Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-23-2011, 10:28 AM   #43
super60
Built with Pride "Oshawa"

Drives: 2011 Chev Silverado Z71 Crew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
I've posted it before, the passenger seat height is probably THE reason we bought the Sky over a Camaro. In all the trips we've been able to take in all sorts of Camaros, Mrs. Number 3 was never able to enjoy them unless she was driving. She simply couldn't see over the I/P and enjoy the ride.

And that being said, having worked on airbags, seat belts and done crash testing, and having a good working knowledge in what the sensors in the seat are there to do and how they work, I would NEVER modify the seat with washers or spacers. It's been my clear recommendation to Camaro5 from the begining of this issue.

Simply put you won't have a validated solution, you won't even know how durable your solution is over the years of use. And you are simply putting anyone in that seat at risk if you've modified it for height. And if you happen to have an accident and your passenger is injured, and if you aren't related to them, I can see the you spending time in court trying to defend your engineering work.

It's likely why GM hasn't just simply slapped a passenger seat in the car with height adjustment. If it's hard for GM to do, that should be your idicator right there.
I agree 100% Please DO NOT MODIFY your factory installed seat with spacer's or washers . As fbod has stated the results could be a disaster !!

Super60

In Memory of Dawson Ellert .
super60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:21 PM   #44
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
It may be trivial to some of you, but it is a big deal to those who are on the shorter side and cannot see over the dash. I will be waiting to see what the electric passenger seat costs, and if I have a job, to replace mine. My 5' 3" girlfriend can only see the dash and she then gets car sick on longer, curvy, drives. Yes, I bought her a small cushion seat, but that gets annoying after a while. Again, many do not need this, or any, solution, but it really does make a difference for some.
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:27 PM   #45
born-to-fish-

Drives: Fifty 2SS Vert
I have a booster seat from when my daughter was young. Free to anyone who wants it
born-to-fish- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:52 PM   #46
fad1

Drives: Future 5th gen Camaro
Does the 2LT and/or 2SS model have adjustable passenger seats?
Old 01-23-2011, 01:04 PM   #47
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Only the seatback recline is powered for the passenger seat.
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 01:09 PM   #48
LS 1st gen
Kept the Faith.

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS
Send a message via AIM to LS 1st gen
Some of you guys need to lay off the OP. You have GM in this thread admitting its a problem.

Let's all hope for a solution for a problem that we all know exists.

Hell, my wife is 5'10 and she still hates how "low" the seat feels.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:10 PM   #49
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Mrs. Number 3 is 5' 2". Sitting in the passenger seat affords a very nice view of the instrument panel. So when you are riding in the passenger seat do you like to enjoy the view? or just sit there and look at the floor? The passenger seat is essentially the equivalent to full down on the adjustable drivers seat.
I am 5"3 & i didnt have a problem in Thor when Scott gave me a quick ride (oh maybe 500 feet lol) of course I wasnt thinking then, I was OMG I AM RIDING IN THOR

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 01:15 PM   #50
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS 1st gen View Post
Some of you guys need to lay off the OP. You have GM in this thread admitting its a problem.

lol tell her to ride in a corvette

Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Old 01-23-2011, 01:22 PM   #51
LS 1st gen
Kept the Faith.

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS
Send a message via AIM to LS 1st gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroczlover View Post
lol tell her to ride in a corvette
The beltline in a 'Vette is much lower than a 5th-gen, so the effect is not as prominent.

Plus she would be too busy recovering from the 'vette-gasm she would be having to care.

(she desperately wants a Jetstream Blue 'vert.)
Old 01-23-2011, 01:29 PM   #52
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Quote:
The beltline in a 'Vette is much lower than a 5th-gen, so the effect is not as prominent.

Plus she would be too busy recovering from the 'vette-gasm she would be having to care.

(she desperately wants a Jetstream Blue 'vert.)
but still it feels like you are sitting on the road lol. believe me I drive 2 of them lol

Old 01-23-2011, 01:35 PM   #53
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbm457 View Post
If it truly bothers you that much maybe you should sell your car. People can nit pick a car to death. Yes the Camaro has some annoyances, or personality quirks, but every car does. Live with it, or leave it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckaram View Post
To the OP, what a truly worthwhile post. Maybe you should PM fbodfather instead of calling him out for all to see? Respect?

Can you put up some more pics of the towel on the passenger seat? Maybe from different angles? We still don't understand the issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by born-to-fish- View Post
I have a booster seat from when my daughter was young. Free to anyone who wants it
Wow. Well I hope you guys never have any complaints or issues with your Camaros. If you do, please post them here so that everyone can ridicule you and your concern.

I think the OP does have some valid points, whether or not they went about getting more information in the right way. It would certainly be nice to see people be respectful and not making fun of or belittling a fellow Camaro owner's concerns.

Camaro5 needs to be a place where we can share and commiserate on our issues, and not have to worry about being attacked by others because of an issue that they are experiencing with the car.

/rant off
Toasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:36 PM   #54
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
Wow. Well I hope you guys never have any complaints or issues with your Camaros. If you do, please post them here so that everyone can ridicule you and your concern.

I think the OP does have some valid points, whether or not they went about getting more information in the right way. It would certainly be nice to see people be respectful and not making fun of or belittling a fellow Camaro owner's concerns.

Camaro5 needs to be a place where we can share and commiserate on our issues, and not have to worry about being attacked by others because of an issue that they are experiencing with the car.

/rant off
Quote:

Glad there are enough level headed people here to out number the...... well you know.
Guess you have to take the good with the bad, it is a public forum.

I asked a simple question to a specific person and look what I got. All other questions on this subject were asked publicly, any of you can search the old threads. Search "Passenger Seat".
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...+height&page=6

On subject though, I was just hoping they were working on a safe, simple, spacer, or rail re-design fix we all could use. Not a complicated, costly, power seat option.

Last edited by TooCool5; 02-03-2011 at 08:13 AM.
TooCool5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:54 PM   #55
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooCool5 View Post
Glad there are enough level headed people here to out number the...... well you know.
Guess you have to take the good with the bad, it is a public forum.

I asked a simple question to a specific person and look what I got. All other questions on this subject were asked publicly, any of you can search the old threads. Search "Passenger Seat".

On subject though, I was just hoping they were working on a safe, simple, spacer, or rail re-design fix we all could use. Not a complicated, costly, power seat option.
i venture to bet that it will be a power seat option... typically that's the only way passenger side seats are adjustable. We won't know until after 2012's are on lots, in both LS and LT/SS models to see if there is a height difference on the non-adjustable models in comparison, both between the different 2012 models, and the 2010/11's.
Toasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:08 PM   #56
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooCool5 View Post
I asked a simple question to a specific person and look what I got.
Ok The person you asked, as I said is not in charge of the Camaro.Hes on here to let us know whats going on, in the world of Camaro & its great that GM allows him to be on the forums.

You demanded that he stand by his word, which all he can do is either you that they are working on it (which I am sure they are) or that he can pass it on to who can do something about it.

For some of us Scott isnt a source of information hes a friend, one that if he gives us information, its kewl but if he chooses not to its great.