Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-30-2013, 07:30 PM   #15
Medi0cr3
Untamed Performance EPT

Drives: 2011 2SS
this is a great thread!! I live in El Paso and 2of3 dealers are straight garbage. The autonation dealership I bought my car from (Peoria Arrowhead Chevy, Peoria AZ) has been taking great care and if I needed service they got to it IMMEDIATELY and did not take till the end of the day to complete a diagnosis.

I take my car there and that's 368 miles away

Great thread!
Hurst Short-Shifter; Ideal Garage Master Cylinder
H-E Street Slayer Twin Billet Clutch
BMR: Adjustable; Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Extreme Sway Bar. BMR Subframe Bushings.
Strange Rear Coilovers and mounts
Tuned by Rhino79

Medi0cr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:38 PM   #16
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Agreed, worth another bump
Old 01-16-2014, 09:10 PM   #17
SLICKCH02

Drives: 2010 camaroSS
This is a good post. I work at A BMW dealer and I know how it is but we kinda get the opposite of the spectrum. People also need to realize that the dealer is not the manufacturer also. I cant tell you how many times I have to figure out how to explain to a customer why there $80,000 thousand dollar car doesn't do what its supposed to do or better yet why they have to spend thousands of dollars on a car that's only a few years old and has less than a 100k and is either leaking oil or burning oil.
SLICKCH02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:14 PM   #18
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
while I dont debate if GM has made bad decisions or handled things poorly... i still believe it is up to the consumers to buy from the right dealerships. its win win win.. happy customer, money for good dealer, helps chevy identify and reward good dealers
Old 05-01-2014, 03:17 AM   #19
20Camaro11

Drives: SS
The dealers are licensed/franchised by GM and only exist by virtue of GM...so no matter how it gets sliced, the dealer is GM and one in the same. It is a collective failure shared between the dealer and the manufacturer if a customer is unsatisfied with their experience with a product.

I was so unsatisfied with my 2005 Monte Carlo, I wrote a formal complaint to GM and did get a sit down discussion with the General Manager of the Chevy dealer that I frequented way too often to get repairs done to my car. When discussing a particular problem (intermediate shafts that are clunky), the general manager admitted that it was a problem but that it was so widespread that GM had no way to realistically solve it, other than the band-aids they kept slapping on the car. My unhappiness in that situation was a combination of the apathetic nature of the local dealer service people "repairing the car" coupled with the GM attitude that since the problem was not safety related and merely a personal perception for the customer....that no new part would be installed, let alone re-engineer and correct the annoying problem.

I generally agree with the OP that Dealer and GM are separate and it is important to take your money and business to good dealers that go that extra mile for the customer. If GM or any other manufacturer has an engineered problem and don't support the dealers in standing behind those inferior products...the manufacturer and the dealer can share the hate that will justly be headed their way.

I learned after my lackluster experience with the Monte Carlo that it is easier to buy a better product and save myself the trips to a dealer(good or bad) that may or may not even be able to fix the crappy product they sold me. That was all pre-bankruptcy, so although I swore off GM for good, obviously I came back to experience what has been a pretty nice car in the Camaro.

I rambled a bit, but night shifts leave the little brain matter I have a bit foggy.
20Camaro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 10:07 PM   #20
trcsr

Drives: 2018 2LT/RS Conv
I disagree with a lot of Mr. Blur's comments, but will limit my comments to just a few.

First, GM does not know whether a dealer is good or bad unless they hear from customers experiences. Of course, they are going to hear mostly the bad experiences, but if a certain dealer gets a lot of criticism then GM should pay them a visit.

Also, how can a customer tell whether or not a dealer is a good one or not until he has dealt with them. I have multiple problems with my dealer that supposedly had a good reputation and the owner is very involved with his customers personally. But, as I said, I have had multiple problems with them and they are not solved yet. I am currently debating in the direction to take; GM customer service, BBB, or ?????. I have posted my complaints on several websites and have never received any kind of reply from a GM rep. Also, before someone suggests that I get local opinions, I have posted questions about dealer reputations in this area on several local car-oriented forums and got mixed and inconclusive results.

I am also considering looking into the state Lemon Laws. The last time I was in to the dealer with the latest problem I spent the waiting time researching the Lemon Laws on line. I really like the style of the Camaro, but there are some design aspects I would rather have different, but from my experience the GM Quality Control needs some upgrading.

If I don't get these problems solved or other problems appear I am seriously considering getting a personalized license plate that reads something like "MY LEMON", which would be doubly appropriate since it is painted yellow and has these multiple problems.
trcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 03:06 PM   #21
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by trcsr View Post
I disagree with a lot of Mr. Blur's comments, but will limit my comments to just a few.

First, GM does not know whether a dealer is good or bad unless they hear from customers experiences. Of course, they are going to hear mostly the bad experiences, but if a certain dealer gets a lot of criticism then GM should pay them a visit.

Also, how can a customer tell whether or not a dealer is a good one or not until he has dealt with them. I have multiple problems with my dealer that supposedly had a good reputation and the owner is very involved with his customers personally. But, as I said, I have had multiple problems with them and they are not solved yet. I am currently debating in the direction to take; GM customer service, BBB, or ?????. I have posted my complaints on several websites and have never received any kind of reply from a GM rep. Also, before someone suggests that I get local opinions, I have posted questions about dealer reputations in this area on several local car-oriented forums and got mixed and inconclusive results.

I am also considering looking into the state Lemon Laws. The last time I was in to the dealer with the latest problem I spent the waiting time researching the Lemon Laws on line. I really like the style of the Camaro, but there are some design aspects I would rather have different, but from my experience the GM Quality Control needs some upgrading.

