Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 03-20-2016, 06:11 AM   #1
alice

Drives: 2010 camaro limited edition turbo
BOSCH ECM QUESTION

I am in the process of installing a 2014 LFX engine with automatic transmission into a 2010 LLT. All mechanical logistics are worked out and completed. The LFX engine harness plugs into the LLT body receptacles perfectly and all wires are the same, as far as circuit numbers and description, so that hurdle is complete, as well. I built a engine/transmission stand for the new LFX, so we can put it beside the LLT vehicle and plug it into the body plugs.

We made an attempt to load a stock GM program into the LFX Delphi ECM. Communications between the engine and the vehicle was established, so that hurdle is complete. So, we tried to load the stock 2014 LFX GM program from the GM server and a SECURITY window popped up to prevent us from downloading the program because it recognized that the 2014 VIN did not match the program requirements for the 2010 VIN. We were forced to stop at that point.

I know MagnumForceGB is very knowledgeable with programming and certainly, there are others on the forum that might be able to help me figure out how to overcome this security issue. Would someone chime in and offer a solution to this issue? This is a first conversion and many Camaro owners of LLT's would benefit if a solution to this problem can be achieved. I have attached a picture of the LFX engine/transmission on it's roller cradle for your interest. And for those who are not aware, my LLT is a twin turbo vehicle. I want to twin turbo the LFX when the transplant is complete but, of course, first, we have to load a stock GM program into the Delphi and be sure all LLT body modules are happy, then we can program the ECM for FI.

Much appreciation for any input.
Attached Images

alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 09:13 AM   #2
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Can't help a bit with the issue (sorry) but I just have to say that has to be the most labor intensive, time consuming, and expensive V6 in the world!

And it looks great too!

I'm sure with what you've already accomplished, you will overcome this hurdle as well. And as you say, a lot of others would really benefit from this info down the road when their 2010 LLT needs replaced. Having a LFX option would be great.

Keep up the good work!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 06:04 PM   #3
alice

I certainly appreciate the compliment! Yes, you are correct about the investments in all areas. Im a retired engineer and I have a high level of tenacity for accomplishing difficut challenges. This coversion project is certainly the biggest challenge of my career. I'm still at it and hope that others can input some help. If not, I will try to figure it myself, if it is even possible. Takes so much time. I will keep you posted.

Last edited by alice; 03-24-2016 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-24-2016, 07:43 PM   #4
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Only thing I can think of is taking the ECU, putting it into a 2014 V6 car and flashing it to match that VIN, then change the VIN to the 2010 with HP Tuners and remove it and try it in the LLT.
Old 03-24-2016, 10:53 PM   #5
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Cripes that's a lot of gauges.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 01:50 AM   #6
2ss-booya

Drives: 2015 SS Sedan M6
I think you need more stickers....
2ss-booya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 06:40 AM   #7
alice

MagnumForceGB, That is almost exactly what we are doing. The only difference is we are not going to program the ECM in a 2014 vehicle, we are doing it on the bench. Thanks for chiming in. Sounds like a very real possibility to achieve our goal. Since VATS is part of so many body modules, we are also going to disable it in the 2010 Camaro so security won't create any hidden issues with this transplant. Hopefully, this will move us one step closer to success.
Old 03-25-2016, 07:10 AM   #8
alice

For those interested in the gauges and their functions, I will explain. As a pilot, I am used to an environment of real time data and have followed that concept on all the projects I have built in my career. No guessing what is happening in this Twin Turbo Camaro. My EFR turbochargers are rear mounted on this project with my own engineered Sequential system that utilize (1) turbo for low end power and an automatic control system that transitions the second turbo on line when higher power is demanded. No turbo lag on this machine! Acts like a roots blower. Anyway here are the gauge functions:

On the upper center of the dash are (7) gauges, left bank wide band A/F, right bank wide band A/F, vacuum/boost, turbine back pressure, ( for monitoring sequential back pressure) turbochargers oil pressure at point of use, exhaust temperature and primary fuel pump pressure.

