Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 10-15-2020, 02:30 AM   #1
HAMBO

Drives: Supercharged 2013 AGM 2SS/RS
LA Area Mechanic Recommendations?

Hi everyone,

My '13 SS is having some electrical problems. I was wondering if anyone has a mechanic in the LA area they recommend with reasonable rates? I called the local GM dealer and they were $230 per hour (granted, it's a Cadillac dealer)!

Appreciate any suggestions!

HAMBO
SLP TVS2300, Edge CAI, 3" Magnaflow catback, BC Racing BR series coilovers, HRE FF15's (20x10 square) with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's, GM STB, BMR front and rear sway bars and toe links, Prothane subframe bushings and front control arm inserts, JDP rear upper control arm bushings, Elite Engineering catch can. Tuned by Cunningham Motorsports.
1967 Bolero Red 396 SS/RS Convertible
HAMBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 05:02 PM   #2
Mojave13

Drives: 04 Colorado, 22 Camaro SS 1LE
Many thanks for your thread on CARB legal mod’s Hambo. Great contribution to our section of C5. Yes, i’ve got two Performance shop recommendations that i’ve had great experiences with in LA/OC area;

Electrical GRC Performance; I also was having some electrical issues w/ various fuel injector codes. Team diagnosed it to frayed wire harness after 130k miles on clock. My experience with Humberto was great he did excellent electrical troubleshoot works. It’s been several thousand miles since their electrical troubleshoot - no more injector code. I'm leaning towards his shop to do my suspension project

Mechanical New Era Performance; I see your Supercharged. Alex specializes in GM everything from building LS/LT engines to boosting them. He’ll tell you upfront he is busy. He rebuilt top-end of my LS3 after i ran into a cylinder 2 problem. It’s been 17k miles since the project; the NA performance gains noted in signature was amazingly great CARB legal works. All more i can say is check out his shop Caddy and/or Silverado.

Good luck in resolving your electrical issues on your SS Hambo

Sold 2010 6.2L V8 6M SS/RS Cyber Grey Metallic
1LE Track Pack, DiabloSport Jammer CAI, Stage1 CAM, Ported & Polished Heads, HD LS3 Timing Chain, Melling High Volume Oil Pump, LS7 Lifters, BTR Trunnion Upgrade, LS3 Springs & Pushrods, JBA Shorty Silver ceramic Headers, Granatelli high temp blue wires w/ Fire sleeves, Borla S-type CAT back, MGW black Flat short throw shifter, Custom Calibration/tune
Mojave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 09:39 AM   #3
HAMBO

Drives: Supercharged 2013 AGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojave13 View Post
Many thanks for your thread on CARB legal mod’s Hambo. Great contribution to our section of C5. Yes, i’ve got two Performance shop recommendations that i’ve had great experiences with in LA/OC area;

Electrical GRC Performance; I also was having some electrical issues w/ various fuel injector codes. Team diagnosed it to frayed wire harness after 130k miles on clock. My experience with Humberto was great he did excellent electrical troubleshoot works. It’s been several thousand miles since their electrical troubleshoot - no more injector code. I'm leaning towards his shop to do my suspension project

Mechanical New Era Performance; I see your Supercharged. Alex specializes in GM everything from building LS/LT engines to boosting them. He’ll tell you upfront he is busy. He rebuilt top-end of my LS3 after i ran into a cylinder 2 problem. It’s been 17k miles since the project; the NA performance gains noted in signature was amazingly great CARB legal works. All more i can say is check out his shop Caddy and/or Silverado.

Good luck in resolving your electrical issues on your SS Hambo
Great! Thanks a lot for the recommendations Mojave13!
SLP TVS2300, Edge CAI, 3" Magnaflow catback, BC Racing BR series coilovers, HRE FF15's (20x10 square) with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's, GM STB, BMR front and rear sway bars and toe links, Prothane subframe bushings and front control arm inserts, JDP rear upper control arm bushings, Elite Engineering catch can. Tuned by Cunningham Motorsports.
1967 Bolero Red 396 SS/RS Convertible
HAMBO is offline   Reply With Quote