Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-21-2010, 02:43 AM   #1
Sully

Drives: Orange 2SS/RS LS3
wow this car attracts WAY to much attention...

Ok, long story short, i met a girl 2 days ago, we were gonna go out tonight... i was on my way to pick her up and it was kinda tricky to find her place (plus i've got a girl giving me directions... go figure) anyway i end up turning around once and going into the wrong complex once until i finally get close, then have to turn around again.... and then.... lights in my rear view...wtf
apparently i got pulled over for "suspicion of evading police" really?! is this a real thing? haha... i think you would know if i was evading you cause im pretty sure if i wanted to outrun a cop i could (not that i would ever even attempt it, but still) i guess he was down the street oncomming when i made the first turn-around and followed me from there. so i politely explain im picking up this girl for the first time, blah blah blah and lets me off
but wow this car attracts ALOT of attention. i dont even wanna get tints or exhaust anymore just for that reason... thank god i've got a firefighter ID to get me out of the silly stuff

just a funny story i thought i would share

anyone else get pulled over for super random stuff? im sure we'll have a few more funny stories
Sully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:47 AM   #2
Brokenlizrd

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black/Charcoal
Send a message via Skype™ to Brokenlizrd
Ummmm... On-star turn by turn? Lol
Brokenlizrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:48 AM   #3
StuntmanMike

Drives: Impressive. Scary tends to impress.
"Suspicion of evading police?"

I'd be like "Dude, I'm not doing anything wrong. Why the hell would I try to evade you? Ego much?"
StuntmanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:50 AM   #4
Sully

haha, yea or my Tom Tom... but she gave me a general idea where she was and then i called when i got closer, but she was so far off i was already past her place when i called... however when i asked east or west side of the street she knew that so i'll give her credit
Old 04-21-2010, 02:55 AM   #5
Sully

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
"Suspicion of evading police?"

I'd be like "Dude, I'm not doing anything wrong. Why the hell would I try to evade you? Ego much?"
yea his exact quote was "i thought you were trying to loose us" or something to that effect... in my head i thought "really?"
its a little suburb outside of the city so they make their money on every little ticket they can write... if i was the cop i would have known i was lost just by me turning around on a random block, pulling into some crazy church assisted living type complex and then turning in at the very next apartment complex... it was 2 younger cops so they kinda laughed about it thank god, but still i've had cops follow me before during the day when i was doing nothing wrong and shifting at 2K
i guess thats what you get for having a nice car and being young
Old 04-21-2010, 02:55 AM   #6
Brokenlizrd

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black/Charcoal
Send a message via Skype™ to Brokenlizrd
What county?
Brokenlizrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:02 AM   #7
Sully

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokenlizrd View Post
What county?
i live in the city of chicago (cops are pretty laid back and have better things to worry about, you can get away with 15 over and they wont even look twice) but i was in Crestwood which is not huge, but when compared to the city its small and they basically pay their payroll by writing every ticket they can (or at least thats how my dad explained it, he was a cop for the city for years)

i guess i can see how it was kinda shady the way i was driving because i obviously didnt know were i was going, but i dont think i ever broke 35 mph at any point in time

i just didnt get were he thought i was trying to "evade" him haha
Old 04-21-2010, 03:10 AM   #8
AlSuwaidi

Drives: BLACK LS3 GCC-Spec
funny story!
AlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:21 AM   #9
Big Brunsy

Drives: 2010 supercharged LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully View Post
Ok, long story short, i met a girl 2 days ago, we were gonna go out tonight... i was on my way to pick her up and it was kinda tricky to find her place (plus i've got a girl giving me directions... go figure) anyway i end up turning around once and going into the wrong complex once until i finally get close, then have to turn around again.... and then.... lights in my rear view...wtf
apparently i got pulled over for "suspicion of evading police" really?! is this a real thing? haha... i think you would know if i was evading you cause im pretty sure if i wanted to outrun a cop i could (not that i would ever even attempt it, but still) i guess he was down the street oncomming when i made the first turn-around and followed me from there. so i politely explain im picking up this girl for the first time, blah blah blah and lets me off
but wow this car attracts ALOT of attention. i dont even wanna get tints or exhaust anymore just for that reason... thank god i've got a firefighter ID to get me out of the silly stuff

just a funny story i thought i would share

anyone else get pulled over for super random stuff? im sure we'll have a few more funny stories
outrun a cop, perhaps. Outrun his radio, I'm thinking not.
Big Brunsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:30 AM   #10
Sully

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brunsy View Post
outrun a cop, perhaps. Outrun his radio, I'm thinking not.
haha! yea, and plus being in such an obvious car doesnt help... i would NEVER even think of trying to run from the lights, but seriously, i never went over 35 mph as i was trying to read addresses and trying to figure out where the hell this girl was telling me to go.

i just ment it in a way that a cruiser wouldnt be able to catch a camaro, and that i was in NO WAY trying to "evade" him...
1 on 1... im sure the camaro would destroy a crown vic... however its not 1 on 1... its 1 vs alot with radios haha...

i was just sayin...ya know?! haha
Old 04-21-2010, 03:38 AM   #11
Big Brunsy

Drives: 2010 supercharged LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully View Post
haha! yea, and plus being in such an obvious car doesnt help... i would NEVER even think of trying to run from the lights, but seriously, i never went over 35 mph as i was trying to read addresses and trying to figure out where the hell this girl was telling me to go.

i just ment it in a way that a cruiser wouldnt be able to catch a camaro, and that i was in NO WAY trying to "evade" him...
1 on 1... im sure the camaro would destroy a crown vic... however its not 1 on 1... its 1 vs alot with radios haha...

i was just sayin...ya know?! haha
I know, wasn't suggesting you were gonna try it or anything. Would especially not recomend trying it in the Chicago area. I've got away from the cops a couple times (back when i was a stupid high school punk), but only because it was a sure thing. Around here the radio isn't near as quick as say Chicago. The next officer could be 20-30 miles away.
Big Brunsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:10 AM   #12
Chief Bob

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 SIM CTF Car M6
Trying to evade in a bright orange Camaro--now that is funny!

Chief Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:42 AM   #13
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
So how did the date go? lol.....

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:57 AM   #14
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Know the feeling well, every time the wife and I take both cars out and play follow the leader we always get followed by one or two cops. They seem to think we are going to start racing or causing trouble of some sort. Kind of cracks me up, and I hope it's her that gets the first ticket, she's kinda hard to keep up with at times ...