Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-29-2014, 04:54 PM   #1
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
I want to sit in your seat

Apologies in advance - this is a weird one. I'm about to order a 2014 SS 1LE as soon as the order-book opens back up on Feb 11th. But I want the Recaros and my wife has a bad back that likes some seats and hates others. Her Tribeca is great, if she spends more than 30 minutes in our Accord, she might not be able to walk straight for a few days.

So is there anyone in the greater NYC area that has the Recaros that wouldn't mind letting my wife sit in them for about 20 minutes to see how her body reacts to them? I promise she's clean

Just a warning, I'm going to cross-post this over in the 1LE forum as well since they might have the Recaros.
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:08 PM   #2
Brownster

Drives: 1966 GTO Convertible/ZL1 Vert
Have you tried any dealers nin the area for ones in stock?
Brownster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:40 PM   #3
james347

Drives: 2006 Crownline
"I want to sit in your seat"

No you don't.
james347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:53 PM   #4
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy10mm View Post
Apologies in advance - this is a weird one. I'm about to order a 2014 SS 1LE as soon as the order-book opens back up on Feb 11th. But I want the Recaros and my wife has a bad back that likes some seats and hates others. Her Tribeca is great, if she spends more than 30 minutes in our Accord, she might not be able to walk straight for a few days.

So is there anyone in the greater NYC area that has the Recaros that wouldn't mind letting my wife sit in them for about 20 minutes to see how her body reacts to them? I promise she's clean

Just a warning, I'm going to cross-post this over in the 1LE forum as well since they might have the Recaros.
I'm not in your area.

Just wanted to say I feel for your wife. I've got chronic issues with my back too. Best of luck with the seats and I hope she can find some relief.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:24 PM   #5
antnicSS2010

Drives: 2014 White ZL1
My wife also has a bad back and always had something to say about the seats I had in my 2010 !! Now with the recaro seats she loves them lol !! We just drove from San Francisco to Los Angeles and was comfortable and might I also add they look great !!
Old 01-29-2014, 06:27 PM   #6
Billy10mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownster View Post
Have you tried any dealers nin the area for ones in stock?
I called half a dozen dealers today and while a few had a ZL1 or two, none of them had Recaros. I did get hold of a dealership in Jersey that called me back an hour after I called him to let me know that he did have a 1LE on the lot (the only 1LE that ANY of the dealerships I called had - most had no idea what it was). I informed him that it wasn't the 1LE I was looking for, but the Recaro option. He fumbled a bit but insisted that it does, so I will try to head out there this weekend. I'm asking here just in case that doesn't pan out. Time is running short.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:43 PM   #7
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:

As much as I love the Recaro seats what your wife needs is a really good Physical Therapist. I'm not in the area so I don't know who to refer her to, but I'm 95% certain if she found the right practitioner she could sit in any seat without pain. If a position change can affect symptoms, a good therapist can correct the problem.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:01 PM   #8
Billy10mm

Harder to find a good therapist than a dozen sets of Recaro seats thats for sure. She'll have been to 5 therapy appointments before this week is out. No one can tell her why a physically fit, active woman in excellent health has the number of muscular issues she has. She can't do the grocery shopping any more because lifting a bag she might pull a muscle. Every therapist we see keeps trying to address the symptoms and none of them have found, or even taken a shot at finding as best I can tell, the root cause

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Old 01-29-2014, 07:09 PM   #9
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:

I own a ZL1, and I have sat in a 1LE with Recaro's, and a 2014 Vette with them. I have spinal issues and back pain. I would respectfully say pass on those seats for your wifes comfort.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:12 PM   #10
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
My local dealer didn't even know about the recaros until I educated them last week!!!
And that was the guy that orders the cars for the dealership!!
WTF?
Old 01-29-2014, 07:25 PM   #11
Brownster

Drives: 1966 GTO Convertible/ZL1 Vert
Quote:
Harder to find a good therapist than a dozen sets of Recaro seats thats for sure. She'll have been to 5 therapy appointments before this week is out. No one can tell her why a physically fit, active woman in excellent health has the number of muscular issues she has. She can't do the grocery shopping any more because lifting a bag she might pull a muscle. Every therapist we see keeps trying to address the symptoms and none of them have found, or even taken a shot at finding as best I can tell, the root cause

Try to find a naturopathic doctor.
Sounds like your wife could benefit from a holistic approach.
Brownster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:32 PM   #12
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:

It is sad, but I must agree, when it comes to treating the root cause of back pain, skilled physical therapists are hard to find. If she has not had a major change within 3 visits, she might as well look for another therapist. They either find it and treat it immediately or they put you on a plan to live with it. It has a lot more to do with the skill of the therapist. Good luck, I would try to make some calls because someone in the medical community has got to know who the good ones are.

And you are correct in with the idea she should sit in the seat. There are many different potential problems that could have different effects. A Recaro might kill one person's back and help another.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:37 PM   #13
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrayo View Post
It is sad, but I must agree, when it comes to treating the root cause of back pain, skilled physical therapists are hard to find. If she has not had a major change within 3 visits, she might as well look for another therapist. They either find it and treat it immediately or they put you on a plan to live with it. It has a lot more to do with the skill of the therapist. Good luck, I would try to make some calls because someone in the medical community has got to know who the good ones are.

And you are correct in with the idea she should sit in the seat. There are many different potential problems that could have different effects. A Recaro might kill one person's back and help another.
...nothing is impossible, or outside the realm of possibility. I agree. Try it ahead of time, not for 5 minutes...but on the road. I sat in both of them for 5 minutes...and knew it was not going to be comfortable for my condition. Just my 02 worth.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:37 PM   #14
chathen613

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT RS
Find a D.O. for her (who actually has an OMT practice) and you will get the best of both worlds. Quite a few in the NYC area, especially with Touro being right there!

My ride: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242142
chathen613 is offline   Reply With Quote