Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer. College or NFL overtime?
NFL Sudden Death 12 52.17%
College Equal Spots 10 43.48%
Either Or........ like them both. 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2010, 07:57 AM   #15
springerpete
Orange GM freak

Drives: 2004 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-1SS-IBM View Post
Both.

Sudden death works for the NFL as they have the playoffs.

The college system works better for the NCAA as they don't have playoffs, so it's more important for each close game to be won based on merit as opposed to a coin toss.
You are not hearing the genius of this argument. He's saying that teams in the NFL get second chances due to the playoffs, rankings, and wild cards.

In the college world you don't get that luxury. Your chances for a NC are poll driven so are very subjective to winning everything and your geographical location.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:26 AM   #16
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaniacFan View Post
Neither is perfect. I don't like NFL, cause 85% of teams that win the coin toss win the game with the opposing team never getting to touch the ball - I don't like that. The game shouldn't ride on someone calling "Heads or Tails".

College, you only see primarily offense, limited defense and no special teams. But I prefer this over NFL - at least each team gets a chance on offense. Just my two cents.
But you must not have read my post.

Last year it was 50% to 50%

The teams that won the coing toss lost half the time.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:52 PM   #17
CJ Man
Missing my SS :(

Drives: 2012 Ford Explorer [ :( ]
I like the new NFL playoff system. It's stupid that it's not implemented in the regular season. It really is the favre rule. People where pissed that the saints got the ball in overtime and won and favre sat on the sidelines.

The old way doesn't bother me either. Both teams have 60 minutes to make a play. Your defense needs to step up in overtime.

Watch just because I said that the broncos will beat the jets this week in overtime
CJ Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:05 PM   #18
WhoDat24
Geaux Saints Geaux

Drives: Bumblebee. 2SS/RS (#88**)
Sudden death OT is the best. Pro athletes should get the job done in 60 minutes, or face the chance of losing in sudden death. Besides, as a previous poster stated, the games in the NFL were 50/50 about the team getting the ball first winning and vise versa. It just happens that the league changed the rule because of people saying Brett Favre should've had a chance in OT in the NFCCG last year. However, many seem to forget he had a perfect chance in regulation that game. Again, get the job done in 60 minutes, or risk sudden death in OT.

WhoDat24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:34 AM   #19
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Eh, it's easy to say "get it done in 60 minutes", but obviously neither team could do it in 60 minutes. And now-a-days, a defense who can stop a team from scoring or getting to the 30-35yd line, to me, is getting it done. Unfortunately, that's a fairly easy FG for most NFL kickers. The new playoff rule should be implemented in the regular season.