Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 04-16-2018, 08:13 AM   #15
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

Drives: 2020 red hot 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
Post up a review when you do - I'm leaning strongly towards these for my next set of all-arounders.

You will love them for an all around tire. They grip well. Even in cold weather. They handle rain extremely well and the ride quality is excellent as well. I am extremely happy with the Firehawk indy tires. They also look great!!
Venomcustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 09:54 AM   #16
608RS

Drives: 2015 2ss
Quote:
Post up a review when you do - I'm leaning strongly towards these for my next set of all-arounders.
will do, since my car doesn't see any severe weather i'm mainly looking forward to the dry/summer performance. Coming from the stock 1LE / ZL1 setup (Eagle F1's) i've heard nothing but great things. I should be getting these installed in another month or so, but i'll be happy to share once i've gotten some miles on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomcustom View Post
You will love them for an all around tire. They grip well. Even in cold weather. They handle rain extremely well and the ride quality is excellent as well. I am extremely happy with the Firehawk indy tires. They also look great!!
^pretty much what i see from everyone else who has them, thanks for the feedback!

2015 Camaro 2ss, NicKey Performance built/tuned
608RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 10:46 AM   #17
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 608RS View Post
will do, since my car doesn't see any severe weather i'm mainly looking forward to the dry/summer performance. Coming from the stock 1LE / ZL1 setup (Eagle F1's) i've heard nothing but great things. I should be getting these installed in another month or so, but i'll be happy to share once i've gotten some miles on them.

^pretty much what i see from everyone else who has them, thanks for the feedback!
Yea - I don't see severe weather ever, but I do see cool temps - that's what interests me the most. I know the Nitto 555 G2 works nicely in cooler temps, sort of what I'm weighing against the Indy 500 as my next option.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 07:13 PM   #18
camfwin

Drives: 15 Camaro Z28
The cops still watch the dragon and aren't shy about ruining your day, keep an eye out for the occasional 18 wheeler, they are illegal but a few still run the road by mistake, Depending on the weather there will be a lot of bikes as well as the errant 4 wheeler that takes his lane and half of yours. I'm sure you'll find some other roads that are just as good and less crowded. Enjoy.
camfwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 10:48 PM   #19
608RS

Quote:
so i'm a man of my word. today i picked up my car from the shop with the Indy 500 tires installed, and WOW is all i can say! Today in Chicago we ranged from 50 - 40 degree weather throughout the evening/night and i can honestly say i am beyond satisfied with the performance of this tire, given the cool weather! I can totally see how the ZL1 guys on this forum say this tire "gives them a 1st gear again" because i can hook again! I'm sure you'll have the same opinion, for the price i don't think you can get much better than this.

Old 04-20-2018, 07:30 AM   #20
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I installed a set of the Nitto G2s an so far pretty pleased I’m able to take corners with a lot more confidence. Prior set was the 20x9 on all four corners with 275 Firestone Wide Ovals they road good and I got a lot of miles out them. The only issue I have with my Nittos is there’s a vibe that starts around 47 and goes into sixty. I’ve had the car aligned an no fix there so going back to the tire place for a rebalance this weekend. But so far I like the tires and think they will do well at the track. An the vibe is not present past 100 mph either!!
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 10:10 AM   #21
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
so i'm a man of my word. today i picked up my car from the shop with the Indy 500 tires installed, and WOW is all i can say! Today in Chicago we ranged from 50 - 40 degree weather throughout the evening/night and i can honestly say i am beyond satisfied with the performance of this tire, given the cool weather! I can totally see how the ZL1 guys on this forum say this tire "gives them a 1st gear again" because i can hook again! I'm sure you'll have the same opinion, for the price i don't think you can get much better than this.
That's good input. Sounds like the Indy 500 and 555 G2 are pretty comparable, but the Indy 500 is a better value.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 03:03 PM   #22
608RS

Quote:
That's good input. Sounds like the Indy 500 and 555 G2 are pretty comparable, but the Indy 500 is a better value.
yea, especially the price!

Old 04-20-2018, 04:48 PM   #23
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

Drives: 2020 red hot 1SS 1LE
Quote:
yea, especially the price!
My wife works for corporate Bridgestone so my cost with mounting, balancing and roadside hazard was $619 out the door. I surely can't complain!!
Venomcustom is offline   Reply With Quote