Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 10:07 PM   #155
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
I find those that complain of this thread being worthless, continue to post in it. There's 10,000 + other threads to go to. Why keep coming back here if you aren't interested...?

And that ....blllloooowwwwssss my mother f in minddddd

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
Old 09-23-2010, 10:14 PM   #156
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
With a family tree deeply rooted of those sincerely dedicated to being of public service as LEO. Its easy appreciating what the good, honorable, and fair minded men and women among the group do and why............
Old 09-23-2010, 10:16 PM   #157
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
I find those that complain of this thread being worthless, continue to post in it. There's 10,000 + other threads to go to. Why keep coming back here if you aren't interested...?

And that ....blllloooowwwwssss my mother f in minddddd
You are going to have to point out to me where it was mentioned ANYWHERE that this thread was worthless....

In fact I believe I only stressed how it was ironic given the circumstances of how this site came too, but you are just one step ahead. Nothing gets past you..
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:55 PM   #158
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY
...this is my addiction!

Drives: SOLD
Iowa is gay
Old 09-23-2010, 11:04 PM   #159
Stett

Drives: 11 IBM 1LTRS, '89 Firebird Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Some of you guys remind me of this video ...

I would love to laugh at this, but the fact of the matter is that throughout this entire event, the officer could have no idea if this individual would turn and snap in a second.

A guy down on his luck for whatever reason and freaking out, or a kook with a gun. Afterall, the first thing he did was physically strike the officer.

Kudos to LEOs. Some of their fellow officers are undeniably less than pleasant, but then again so are those neighbors down the street. The rest of the block is great peoples. It's unfortunate though that a bad experience, whether first or second hand will often create a lasting belief that everyone else with a common description is an autonomous robot manufactured solely to pick on you. They are out to get you, only you...not him, you... /foilhat

Everyone is different and has their own personality. It's downright irresponsible to generalize groups of people based on the actions of a select few. Then again, everyone generalizes... (See wut I did thar?)

That's why I hate politics...

3000 - 7/28 - Order accepted by production control
3400 - 8/09 - Order broadcast
3800 - 8/17 - Order produced
9/02 - DELIVERED!
Old 09-24-2010, 09:24 AM   #160
~Stacy~
Banned

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
did you not present that note to them?
Yes. I always keep it in my glove box
Old 09-24-2010, 09:39 AM   #161
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Hey, I have no problem with cops at all. I have the utmost respect for what they do. I would always be respectful if I get pulled over. Now having said that, it is just plain stupid to give a ticket to an out of state driver for tint or license plate if they are following their state laws. It goes against every common sense fiber in my body. If anyone thinks that's stupid for me to get worked up over, that's your right, but it's how I feel. Again, I would not be disrespectful in any way towards the cop giving me this ticket, I would respectfully disagree and then fight that ticket later on.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:42 AM   #162
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Drives: A 2013 SS RS 6M SR
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
That was really good ... I miss O'le Paul Harvey, "now you know the rest of the story" ...
This world needs more Paul Harveys'

2G1FS1EWXD9163847

Old 09-27-2010, 06:00 PM   #163
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Got stopped today for nothing else but tints...got a fix it ticket for my side window tints today.

I did some research, and apparently the best work-around for illegal tints are:

1. If you get a ticket, have a friend cop sign off on it for you. (this is what I'll be doing)

2. Get a similar car from a friend, or a car lot and swap plates when you go to show the car at court(carmax lets you have the car for 3 days if you plan on buying it)

3. to prevent tickets, have an optometrist write a Doctor's note for you (you have sensitive eyes and get migraines due to sunlight)

Last edited by Moreno1; 09-27-2010 at 07:27 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:16 PM   #164
G10
GForce

Drives: 2010 Honolulu Blue 2LT M6
You shoulda gone on a high speed chase over it. Rules are for architects.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:19 PM   #165
G10
GForce

Drives: 2010 Honolulu Blue 2LT M6
3. to prevent tickets, have an optometrist write a Doctor's note for you (you have sensitive eyes and get migraines due to sunlight)

^^^ This is a good one. I sorta doubt cops would buy that from me though... Young handsome stud in a sick ass Camaro claymin' cataraz. Ha. Might be worth a try if you got a corrupt Doctor buddy.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:21 PM   #166
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by G10 View Post

^^^ This is a good one. I sorta doubt cops would buy that from me though... Young handsome stud in a sick ass Camaro claymin' cataraz. Ha. Might be worth a try if you got a corrupt Doctor buddy.
LOL, well hey, a doctor's note is legit

I think I'm gonna see about getting a note. I'm only concerned how it would affect my health/life insurance rates
Old 09-28-2010, 09:48 AM   #167
motor1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS/M6.....no longer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo View Post
Good Grief....... here we go again.......

