Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-12-2014, 03:55 AM   #29
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by juandavr View Post
I had a meeting with the dealre's administrative manager, he gave me two options 1) they bought me the car for 5k less than the price that I paid, 2) they gave me 7.5k, extenden warranty and I keep the car...the third option is mine, and is a sue, but knowing how the goverment deals with this kind of issue it would take like 3 years for me to have an answer....what do you think?
In option 2, are they giving you $7,500 towards an extended warranty, or in addition to an extended warranty? My question to you is this, how long do you want to own the car? If you were looking at it for a short term (a couple of years), then dump it as fast as you can. If you were looking at keeping it for a longer time, I would go with option 2 if they are giving you money and extending the warranty. If they are not doing that, then request a lifetime bumper to bumper warranty with $0 deduct.

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 05:13 AM   #30
Matt_ZL1

Drives: ZL1
OPTION ONE
Matt_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 08:52 AM   #31
juandavr

Drives: BMW M235i
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCamOwner View Post
In option 2, are they giving you $7,500 towards an extended warranty, or in addition to an extended warranty? My question to you is this, how long do you want to own the car? If you were looking at it for a short term (a couple of years), then dump it as fast as you can. If you were looking at keeping it for a longer time, I would go with option 2 if they are giving you money and extending the warranty. If they are not doing that, then request a lifetime bumper to bumper warranty with $0 deduct.
they give me 7500 and an extended warranty, I was not looking to keep he car for long, in fact I was planning to buy a new one soon, but 36k is way to low for what I've paid (Insurance and taxes are way to high in here, I would be loosing like 10000 that I would have never paid because I would not have accepted the car)

Today I will go to several car dealers (Import car dealers BMW, Porsche etc) and will negotitate the car, if they give me that value (36k) I will accept the second option and take the extra 7500, if not, it's sue time
juandavr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 09:01 AM   #32
juandavr

And the thing is, besides I love my car (as many of you do) I dont want to be related in ANY way to the dealer, I dont trust them any more so that would discard option 2,

And they buy me my car, they will sell it right away, same price, they would get their money back and problem solved...for them, I woud not have a car, in other words I want to them to feel pain
Old 09-12-2014, 05:06 PM   #33
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Crazy story man. Sux.

I would push to give you exactly what you owe so you do not lose in the end. If not, go to media and report this business.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 07:43 PM   #34
juandavr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
You had the car for almost two years and never noticed anything until you started to look at the records. Apparently they did a great job fixing it.

So what is your complaint? Leaking headlights?
the price, they sold me the car at the price it was worth that year and no less and basically the thing is, I bought a used car with no crashes, and they sold me one with it...want to hear a funny story? they were transporting a silver Camaro SS in a car transporter (those big with an upper deck) the camaro was on the upper deck and it fell off to one side, damaging all of its side, what did they do? fixed it and sold it as new, the price? they price as any new camaro
Old 09-13-2014, 12:27 PM   #35
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: 2017 1SS
carfax

Quote:
Originally Posted by juandavr View Post
thats one of the greatest tool ever created for the car buyer...and its not available here

:S
dont always believe carfax, its only what dealers-body shops reported..sometrue-some false....its not fool proof
Alfieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 05:25 PM   #36
juandavr

Well guys, i'm thinking of going with the first option, due that selling a camaro is hard, and will be buying a BMW M235i, before any of you kill me, I would love to have an Camaro SS (same price) BUT I just dont want to be related to that dealer in any way (unfortunately, having your dream car relates you) due that they are the only chevy dealer in town that sells and fix camaros