Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-21-2014, 08:03 PM   #29
DJ A

Drives: Cammed 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes fast ss View Post
No dealership is letting a 19 year old take a car for a day. None.
They let me take my Camaro for a day and a 5.0 and I'm 18...
DJ A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:05 PM   #30
Mikes fast ss
Slowhawk Built

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ A View Post
They let me take my Camaro for a day and a 5.0 and I'm 18...
That maybe true buts it very hard to believe. Even used.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:06 PM   #31
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
having had a vette as a dd, get a ZL1.

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:10 PM   #32
DJ A

Drives: Cammed 2010 SS
Quote:
That maybe true buts it very hard to believe. Even used.
Ya I guess but it just depends on which dealer you go to like this one dealership I went to go test drive a Camaro but the salesperson told me no because "only customers can drive the car" lmao you can bet your ass I never went back to that dealership.
DJ A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:11 PM   #33
13BRM2SSRS

Drives: 13 Camaro 2SS Vert L99
Obvious answer here is Stingray but......not so fast! Its great you have the means to upgrade but that doesn't means you should. You've got a really nice new car already so just keep it. At 19 insurance is going to be really steep on a Stingray, trust me I know! Many years ago at age 21 I had a 2 year old 87 Corvette and insurance was outrageous, the car was lots fun but overall it was not the smartest thing I ever did. I'd suggest investing either in education, a home or start a Roth IRA and let it grow as nothing beats financial freedom later in life! Don't mean to be a downer and sorry to ramble on just trying to help!! Good luck in whatever you decide.
Black GFX / Dynatech Supermaxx LT Headers / FR Black Chrome ZL1 Replicas 275/315 / RDP Tune / CAI / VMAX TB / MBRP SS Catback / Gtechniq CSL & EXOV3 / VTC / RX Catch Can / Valentine 1 / Halo DRL / LED Fogs
13BRM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:13 PM   #34
Mikes fast ss
Slowhawk Built

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ A View Post
Ya I guess but it just depends on which dealer you go to like this one dealership I went to go test drive a Camaro but the salesperson told me no because "only customers can drive the car" lmao you can bet your ass I never went back to that dealership.
I can't call bs because I have honestly never even thought to ask. Very interesting.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:37 PM   #35
jaymoo7

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinw View Post
OP . unless u are a self made millionaire, keep what you got and be happy and spend the money on YOU, a college education, trade school, and get a house. you are 19 for crying out loud. what will you want when you are 25? A 200K priced sports car? you are young and have a life ahead of you. spending big bucks at your age for a ZL1 or stingray just seems silly. get your life, education, house in order first. just my opinion. you want what us "older" guys have been working so hard to get for years you want it now. you are lucky to just have a new camaro. be happy and satisfied and invest in YOU! good luck.
^^^This^^^. But if you really have to a stingray is a nice looking car with nice attributes. The ZL1 is actually the better all around car. I personally own a ZL1 and it is my DD 46k plus miles so far and very comfortable. And by the way, the stingray is only faster on paper (Proven Experience). So if you really had to ZL1 or Z06.
jaymoo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 09:00 PM   #36
BFella

Drives: 16' Supercharged 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinw View Post
OP . unless u are a self made millionaire, keep what you got and be happy and spend the money on YOU, a college education, trade school, and get a house. you are 19 for crying out loud. what will you want when you are 25? A 200K priced sports car? you are young and have a life ahead of you. spending big bucks at your age for a ZL1 or stingray just seems silly. get your life, education, house in order first. just my opinion. you want what us "older" guys have been working so hard to get for years you want it now. you are lucky to just have a new camaro. be happy and satisfied and invest in YOU! good luck.
I'm currently attending ASU and majoring in Forensics and Criminology, my school is already fully paid off by my mother. Also living with my girlfriend in our own house in Scottsdale. So all that is already taken care of, that's the only reason I'm thinking about the upgrade.
BFella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 09:03 PM   #37
BFella

Quote:
No dealership is letting a 19 year old take a car for a day. None.
My dealership offered to let me take my Camaro for 3 days before buying, I test drove instead and paid that day, it was a no brainer!
Old 10-21-2014, 09:13 PM   #38
BFella

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
If you have the means to spend $60k on a car, and you still live at home, do your parents a favor and move the hell out. Get your own place to live already ...
I don't live at home anymore, me and my girlfriend of 3 years have our own house, and school is already paid off, this is the only reason I'm even considering an upgrade.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:16 PM   #39
Akatsuki

Put the money into the stock market, play it right and get yourself a Lamborghini or if you cant wait 360 Modenas and Spider Ferraris are going for around 50k with 20k miles and lower

Also hear alot of people saying only 2 seats with the vette, my friend who has C5 has convinced girls to ride in his other friends lap or trunk before, ijs
Akatsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 09:17 PM   #40
BRAVO 2SS
Aim Small...Miss Small

Drives: 2018 ZL1 M6
Stingray!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2014, 10:11 PM   #41
SnowCamaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS RS
You should worry about graduating and getting a career job before going and buying a sports car. I was in the Army for 8 years, graduated from ASU in 2006, and I recently got my MBA and I still feel lucky to have a job. My little cousin just graduated from ASU around 3 months ago with a mechanical engineering degree from ASU/pretty decent GPA too, he still can't find a job. My little brother is about to graduate from ASU and has no prospects. It's tough out there. Do yourself a favor and save your money and enjoy the car and situation that you have.

2013 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 - Ashen Gray Metallic
Heritage Grille - Sparks Restoration SS Emblems Blue
OE Wheels ZL1 Carbon Edition reproduction wheels (without the ZL1 logo)
Plasti-dipped taillight bezels - Interior carbon fiber hydro-dipped trim - Blue powder coated brake calipers
Hurst shifter cover plate
SnowCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:30 PM   #42
Dennis Northwest

Drives: 16 1SS A8 NPP
I seriously considered a Stingray until I sat in one. The interior is way too small for a daily driver unless you're built like a little girl.
Dennis Northwest is offline   Reply With Quote