Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 10-01-2018, 01:48 PM   #1
3 Gens

Drives: 2011 2ss
u0100 help with troubleshooting

hello, first post but i read a lot around here. so i bought and am driving around a 2011 Camaro 2SS ls3 stock with a Huron single turbo already tuned to 8 lbs of boost. so i decided to change plugs and wires, taking off a plug and the heat wrap on the headers just disintegrates...so, the project begins! i pull the headers and cross pipe and re-wrap them looking around the engine bay and reading around the internet, I thought it would be smart to throw in A.R.P. head studs and LS9 head gaskets. so i put it all back together and went to start it and notice my fuel tank is reading empty and i have 3/4 a tank of fuel then i get the code u0100. did a double check on all my grounds and connections and am not sure what i am missing? i had full battery power and now it seems to draw power fast every time i hit the starter. i never touched the wires to the starter. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! thanks so much!!
3 Gens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 06:17 AM   #2
3 Gens

update its fixed i did it myself with some online guidence from you tube and a great forum called scannerdanner. this is where i got started

after watching these videos i whent to harbor freight and bought a wire tracer and i had a multimeter

and then i went here

https://www.scannerdanner.com/forum/...ing.html#23971

it is not as hard as many would think it just takes patients and attention to detail.
Old 10-14-2018, 09:14 AM   #3
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
Where was the problem?
Old 10-14-2018, 04:29 PM   #4
3 Gens

so on my turbo set up my cross pipe is infront of the motor going udner the harness on the passenger side it was the large ground at the front of the head when i tightend it down i twisted and broke it but not enough to pull out of the sheeth so i wasnt able to see it till i took off my heat wrap and dug into the harness
Old 10-14-2018, 05:41 PM   #5
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
Perseverance pays.....congrats