Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-02-2014, 07:16 PM   #1
camaromaybe
CamaroBaby

Drives: Silver 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Unhappy WTH Bluetooth connected while car off

I have a 2010 Camaro 2LT RS. After just being quoted with a $1600 to replace my EVAP Vent canister (P0449), now my phone still connects to my car's Bluetooth even with the car off.

I was just sitting on the phone and having a conversation when all of a sudden the earpiece went silent. I initially thought something was wrong with my phone, but then I noticed my Bluetooth was connected. But I was in my house, had been home for an hour before getting on the phone and my car is still not only receiving Bluetooth signals while it's supposed to be off, but it connects to my phone and the radio powers up and still plays the call through my speakers. This never happened in the past. Usually even while still on a call, as soon as I open the door with the ignition off, the radio and Bluetooth immediately shut off and my phone can no longer connect until I turn the ignition back on.

I don't know anything about cars but I'm pretty sure this is not supposed to happen. I love my Camaro but it's stressing me out right about now. Anybody have any suggestions.
Old 09-02-2014, 09:02 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaromaybe View Post
I have a 2010 Camaro 2LT RS. After just being quoted with a $1600 to replace my EVAP Vent canister (P0449), now my phone still connects to my car's Bluetooth even with the car off.

I was just sitting on the phone and having a conversation when all of a sudden the earpiece went silent. I initially thought something was wrong with my phone, but then I noticed my Bluetooth was connected. But I was in my house, had been home for an hour before getting on the phone and my car is still not only receiving Bluetooth signals while it's supposed to be off, but it connects to my phone and the radio powers up and still plays the call through my speakers. This never happened in the past. Usually even while still on a call, as soon as I open the door with the ignition off, the radio and Bluetooth immediately shut off and my phone can no longer connect until I turn the ignition back on.

I don't know anything about cars but I'm pretty sure this is not supposed to happen. I love my Camaro but it's stressing me out right about now. Anybody have any suggestions.
camaromaybe,

Thanks for your post. My apologies to hear of the high EVAP Vent canister quote and now your concerns with the bluetooth connection. If possible, feel free to message me privately and I'll see what kind of assistance I can provide. We value our customers and want you to continue enjoying your vehicle.

Sincerely,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 08:47 AM   #3
camaromaybe
CamaroBaby

Drives: Silver 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
The customer satisfaction rep at the dealership called me and said they arranged for a diagnostic to be done free of charge since I had just paid for a diagnostic recently and this problem started occurring right after my last diagnostic. So at this point I was content. My instincts say it was something they did but I can't prove that but if they're willing to correct it or at least investigate it free, no harm no foul.

So I scheduled an appointment, took today off work, dropped my car off, and then I get a call from the service department saying that they will run the diagnostic for free but if they feel it wasn't due to something they caused, they will charge me for the diagnostic.

That was NOT what I was told. Now that I've taken the day off and you have my car you want to say, well we MIGHT do the diagnostic for free but if we feel like we're not sure this is our fault, we'll charge you. We'll let you know after we've come to a conclusion if you owe us or not.

I can't deal with this.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:46 AM   #4
tjd24
Thank you Oshawa/St.Cats!

Drives: was 2010 2LT RS 2G1FC1EV4A9103434
I had the same issue last week - car was definitely off & in the garage and my iPhone (running IOS 7.1.2 at the time) had calls being answered by the Camaro bluetooth while in my home. Never happened before. When I turned off the iPhone's Bluetooth then turned it back on the connection dropped and I was able to receive calls directly on the iPhone. BUT when I went to drive the next time there was no bluetooth connection in the car - the automatic pairing didn't happen. So I told both the iPhone and the Camaro to forget each other - NOW - I can't get the Camaro to want to Pair with anything. Next stop will be the Dealer though not happy that out-of-warranty charges will be coming my way.

First real issue I've had in the 5+ years I've had my Camaro...

Quote:

#3434 Born 4-15-2009, Delivered 5-22-2009 BBOMG 2/3/4 - Traded-in 8/31/2019:
tjd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 09:40 AM   #5
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
I recently had the same problem, after screwing with it for a couple of days I finally disconnected then reconnected the battery and all is good now.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 02:24 PM   #6
tjd24
Thank you Oshawa/St.Cats!

Drives: was 2010 2LT RS 2G1FC1EV4A9103434
Many thanks to Hephaestus1 in post - http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ight=bluetooth - for pointing out the Instrument Panel Fuse #14 for On-Star Calling -- I pulled that 7.5amp fuse today and put it back in after a few minutes (not waiting as Hephaestus1 indicated) -- the Camaro immediately allowed Bluetooth Pairing again and I was able to pair with my iPhone (now running IOS 8). The connection did drop immediately after turning off the ignition and opening the driver door so hopefully this gremlin has been stopped.

As so many of us had this issue there must have been an On-Star update that caused this as over five years I haven't had a single issue with Bluetooth connectivity.
#3434 Born 4-15-2009, Delivered 5-22-2009 BBOMG 2/3/4 - Traded-in 8/31/2019:
tjd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 06:07 PM   #7
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
The customer satisfaction rep at the dealership called me and said they arranged for a diagnostic to be done free of charge since I had just paid for a diagnostic recently and this problem started occurring right after my last diagnostic. So at this point I was content. My instincts say it was something they did but I can't prove that but if they're willing to correct it or at least investigate it free, no harm no foul.

So I scheduled an appointment, took today off work, dropped my car off, and then I get a call from the service department saying that they will run the diagnostic for free but if they feel it wasn't due to something they caused, they will charge me for the diagnostic.

That was NOT what I was told. Now that I've taken the day off and you have my car you want to say, well we MIGHT do the diagnostic for free but if we feel like we're not sure this is our fault, we'll charge you. We'll let you know after we've come to a conclusion if you owe us or not.

I can't deal with this.
camaromaybe,

Apologies if there was miscommunication regarding the diagnostic fee. I can reach out to the dealer if you have any lingering concerns about that. Feel free to keep me posted on what you hear. Your updates are anticipated.

Kindly,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bluetooth