Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-20-2013, 01:38 PM   #29
InvaderMoose

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM
had it for two years, eventually the EXTREMELY loud exhaust (ask sc2150 on the forum. it was loud.) started giving me toothaches and headaches from hearing it so often. For the first year and a half I loved the exhaust, but I got used to it since the car was my daily driver, so all i started seeing in it were negatives. Starting it up on my way to work at 6 am is the equivalent to someone waking you up by screaming in your ear.

The car was supercharged and made about 600 horsepower which was awesome till stuff started breaking and I ran into a million problems. Eventually I was repairing something every 2 or 3 weeks. It took 2 months just to solve one problem that turned out to be a MAP sensor, but I almost replace the entire ECU because NO ONE could pin it down, so I just guessed.

Another big thing was how paranoid I was. When you spend 2 years completely customizing the car, and I mean COMPLETELY. Like, I repainted the entire thing, new spoiler, new front bumper, new hood, custom wheels that took 6 months to make, and all this stuff. I got really paranoid of leaving it anywhere or even driving it. I knew if anyone hit me or i got in a wreck, i'd be paying TONS to fix it and get it exactly how it was.

I couldn't drive it in the rain because of traction, and I could have fixed this by buying suspension components, but I was already spending so much to maintain it (dont forget the 8mpg cause of how rich i had it running), I didnt want to put even more into it.

If this was a weekend car or a track car, I would still have it, but I just couldn't live with it anymore. I had to get something else. I wound up with a 2008 BMW M3 and a 2012 Maserati Granturismo. If I'm completely honest, I wish I kept it. I miss the car. I shouldn't have sold something I put so much work into. Should've bought the M3 and kept the Camaro as a weekender

Quote:
To be honest if you show how desperate and willing you are to buy the car, than that only raises the value that much more. Am I wrong?
I'm not desperate, I'm just trying to locate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKSS View Post
Same exact car was totalled a few months back. Decided to take it out in the rain, lol.
Doubt it. If you have proof, that'd be something to see.

Engine/Appearance: 530 RWHP
Whipple supercharger, Full JBA Exhaust, Ported TB, Cold Air Inductions & ADM Scoop /Complete new paint, 20" Forgestar F14s, Sinister hood, SLP Spoiler, AAC Halos, P13W Fogs

Last edited by InvaderMoose; 03-20-2013 at 09:22 PM.
InvaderMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:43 PM   #30
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodyauto View Post
Umm couldn't running a car fax on the cars vin help you? It should list the different owners? At least it used to.... If you don't have you vin pull up some old insurance info and you could find it.
As far as I know Carfax only gives the number of owners and location it was registered. No actual ownership info is given out.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:43 PM   #31
InvaderMoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
As far as I know Carfax only gives the number of owners and location it was registered. No actual ownership info is given out.
I ran a carfax and you are right. No personal info is given. It's a privacy act. you used to be able to call a DMV and they would tell you who the past owner was, but not anymore. Even if I buy a copy of the title it will have the owners name marked out.

Whipple supercharger, Full JBA Exhaust, Ported TB, Cold Air Inductions & ADM Scoop /Complete new paint, 20" Forgestar F14s, Sinister hood, SLP Spoiler, AAC Halos, P13W Fogs
Old 03-20-2013, 01:46 PM   #32
SIM Curly

Drives: Silver 1LT 2011 camaro
Hope you find it! off note have any pics of the 2012 Maserati Granturismo I like the looks of those cars.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:47 PM   #33
TPAJETSKI

Drives: Camaro
The way you describe it sounds like you hated the car when you had it. Headaches, toothaches, 8mpg, broken components, etc. I'd say good riddance. But, I understand having an affection for certain things. Good luck in your search! Try searching e-bay and autotrader, maybe you'll get lucky and it is for sale.
TPAJETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:50 PM   #34
InvaderMoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM Curly View Post
Hope you find it! off note have any pics of the 2012 Maserati Granturismo I like the looks of those cars.
Yes, sir.

Also found some more pictures of the camaro. just look at that paint.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:51 PM   #35
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvaderMoose View Post
I ran a carfax and you are right. No personal info is given. It's a privacy act. you used to be able to call a DMV and they would tell you who the past owner was, but not anymore. Even if I buy a copy of the title it will have the owners name marked out.
When I bought my Saturn Vue the previous owner had left a copy of the registration in the glovebox, I looked their name and address up on the internet and found their phone number, I called them and got the background on the car and their reason for selling it. The dealer won't even give out the sellers name and phone number any more.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:54 PM   #36
SIM Curly

Nice the Maserati looks great! Paint on the camaro is nice too my favorite color but wasnt available at the time I got mine.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:00 PM   #37
BlueSteele

Drives: 2010 Camaro
You could try doing a VIN lookup on carfax or something?
Old 03-20-2013, 02:07 PM   #38
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Hey there Moose. Long time no see.

I remember your SS alright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveagogo1 View Post
Wiregrass show is coming up Apr 27. Never know it might be out there.
I'll be there. In the rare case that I see it, I'll be one of the many people to let you know. But I've never seen it there before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSteele View Post
You could try doing a VIN lookup on carfax or something?
This was already suggested, and OP did it. Carfax will give you a vehicle report, but it won't give you any information about the previous owner(s).
Old 03-20-2013, 02:10 PM   #39
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Good luck, man!

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:11 PM   #40
InvaderMoose

I may head on over to wiregrass. I just finished the Sarasota Exotic Fest rally. Was a blast. I dont want to derail this topic though. I'm really wanting to hear from QUICKSS. I have a feeling hes just messing with me saying he saw it totaled, but hopefully I'll hear back.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:14 PM   #41
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvaderMoose View Post
I may head on over to wiregrass. I just finished the Sarasota Exotic Fest rally. Was a blast. I dont want to derail this topic though. I'm really wanting to hear from QUICKSS. I have a feeling hes just messing with me saying he saw it totaled, but hopefully I'll hear back.
Do you plan on taking your Maserati? That'll get a ton of attention. You could also ask people if they've seen the car there.

He's probably just messing with you.. Hopefully.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:14 PM   #42
SIM Curly

I know this will be a really long shot but maybe try checking hashtags on instagram?