Above the radio are (2) gauges, AEM boost controller and Sequential valve opening angle.

Above the speed/tach cluster is a Autometer G-tech for accurate power calculations and G-force acceleration.

On the left pillar are (3) gauge clusters, top is LED and alarm monitors for oil scavenge pump, low oil return rate from turbos to engine, water/meth injection LED indicators. The center gage is a Snow water/meth flow indicator and at the bottom is a PLX ODB2 gauge that monitors all engine data in real time, engine codes, etc.

Certainly a crazy, one of a kind project but a real fun car to drive and very fast. If the LFX transplant works, this will be a very rewarding project, to say the least.
Attached Images

Last edited by alice; 03-25-2016 at 07:44 AM. Reason: added pictures
Old 03-28-2016, 12:30 PM   #9
Pt_killa

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro V6
I have nothing to add to help solve your issue but I just wanted to say wow! I've been following your build for a while now and all these years I thought it was just a traditional parallel twin rear mount setup but a sequential twin rear mount is just amazing and super unique. Awesome car and awesome setup, must feel like you're back in a plane when driving around in that "cockpit". Hope you can solve the ECM equation!
(Sold Sept 2015) Stock 18" Heritage w/ BFG G-Force ZR tires / Blacked out bowties and tail lights / DIY Remote-Mount Turbo Kit (Precision 6776S .81ar ex. @ 6.5psi, Tial 38mm WG, Greddy Type-S BOV) / RX Catch Can / RX-FTI 3600 Stall / Blue Well Lights / Team LLT
Pt_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 07:34 PM   #10
alice

I appreciate your comments. Yes, it is really fun to drive. A real head turner. I am always amazed at how fast this car is. I never get tired of driving it. I have poured my heart and soul into this project and it has been very rewarding. I just love these 5th gen camaros!
Old 05-25-2016, 11:27 PM   #11
Synergy1911

Drives: 2011 1LT RS - Red Jewel
Any progress updates?
Synergy1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 05:49 AM   #12
alice

Funny you should ask! Just received a new ECM from Vince at Trifecta. He loaded a 2014 base program, Vin matched my LLT and disabled VATS. He is the only programmer I know who has been able to successfully do this without ODB2 access, which will not work from the LLT due to VIN/YEAR difference, thus, server locks out the ability to download a different program from the one allowed for that year and model Camaro.

This has been a long journey getting to this point. Vince was the original tuner for my twin turbo LLT way back in 2010. He is one of the most knowledgeable tuners I have talked to. We have been collaborating about this project for some time now and he told me he was able to do what others have not been able to do. He indicated that theoretically, I should be able to roll the LFX engine/transmission along side my LLT and plug it in and it should start the engine. Once we confirm that this step in the process can be accomplished, we can evaluate any other glitches and/or codes/incompatibilities and move on from that point. As Vince pointed out, even if it starts, we may still not be out of the woods until we know that all the BCM's are happy in the vehicle and proper communications are confirmed. Vince's main concern is the ECBM compatibility with this conversion, so we will see.

Vince is working with me on this project and I feel confident that if this transplant is possible, he will be the genius that makes it happen. He has done programming for me in the past and has always succeeded in dialing things in. I believe that he was the first programmer to crack the LLT/Bosch encrypted ECM and successfully manipulate programming. My twin turbo project was one of the first in 2010 and the program he supplied has flawlessly worked since. Driving on it everyday.

Because a holiday is coming up and my business workload is heavy, my plan is to attempt to give this a try in several weeks. It has taken me almost a year to get to this point so I am not going to rush this. Haste makes waste! I plan to video tape the trail attempt and record data to send back to Vince for evaluation. As Vince indicated, this is a first for a LLT/LFX transplant and uncharted territory for sure, so at this point we can only try it and see what happens. I can't thank Vince enough for taking on this project. In my opinion, if he can't make it work, nobody can!

I am so excited to have arrived at this point. I will keep everyone updated.