait for my favorite bench rack to free up I'm glad people are at least trying lol.
So my question for you guys, Ive gained about 30pounds in muscle over the past 6-8months, however, I haven't truly lost any fat or at least not enough for me to notice. Just wondering what technique you guys use to cut weight.
arkentect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 10:22 AM   #2136
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkentect View Post
Hey guys, well you were right. My gym has been taken over by resolutionists looking to satisfy their "new year, new me" goals. As much as I hate having to wait for my favorite bench rack to free up I'm glad people are at least trying lol.
So my question for you guys, Ive gained about 30pounds in muscle over the past 6-8months, however, I haven't truly lost any fat or at least not enough for me to notice. Just wondering what technique you guys use to cut weight.
30lbs of muscle is a substantial gain, especially with out any fat gain. The thing is, although you can cut some fat on a muscle gaining routine just like you can gain muscle on a cutting routine, muscle gaining and fat loss are on opposite ends of the scale. Generally muscle building requires a caloric surplus and fat loss requires a caloric deficit.
Old 01-06-2016, 01:00 PM   #2137
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
30lbs of muscle is a substantial gain, especially with out any fat gain. The thing is, although you can cut some fat on a muscle gaining routine just like you can gain muscle on a cutting routine, muscle gaining and fat loss are on opposite ends of the scale. Generally muscle building requires a caloric surplus and fat loss requires a caloric deficit.
wow what a typo my bad! not a good morning I guess. Was supposed to say "Ive gained about 30pounds, about 15 in muscle over the past 6-8months" Ive definitely gained some fat with the increased calories, but I was hoping that in comparison to the muscle gain it wouldnt be as drastic.
arkentect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:37 PM   #2138
CFD

If you eat super clean, with adequate calories to gain muscle there's a good chance you will gain some fat, most bodybuilders go through bulking and cutting phases for that reason.
Old 01-12-2016, 10:10 AM   #2139
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkentect View Post
wow what a typo my bad! not a good morning I guess. Was supposed to say "Ive gained about 30pounds, about 15 in muscle over the past 6-8months" Ive definitely gained some fat with the increased calories, but I was hoping that in comparison to the muscle gain it wouldnt be as drastic.
Chances are your %'s are still off.

Almost impossible to put on that much muscle in that amount of time without chemical assistance.

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 10:06 AM   #2140
Ghost1LE

Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
I agree with everyone above^ those numbers sound off unless you're genetically gifted and have never stepped foot in a gym and even then its a stretch.

As far as my goals this year, currently doing my annual spring cut to cut off about 10 lbs before my cruise in march.

Arkentect the way i go about cutting fat and minimizing muscle loss us to start around maintenance calories the first week and take my weight each morning and put it in an excel sheet that will take an average of the week's weigh ins. Based on how much i lost that week i will adjust, so if i lost 2 lbs then I probably will keep it the same or add in 2-3 mild cardio sessions (200 calories) and then repeat the next week. If i lose less than a 1 lb from 1 week to the next i will cut some calories (typically 25g carbs and maybe 5g fat) or add in more cardio. I just switch off with those and just take it slow. Currently down about 3 lbs in two weeks and gaining strength so it works for me. Good luck
Old 01-18-2016, 11:41 AM   #2141
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post

Almost impossible to put on that much muscle in that amount of time without chemical assistance.
agreed
Old 01-19-2016, 08:51 PM   #2142
Aesthetic Gains
I won the internet once

Drives: 1999 Honda CR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post

Dat gear assist doe

Glad there is a lifting thread here