You know your tint is illegal..... You got stopped and got a ticket for it. WTF is the problem here?

Grow up and start being responsible for god's sake. You chose to put on the illegal tint, no you have to answer for YOUR actions.
AMEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Well Since your tint may be illegal in your home state I would think twice before fighting it.. Now if your tint IS to legal status in your home state I would get documentation to prove it, then maybe it would be dismissed.. but didn't you say you were going there to your job? 60 miles into the state? how long have you been working there and how long will you be working there? You should always know the laws of the state you are driving through especially if you are doing it on a regular basis.. even something as simple as the tint laws, noise laws or right turn on red laws you need to know. Just a suggestion, Check up on it...
AMEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
I am not a tree sitting cop, I am assigned to patrol and drug enforcement...

Now I cannot speak for your state, but citations account for less than 3% of our budgetary chart. Police/Fire income is from property tax from homeowners and businesses...you can complain all you want about that issue, but that concept was created WELL before you and I were born...

I don't know where people get this idea we get directives or orders to "lower" our tolerances for what we cite. No one has ever told me I am required to issue citations...and that goes across the board for my agency, and we are large....traffic units, K9s, Patrol, supervisors all included...

The simple fact is there are a lot of cops out there for their own reasons issue tickets because they feel it is the RIGHT thing to do. Do I s--- myself when I see a trooper under a tree...sure...but ya know what..if I am doing 15-30 over on the interstate it is no single persons fault but MY OWN!! Before I was assigned to a specific unit and started off young I had my own assigned sector. When someone got robbed in that sector, it was my ass...when someone crashed into a tree because they took a curve too hard...it was MY ass again. So you know what I did...I stayed in the areas where that crap occurs, where the robberies happen and the crashes occur. If someone is going 20 over in that area, chances are they would get a ticket. Just to put it in perspective, I average 2 tickets a WEEK and about 30 warnings...but when someone deserves it or talks their way into a ticket so be it...problem is people take it extremely personal just getting stopped..even if they get a warning. We forget about it as soon as we leave because it is a JOB it is not personal and we don't think any less of people when they are honest mistakes....that is why the cop never recognizes you in the mall only 2 days later...

I understand you have been burned in the past and clearly can grasp the concept that issuing citations to people who blow red lights, speed, and have their tint darkened to a point that your respective state feels is UNSAFE to operate is for safety of people around you, but you probably just choose not to accept it....If your tint is illegal and the cop catches you at a red light side by side or under a tree what is the difference? It is illegal? Take responsibility for your actions..
AMEN, but you will figure out sooner or later that you are wasting your time trying to explain, only people who do not need the explanations in the first place actually take the time to read what you are saying, the others are too blind or incapable of getting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Most police officers are real people, and not given to trivial BS, but.... you can't pin a badge on just anyone, and some of them slip through the psychological testing.... unfortunately, some of them enjoy just that...torturing others, though they are very rare, and they are a cross section of society, not just police officers...

I refused to work with a paramedic years ago and reported him several times, for using medically inappropriate sized IV catheters...

We have a police officer in my town that seems to have specifically targeted my car for no front plate... Yes they are legally required, but show me any other Camaro or Corvette, and most Mustangs that have them. This includes the other officer in the same police department that owns a 2010 Camaro, with no front plate...

I spoke to the police chief, and in this town it isn't a fix-it-ticket...I then asked him about one of his officers that has no front plate on his Camaro.... No reply...

I have a photo of the police officer driving his Camaro with no front plate on public streets...

I have mounted my plate with a hide-a-plate. Unfortunately for the officer that has no front plate, if I get stopped for some other stupid triviality that is commited daily by others and not cited, I will be visiting the city manager and via him, the police chief again... I will explain to the officer that may get an at large ticket, exactly why and because of whom he is receiving his citation....

