Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-30-2008, 07:13 PM   #1
kozzmo49

Drives: 2010 camaro ss rs
cyber grey

I went to the phx auto show and i must say that the camaro looks a million times better in person than in pics... no doubt about it. And i was looking at the cyber grey on the zr1 and i loved the color, but i did decide to change my order from cyber grey with white rallys to just cyber grey and no stripes. I dont think that vinyl decals on that mettalic and glittery of a paint will look very good. Do you guys agree or no?
kozzmo49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 07:21 PM   #2
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzmo49 View Post
I went to the phx auto show and i must say that the camaro looks a million times better in person than in pics... no doubt about it. And i was looking at the cyber grey on the zr1 and i loved the color, but i did decide to change my order from cyber grey with white rallys to just cyber grey and no stripes. I dont think that vinyl decals on that mettalic and glittery of a paint will look very good. Do you guys agree or no?
I think the stripes are a throwback to the original 1st gen so I like them a lot. I think they pay homage to the original. However, it also depends on the color of the car. I think the CGM with the black stripes will be hot.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 07:24 PM   #3
OldTimer

Drives: 2012 Victory Red ZL1 MG9
I was wondering the same thing kozzmo49. I am getting CGM and have started the process of getting an estimate of having silver stipes painted on from my dealer. Now I dont know if I want to get flat silver or silver ice metallic. I cant say I have ever seen metallic stripes on a metallic car. In any case, I am not going with any decals for now and will have painted stripes or none. Has anyone ever seen metallic stripes on a metallic body?
OldTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 07:28 PM   #4
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
I was wondering the same thing kozzmo49. I am getting CGM and have started the process of getting an estimate of having silver stipes painted on from my dealer. Now I dont know if I want to get flat silver or silver ice metallic. I cant say I have ever seen metallic stripes on a metallic car. In any case, I am not going with any decals for now and will have painted stripes or none. Has anyone ever seen metallic stripes on a metallic body?
hmm good question

cyber gray orange stripes? lol

i like the cyber gray by it self no stripes or maybe just hockey stripes Err idk?
Old 11-30-2008, 07:53 PM   #5
kozzmo49

yea i def dont think the vinyl will look good with the shine and glitter of the paint job, they would have to be painted on with some sort of metallic paint as well.. Im gonna wait and get no stripes for now and if i decide to get them later on ill get them
Old 11-30-2008, 07:57 PM   #6
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
I debated with the same thing and decided to go without stripes initially. I am getting IOM and actually thought black metallic or CGM stripes would be nice. But who knows? I might like the clean lines of the car without stripes at all. This way I can take my time to decide.
GrnMchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 08:05 PM   #7
MerlinZero
Big Orange

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Kozz, I totally agree, after I saw the corvette I think my CGM Camaro will be beautiful. Without the stripes.
MerlinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 08:22 PM   #8
kozzmo49

10-4.. glad alot of you agree cuz i was torn and didnt know what to do lol..when is the DEFINITE LATEST DATE to change ur order?
Old 11-30-2008, 08:41 PM   #9
bob2the2nd

Drives: CGM 2LT RS
is there any chance someone has seen more than just the vette in cyber gray and can tell me if the color appears differently on different cars? I was at my dealer on friday and saw cyber gray in the show room on a traverse and out in the parking lot (though it was at night so only lot lights) but it was nothing fancy. Out in the lot if you got within about 5 feet of the car you could see some metallic sparkle (not a lot), but in the show room you couldnt tell at all unless you were 6 inches from the car, other wise it just looked dark gray. I was really disappointed with the color in person. That said looking at the color swatches that were at the dealer the cyber gray blew me out of the water how metallic it was. Is the vette in person really as nice as the pictures make it out to be, and is it that much different than the color on a traverse?
bob2the2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 09:30 PM   #10
kozzmo49

yea i was thinking the same myself...i saw cyber grey on a traverse both inside and outside driving and to me it doesnt look the same as the corvette.. is it the corvette or the actual paint that is different?
Old 11-30-2008, 09:31 PM   #11
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
LOL, I was gonna say, if this thread had pics of the cyber grey camaro in it, and it was only titled, "cyber grey" i was gonna throw a fit. The title of that thread should be, "Finally! The Cyber Grey Metallic!"
Old 12-01-2008, 12:31 PM   #12
MerlinZero
Big Orange

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Kozz, the thread on the change order date I believe has it being the end of January...
MerlinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:39 PM   #13
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Late to the party,
but,

Cybergrey, no stripes.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote