Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 03-03-2018, 10:16 PM   #1
Pro-tuned
Angewendet Ingenieur

Drives: 14 Camaro ZL1
Smile 2 inch Headers 3 inch exhaust

I managed to install a 2 inch set of Dynatech ceramic coated headers, 3 inch high flow cats, and full 3 inch dual tip Magnaflow exhaust system into my 2014 SS. Further to this replaced all underside bracing with custom braces without spacers. The only other issue will be the need to modify the rear housing behind the diff which is not present on the hardtop. Everything works better than expected. Special thanks to JRE and Kris who did all the prework including proper connection for wide band and proper joint modifications making it all bolt right in.
Attached Images

LQ9, Iron Block, Forged internals, 408CI, Jannetty custom cam, TS short block, Whipple, Hardened Jackshaft, PRC 260, 2X3 Dynatech Full Competition, HF Cats, CAI, NW 103, Chee, ID 1300, COPO Breather, MSD, Fore Dual Pump, ultratorque, E85, dual Meth, True Trac, 3:45, 1500hp axle-shafts, DSS CF, BMR, custom Pearl/Candy paint by Jaidah.
Pro-tuned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 10:22 PM   #2
Pro-tuned
Angewendet Ingenieur

Rear section
Attached Images

LQ9, Iron Block, Forged internals, 408CI, Jannetty custom cam, TS short block, Whipple, Hardened Jackshaft, PRC 260, 2X3 Dynatech Full Competition, HF Cats, CAI, NW 103, Chee, ID 1300, COPO Breather, MSD, Fore Dual Pump, ultratorque, E85, dual Meth, True Trac, 3:45, 1500hp axle-shafts, DSS CF, BMR, custom Pearl/Candy paint by Jaidah.
Old 03-03-2018, 11:48 PM   #3
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Looks like you've got the same setup I do. Sounds great, doesn't it?
EDIT: No cats on mine, though.
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 03:43 AM   #4
Pro-tuned
Angewendet Ingenieur

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbs View Post
Looks like you've got the same setup I do. Sounds great, doesn't it?
EDIT: No cats on mine, though.
Nice! I do have a different setup; 408CI LQ9 2.9 whipple with fore fuel system. Target is 800RWHP and I’m sure I will get there once tuning is completed. My plan is working on reducing boost (currently 15lbs) while retaining power. Need to check my torque numbers but not expecting much change. I am very pleased with the target and sound results. Has a deep rumble but an explosive sound above 3,000RPM. I installed the dual tip I bought the 1LE diffuser fits the SS and worked perfectly. I’ll see if I can post a sound clip as there are not many around. Overall very satisfied!
Nothing quiet about the 3 inch..
Old 03-05-2018, 07:35 AM   #5
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-tuned View Post
I managed to install a 2 inch set of Dynatech ceramic coated headers, 3 inch high flow cats, and full 3 inch dual tip Magnaflow exhaust system into my 2014 SS. Further to this replaced all underside bracing with custom braces without spacers. The only other issue will be the need to modify the rear housing behind the diff which is not present on the hardtop. Everything works better than expected. Special thanks to JRE and Kris who did all the prework including proper connection for wide band and proper joint modifications making it all bolt right in.
Thank you for your business Paul, Looks great.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 08:47 AM   #6
Pro-tuned
Angewendet Ingenieur

Thanks Ted!
Can’t emphasize enough of the importance of bracing the body on the vert, definetly will move over time. I custom made all the braces without spacers, it now is stronger than factory.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:13 AM   #7
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-tuned View Post
Come on lets hear it !
camguynj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 10:29 AM   #8
Pro-tuned
Angewendet Ingenieur

Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Come on lets hear it !
I’m working on it but wanna GoPro it!
Old 03-22-2018, 09:17 AM   #9
ZEN357

Drives: 1991 Z/28 Convertible
Nice upgrade! Looks awesome!
ZEN357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 05:24 PM   #10
Pro-tuned
Angewendet Ingenieur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEN357 View Post