Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-01-2012, 12:37 PM   #1
Taltuu

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
Thanks ********! My Camaro now has bass!

Just wanted to throw a thanks out to Steve @ ******** for all of his help in getting my order out to me very fast. The package did not disappoint. It was very easy to install, though I did have a friend help because I have never done this before.

I went with the Dual 12" package for the trunk pass through. I had Steve swap out the rear facing box for the new front facing box. I love the system, and cannot believe the sound I am getting out my car now.

I would highly recommend getting your subwoofer upgrade from ********. Thanks again Steve.
Attached Images

Taltuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:49 PM   #2
Steve@Subthump
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS IOM Vert
You are welcome. More proof to all the naysayers. Job well-done
Steve@Subthump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:28 PM   #3
mycamaro2011

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Victory Red
So is front facing better than rear facing whats the diff?
mycamaro2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:04 PM   #4
Taltuu

I'm no expert, but I went with the front facing because to me it makes sense that it will sound better if the speaker is pointed toward you. Also, with the back seat down the speakers are right there, not just pounding in the trunk.

Now that they are in, I am very happy that I did get the front facing. People love it when we are in the car, and they can look back and see how much the speakers are moving. There is a very noticeable difference from when the back seat is up vs. down. My 8 year old daughter tells me to turn the back massager on for her.

I can't say it's absolutely better than rear facing as this is really the first system I've had with sub woofers in my car. But, if I had to do it again....

I wouldn't change a thing.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:48 PM   #5
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Great install!
Old 08-13-2012, 03:59 PM   #6
Forte

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS CGM W/ Black Stripes
Is this connected with the T harness? Still using stock amp on the other speakers? If so, does this completely drown them out or is it alright? BA system?
Forte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:12 PM   #7
EDWEIRD

Drives: 2011 Camaro V6
Send a message via Skype™ to EDWEIRD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltuu View Post
I'm no expert, but I went with the front facing because to me it makes sense that it will sound better if the speaker is pointed toward you. Also, with the back seat down the speakers are right there, not just pounding in the trunk.

Now that they are in, I am very happy that I did get the front facing. People love it when we are in the car, and they can look back and see how much the speakers are moving. There is a very noticeable difference from when the back seat is up vs. down. My 8 year old daughter tells me to turn the back massager on for her.

I can't say it's absolutely better than rear facing as this is really the first system I've had with sub woofers in my car. But, if I had to do it again....

I wouldn't change a thing.
Guys,

The way that sound (especially bass) works, is that the sound waves travel from the voicecoil outward, like dropping a rock in a pool. Bass waves are louder and more easily felt by humans when they are wider, so facing the speakers backwards allows the wave to travel more (it hits the back wall of the car and bounces forwards).

It all depends on the type of music you listen to as to what is best. Most likely, if you stand about a car's length ahead of your car and wind the windows down, you'll hear the bass better outside of the car than inside when the subs face forward.

Either way - you can't go wrong with the setup, its going to bump.

Ed
EDWEIRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:33 PM   #8
Taltuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte View Post
Is this connected with the T harness? Still using stock amp on the other speakers? If so, does this completely drown them out or is it alright? BA system?
The package from ******** came with a T Harness. It was very easy, it plugged into the stock amp from my BA system, and then accepted the plug that had been pulled out of the stock amp.

The bass does not drown out the other speakers at all. In fact I think the other speakers now sound a lot better. The bass can at time be a little overwhelming, but that can be easily fixed by adjusting the tone on the head unit. I did have a friend help me tune the amp when we installed the speakers. I like where it is set, because I can really control it well right from the head unit.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:42 PM   #9
s3th

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT1
Facing the subs forward imo will sound good when the seats are down, but when you put the seats up it is going to reduce the sound a lot. So to fix my problem, I faced my one 12" to the rear and even with the seats up it hits significantly harder. I was thinking about the boxes from ********, but the mounting dept on the one 12" ported is to small for the sub I want. :/
s3th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:54 PM   #10
Forte

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS CGM W/ Black Stripes
Think I'll go with the two 12 rear firing
Forte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:03 PM   #11
Taltuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte View Post
Think I'll go with the two 12 rear firing
I'm sure it will sound great. Let us know how it goes for you once they're in.