I would hate to resort to that, and probably still wouldn't... but I have options...
That is just a horrible example of a Police Chief, Police Department, etc. Nothing that I can say to make it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
The state makes money by telling their police force to write more tickets.

It's gotten to the point where it's just a revenue service for the government. Protector of the people? my ass... only some are there for the right reasons.

I feel bad for those cops that hide under trees, or wait inside a speed trap. How can they go home to their kids knowing that they are just extortioners of the public, and didn't really earn the food on the table like the honest man he legally "stole" the money from.

Laws, and stricter regulations just make it legal to steal.

I'm a salesman. I make money out of nothing. Pigs are the polar opposite of a salesman. They take peoples money to fuel government spending.

The state is in debt? No problem, let's lower the speed limit tolerance. After that, they lower the speed limit. Lets write more restrictive laws, and charge more fees.

I hate it...this is just something that gets my blood boiling. I don't know though, I've just learned this through my own observations and experience. If I'm wrong, can someone steer me in the right direction? and for the record, I'm not saying every cop... just those sleezebags who abuse the system and don't really uphold what it really should mean to be a police officer. Instead, they sleep under trees, and exploit speed traps...and the corrupt government in general lol
Speed zones reduce for a REASON, in my state there are WARNING signs BEFORE the actual speed limit sign. I agree that sitting 50' inside a zone is ridiculous but there has to be a REASONABLE distance to enforce the reduction, after all it reduces for a REASON. Where I work we have not seen a raise in 4 years, you think we actually wake up and want to generate revenue? Come on man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
That whole "officer safety" line is getting old... They chose their profession and accepted the risks...

Making it a law that all cars be made of mostly transparent materials would make their lives even more safe, but we don't see that happening.

Making it a law that no vehicle is allowed to have the ability (via governance) to exceed the highest posted speed limit would stop most high-speed chases -- again, don't see that happening.

Banning every potential lethal weapon for all civilians would prevent normal citizens from having the ability to shoot at police from their car under most circumstances -- but, most normal civilians aren't the ones doing that and criminals don't exactly care they're breaking the law.

I should be able to go without a front plate on my car and not have to drill holes and damage my car -- but, no, some LEOs out there like it on there for their purposes.

I should be able to dark tiny my windows -- but no, some LEOs out there cry fowl on their safety.
I am just at a loss on this one......

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Please watch this.
Thanks, I needed that.

Quote:
Got stopped today for nothing else but tints...got a fix it ticket for my side window tints today.

I did some research, and apparently the best work-around for illegal tints are:

1. If you get a ticket, have a friend cop sign off on it for you. (this is what I'll be doing)

2. Get a similar car from a friend, or a car lot and swap plates when you go to show the car at court(carmax lets you have the car for 3 days if you plan on buying it)

Seriously? After reading that I guess I understand the mentality.

There has to be a common sense approach to Law Enforcement. Where I live there is a huge Military Population with out of state registrations. They are usually here for years at a time. Would it be reasonable to just let them ignore Virginia Laws? NO. Would it be reasonable to ticket someone for tint who is just here on vacation for a short period of time? NO. Would it be reasonable to ticket those same people here for a short time for tint if they had 3% which is illegal EVERYWHERE? YES.......see where this is going? COMMON SENSE

Since I started coming here there are the SAME complaints about front tags, tint, speeding, etc etc etc. If you know that laws and CHOOSE to break them, then suck it up and pay the fine. Maybe I am missing something. Not all cops are honorable, intelligent, fair, or REASONABLE. There are bad ones and believe me, the good Cops despise them even more than you guys.

Last edited by motor1; 09-28-2010 at 10:02 AM.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:35 AM   #168
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
This doesn't get you out of tickets, there are quite a few threads on here about people getting tickets even with a note. Notes mean nothing, plus there are other things you will need. The doctors note does NOT allow you to put dark tint on the windshield so questions will be raised about why you don't have any effects while driving into the sun.

I had a friend in high school that was actually photosensitive. Normal tint does not prevent the specific rays that cause photosensitivity. You have to buy special tint that literally costs thousands and requires special permission and paperwork to buy. Also by federal law, you have to have special stickers put on the exterior of the car to inform emergency personnel that a photosensitive person could be in the car (again something that is not available to the public) and you have to wear a special id bracelet or necklace (again to inform emergency personnel of your condition).

Closed Thread