If I don't get these problems solved or other problems appear I am seriously considering getting a personalized license plate that reads something like "MY LEMON", which would be doubly appropriate since it is painted yellow and has these multiple problems.
trcsr,

Thanks for your post. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the concerns you've experienced in your Camaro. I'd like to offer my assistance to investigate the situation between you and your dealer. If you'd like, send me a private message with your name, dealer's name, and your VIN/mileage. I look forward to your contact.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 03:15 PM   #22
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
If this keeps up, your dealer MIGHT BE part of General Motors one day. I bet they're watching this closely along with every other franchise operation:

http://time.com/3054211/mcdonalds-employees-labor/

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 06:06 AM   #23
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by trcsr View Post

Basically, your car has problems, which has very little to do with my post about sales. Your dealer didn't build the car, so if you're considering lemon laws, you should talk to the guys who built your car. It really could be a QA problem, which is why a GM customer service rep responded to your post. If they can determine what went wrong in building your car, they can improve their procedures and make future cars less prone to problems.

Like I said, your dealer is not GM. Your dealer did not build your car in a factory. Your dealer is only responsible for retail sales of cars. If you go to a sandwich shop and don't like the sandwiches, you find another sandwich shop. If you go to a dealer and don't like the services, you find another dealer.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:20 PM   #24
Beaukz28

Drives: 2010 2SS M6
This is a complicated topic. How about a dealer's perspective. I have been a Chevrolet service manager for several years now at a fairly large dealership. And I will start out by saying that I am willing to try to help everyone I can within reason. The only thing that keeps customers coming in the door is customer service! But the dealer is definitely not GM. And it's the same with any other brand (we have them all.) The dealer is independently owned and agrees to follow the policy and procedures manual that every manufacturer has.
It's a tough business, but in the end it is just that, a business.
Let's be honest! Not every customer deserves to be treated the same. Because they aren't all the same. There are different levels and types of customers. And I have dealt with all of them. Some are happy that you tried, some are happy that you are willing to try and some will just never be happy no matter what you do for them. Every franchise has some stores that are better than others. Some have great employees and polices and some have terrible ones. And some want to be better but get stuck with terrible employees that give them a bad rap.
I watch a lot of forums and we track internet posts like crazy. I have found that probably 80% of the people that bitch are the unreasonable customer with ridiculous expectations. 10% fell through the cracks and the other 10% we probably dropped the ball with to be honest. But we are human, working with machines made with thousands of parts from the cheapest bidder!! And we do what we can to make things right for those customers.
these vehicles are mass produced. They are built to suit a majority of customers, not custom made for each individual. A majority of our pissed customers are people that have a vehicle that works just like every other one on the road but they want it to do something different, or in their opinion "that's not how this car should operate." The dealer cannot re-engineer your car. It may not be for you. I have had people threaten to sue me and the dealer because they don't like the RPM there new Tahoe goes into 4cylinder mode. Then they tell everyone how terrible our dealer is because we won't help them or fix their car. Sorry. Another bad rap for the dealer.
And here is the big one. Every warranty concern you all complain about has to be processed from start to finish correctly. So if I am not sure that we can get your claim paid, then I am not proceeding. Sorry, but I am not eating the bill. No dealer (of any franchise) has an endless account to bill the manufacturer with. It all has to fall within their guidelines. Now I do my share of work for customers that GM will not pay us for. It's called goodwill. To help out a deserving customer. So let's define deserving customer.
Is it the guy that comes in screaming at me and demanding to talk to the service manager (As that other post states) telling me what I have to do for him. Nope!
Is it the guy that wants me to fix his other dealers mistake for a warranty issue that I cannot claim and get paid for? Nope
Is it the guy that finally bought his dream car only to find out that he can't afford the payment and will complain to no end to try to get it bought back. Nope (and yes those are out there)
Is it the customer that has a legitimate issue? Yes
Is it the customer that is willing to work with you to get it resolved? Yes
Is it the customer that bought his last several vehicles from you and does all his service work with you? Yes (and he is probably getting bumped to the front of the line)
Ask any business owner out there. A great customer is one that spends money with you.
Most dealers these days know that it takes good customer service and that you have to try to bend over backwards for most customers. So if you are one of those people that finds yourself bitching that three dealers could not take care of you then you are probably just one of those customers that is just a complainer that doesn't really have a legitimate issue.
Sorry for the long rant but there are two sides to every story! I will sum all of this up by saying again. There are so many customers with issues, and I will bend over backwards to help any great customer or potential new customer with in the policy guidelines that I have to operate in for GM to reimburse us for the claim. But if you are a terrible unreasonable customer, I will simply wish you a nice day and move on to the next deserving customer. As this is an independent company and I can accept OR refuse service to anyone that comes through the door. I will be happy to answer any questions. Thanks!
Beaukz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 12:07 PM   #25
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
The OP needs to try some decaf.
The dealer didn't build your car. It isn't their fault it broke or wore out. There's no reason to paint all dealers with the "dealer sucks" brush.
When selling a car, they pretty much represent GM to the customer. When servicing, we represent YOU to GM. WE make the case for GM to pay your warranty bill. It's not automatic and they don't just throw money at us to look at everything on your car.
Lighten up, Francis.
As with ANY business you deal with- communicate, and if they fall short of your expectations, go elsewhere.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 11:19 AM   #26
ZEN357

Drives: 1991 Z/28 Convertible
Yes, but a dealership is a representative of the company, they should have to live up to high standards!!!
ZEN357 is offline   Reply With Quote