Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 06-06-2012, 10:06 AM   #225
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
this is interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11BEE View Post
I got a call from my dealer today and my top came in. When they pulled open the crate, it was an entire top assembly. All new hardware, water management and seals. They are bolting it on tomorrow, so please keep your fingers crossed and pray for us. He already checked it against the TSB recommendations and it is an improved design that has taken into account the changes the TSB recommended be made....
This heavily suggests the problem has genuinely been fixed for good. Definitely looking forward to hearing about the results.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:27 AM   #226
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
My wife and I were driving by a local dealer and stopped in to look at a vert they had. After talking to a salesman for about 10 minutes I asked if GM had gotten all the top problems fixed. He looked at me funny and said " What problems?" I told him about all the problems I have read on here and about the ones my son has has and he says, "I've never heard about any problems." I rolled my eyes and told him to do some research and left.

Just to let you know this was not my dealership but the one in Kingsport tn.
I do apologize for the experience that you had at your dealership. Are you in the market for a new Camaro? If you would like, I can research and locate one for you. Please feel free to contact me at anytime.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 06-06-2012, 10:49 AM   #227
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I do apologize for the experience that you had at your dealership. Are you in the market for a new Camaro? If you would like, I can research and locate one for you. Please feel free to contact me at anytime.

Brandon
Thanks but unless I win the lottery or inherit a couple hundred thousand I doubt I could get one. I found one like I want in Hendersonville NC, I would just need to get about 23K trade in on mine.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:50 AM   #228
11BEE
11 BEE

Drives: 2011 LS2 RS & 2012 2SS RS 45th Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001ragtop View Post
This heavily suggests the problem has genuinely been fixed for good. Definitely looking forward to hearing about the results.
It is indeed a complete assumedly. I prompted my dealer to check with the parts warehouse and this is a new design top that requires none of the TSB modifications. It is going on as we speak. Here are some photos.
Attached Images

11Bee and I♥My45th
11BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:02 AM   #229
fishface

Drives: 2011 RS/SS Camaro Convertible
Well new update, yes i am getting a rental car now and they just told me they cant find a top anywhere in the northeast and still have no idea when they will find one!!!!!!!!!!!
fishface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #230
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
I got a call from my dealer today and my top came in. When they pulled open the crate, it was an entire top assembly. All new hardware, water management and seals. They are bolting it on tomorrow, so please keep your fingers crossed and pray for us. He already checked it against the TSB recommendations and it is an improved design that has taken into account the changes the TSB recommended be made.

At the same time they are fixing the dash bubbling issue so I am expecting it back on Thursday. I will let you all know how it does. Please say a quick prayer that it works as easily as he says it is going to.
Please let us know how your dealership handled your concerns. It is great to hear they were able to address the issues you were experiencing. If you have any additional questions, concerns, or comments please feel free to contact me at any time.

Brandon
Old 06-06-2012, 06:03 PM   #231
whidobie

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible 2SS RS
Hey Brandon
Forget all the B.S you spew. Are you reading what is happening to all of us here. We don't need to hear about you documenting and you wanting to know how the dealers are handling our problems which is GM's problems. Wrong top for a car and now can't locate another. Are you kidding me here? I have close to $60,000 invested in my car with upgrades etc and in all my years of car ownership, i have never experienced anything like this in my life. This is not a game we are playing here. Social Media can destroy this car's sales. So my suggestion is to get it done now for all with the problem!
whidobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:13 AM   #232
cactuseater

Drives: .
Quote:
It is indeed a complete assumedly. I prompted my dealer to check with the parts warehouse and this is a new design top that requires none of the TSB modifications. It is going on as we speak. Here are some photos.
Top already factory installed on the mechanism? Big plus if it is, that's one of the major failures with this whole thing. it seems that nobody can re-install the top on the old mechanism correctly.

There is a new canvas to be produced in June (now) that has more tension on the sides as well to keep the wrinkles down and to eliminate more of the wind noise.
cactuseater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:33 AM   #233
jjas0n

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS, 2016 Corvette Z06
Need a GM resource, not a social media monitor

Brandon - I have to agree with whidobie. If you genuinely want to help, please stop saying "PM me" for everything, stop trying to sell us stuff, and stop the polite (but content free) chatter. I know its your job, but doing it this way is NOT helping GM's reputation or image in any way. Its just really annoying the audience.

People here are angry and frustrated. They want information, answers, and tangible actions. if you truly want to help, start by giving us some hard information on what is actually being done to address the top issue. For example - do you have anything concrete to say on the supposed incoming third revision of the top? Next, continue by getting the attention of someone high up in the organization - not only to acknowledge that there are issues, but to also take swift and decisive actions to address each and every vehicle that has the issues. THAT would be huge and would go a long way towards happy customers - and better GM's image.

As for me, I have this very irrational belief that when I spend >$43k for a car, the entire car should work WELL for at least the duration of the warranty, hopefully longer. I think most folks here would agree with that.

Thank you.

Jason
jjas0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:09 AM   #234
BDH

Drives: 2012 1LT-RS
BDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:31 AM   #235
meSSohappy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
I took my car in for a latch recall last weekend and asked the dealer what he knew about the roof problems....they never had a clue there were problems. Now I live in a northern town and my vert is the first one they have ever dealt with, so I guess I can give them a little leeway, but I asked if there were any other issues and he went on his computer and said I was good. He suggested that I contact GM customer service and document my concerns. So I did this, and I was told that there is indeed a recall on the headliner...WTF? Why cant these people get their facts straight? They could have fixed both problems last weekend but now it has to go in again...not impressed. Oh, they did acknowledge my top problems but dont want to do anything about it yet...suggested I wait til the end of summer and see if it gets worse....DUH?! I imagine the canvas will fix itself and everything will be fine !!!!
meSSohappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:38 AM   #236
11BEE
11 BEE

Drives: 2011 LS2 RS & 2012 2SS RS 45th Vert
When I went to my dealer, he had no idea the issues with the top either. They saw a TSB, but when I printed the various discussions from this forum he understood the depth of the issue. I especially showed him how active Brandon is in the forum and he took notice. This is why they planned for 2 weeks and finally received a full top assembly. He did not want to risk all of the issue with stretching a new top.

For this I have to thank Brandon and Chevy Customer Service for posting here. I know they are getting flamed and it is really not Brandon's fault. He is reporting the issues and trust me guys, GM is acting. I am evidence of that.

I get my car back today, I will let everyone know how the fix did.

11Bee and I♥My45th
11BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:41 AM   #237
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
When I went to my dealer, he had no idea the issues with the top either. They saw a TSB, but when I printed the various discussions from this forum he understood the depth of the issue. I especially showed him how active Brandon is in the forum and he took notice. This is why they planned for 2 weeks and finally received a full top assembly. He did not want to risk all of the issue with stretching a new top.

For this I have to thank Brandon and Chevy Customer Service for posting here. I know they are getting flamed and it is really not Brandon's fault. He is reporting the issues and trust me guys, GM is acting. I am evidence of that.

I get my car back today, I will let everyone know how the fix did.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:17 AM   #238
fishface

Drives: 2011 RS/SS Camaro Convertible
New update, dealer just called me and said they have no ETA on the new designed top. They are now going to try and put the orginal top back on so I can at least have my car back. Cant wait to see how this is going to look. Hopefully I will also receive the complete unit after going through all of this.
fishface is offline   Reply With Quote