Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 08-01-2012, 06:17 PM   #29
fiascoes1
SoCalRaceTeam new-b!

Drives: 2012 ZL1/WHITE/BLACK STRIPE
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
It would fit it's just that you're gonna have to change your exhaust tips into single tips.
But that's what I'm trying to avoid.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:03 PM   #30
Dizzy

Drives: Black 2011 2ss
Quote:
dayuum ,hope you get it all fixed but trust me man you're gonna love this diffuser one of the best mods i've done so far.
i know its the only one i like, ive seen other kits and any of them caught my eye
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiascoes1 View Post
But that's what I'm trying to avoid.
bro u could be the first to do the dual tip havoc diffuser it would look legit bro

ok so thanks to tommy i calmed down and started planning on how to fix it, i got epoxy so put on the parts that broke off, then i used gorilla tape to hold it in place, hopefully eveything works out man because it kills me knowing theres something wrong with dutches lol
Attached Images

Old 08-02-2012, 11:04 PM   #31
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
i know its the only one i like, ive seen other kits and any of them caught my eye
bro u could be the first to do the dual tip havoc diffuser it would look legit bro

ok so thanks to tommy i calmed down and started planning on how to fix it, i got epoxy so put on the parts that broke off, then i used gorilla tape to hold it in place, hopefully eveything works out man because it kills me knowing theres something wrong with dutches lol
Looking great man! Did you get 30min epoxy, 15 min, 5 min, etc? Also, did you take the tape off after it dried to see how well it held. If you put the epoxy in the correct place and enough of it (also assuming you mixed a perfect 50/50 blend of the epoxy from the tubes), that bad mama jamma should hold up just fine .

It looks so damn bitchin! I really love that diffuser.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:01 AM   #32
Dizzy

the guy at home depot i was talking to was telling me he had a similar thing happen to him but he use the wrong stuff and it ate away some of the parts so he suggested the 5 min one, and yes i mixed it perfectly, and the instructions u gave me was pretty much the same as the bottle, so stoked bro i havent driven it in 2 days since ive been scared of drving it and it would fly off i was gonna do it yesterday but then my good friend jack and coke came through and ruin my plans lol
Old 08-03-2012, 12:06 AM   #33
SS-Devil

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Devil
Sick bro, ill catch a glimpse of it tomorrow!

Current Mods: 2SS/RS
Full Ground Effects Dealer Package
Dovetail Spoiler
GTS Black Taillight Covers and Fog Light Covers
Powdercoated Matte Black Wheels
Matte Black Rear Light Bezel
Black Chevy Bowtie
Black Billet Grill Upper and Lower
Full Interior Lighting Kit in Red
DiabloSport Trinity Tuner
Injen Cold Air Intake
Resonator Delete
Catalytic Converter Deletes
Flowmaster 44 series mufflers

Future Mods:
Victory Red Door Panel Inserts and Trim
Remote Control Hidden License Plate
SS-Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:37 AM   #34
TCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
the guy at home depot i was talking to was telling me he had a similar thing happen to him but he use the wrong stuff and it ate away some of the parts so he suggested the 5 min one, and yes i mixed it perfectly, and the instructions u gave me was pretty much the same as the bottle, so stoked bro i havent driven it in 2 days since ive been scared of drving it and it would fly off i was gonna do it yesterday but then my good friend jack and coke came through and ruin my plans lol
Excellent! Epoxy is the shiznit. It should hold up just fine in my opinion. It can withstand a lot of stress, and it would have to literally be pulled off with lots of force to break the bond. Looking forward to hearing your results .
Old 08-03-2012, 04:28 AM   #35
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
Old 08-04-2012, 09:48 PM   #36
Dizzy

so after 24 hours of putting the epoxy it held like a freaking champ thank god, now i cant drive having peace of mind thanks again Tommy for the advice, so what do you guys think?
Attached Images

Old 08-04-2012, 10:49 PM   #37
TCAT

Damnnnnnn!!!! I'm telling you man, that car of yours looks scarry mean. I love it. Keep it up, and COTW is in your future and tons of car show wins.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:01 AM   #38
SilverSlayer-SS
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 SS , 2014 SS
OMG! mean looking ride man ! just like what i have in my future lists ! get a spoiler to get the complete evil look bro ! really great ride !!
Old 08-05-2012, 10:20 AM   #39
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
That diffuser looks sweet B! Now we'll be able to tell our cars apart from the back. Good job with the epoxy, you could've used windshield epoxy also, that's what I used for my smooth rear panel and that sucker ain't going no where.

Are you sitting on the stock springs? I notice you have more room in your wheel wells than me.

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:16 PM   #40
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
Looks like the epoxy did its job .Good work.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #41
Dizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
Damnnnnnn!!!! I'm telling you man, that car of yours looks scarry mean. I love it. Keep it up, and COTW is in your future and tons of car show wins.
thanks man and that would be awsome, plus it would be another cotw for the club

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlayer-SS View Post
OMG! mean looking ride man ! just like what i have in my future lists ! get a spoiler to get the complete evil look bro ! really great ride !!
thanks man i was debating on getting the dovetail spoiler but not sure yet, now the i just need to make it louder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
That diffuser looks sweet B! Now we'll be able to tell our cars apart from the back. Good job with the epoxy, you could've used windshield epoxy also, that's what I used for my smooth rear panel and that sucker ain't going no where.

Are you sitting on the stock springs? I notice you have more room in your wheel wells than me.
Waiting on my dovetail to complete the back, and yes i have stock springs, im working on getting my headers first then ill lower my car, but debating on how much lower i should get it. i alway want to get like a p.a system like the cops have i think that would be cool and funny
Quote:
Looks like the epoxy did its job .Good work.
i know thank god bro, if it didnt i dont know what ill do, now its time to move on to new mods
Old 08-05-2012, 07:33 PM   #42
SilverSlayer-SS
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 SS , 2014 SS
Go with the magna flow competition series axle back ! its so loud and aggressive .. combine it with ARH headers or Pacesetters ceramics , mine is so loud when i step on the pedal people all around and think something is happening to the world

Tags
2011 camaro 2ss, black camaro ss, dizzy, dutches, socal head turners