Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 09-25-2018, 03:39 PM   #281
Fusionofideas

Drives: 2015 Z28, C7 Corvette, Evo X
Quote:
Originally Posted by derieu View Post
Love the build. Highly suggest buying:

https://www.amazon.com/Olympus-14503...FNC0RKASS5RKK5

https://www.amazon.com/Movo-WS1-Micr...69RSDGXKYCXYPQ

https://www.amazon.com/Movo-GMA100-M...69RSDGXKYCXYPQ

https://www.amazon.com/Pasow-3-5mm-S...70_&dpSrc=srch

Here is the type of audio you get, this is when I owned a mustang (DONT HATE, I SOLD IT FOR MY CURRENT CAMARO!!) :

You tape mic on the diffuser, then route the extension to the gopro
Awesome stuff and thanks for taking the time to share. I have the Fly 360 camera and the dumb thing does not have any external ports for mic hookup. I wonder if I could get it from go pro which I have as a backup and then pull the audio from that. Either way this is some legit stuff and would be awesome. thanks.
Fusionofideas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 03:39 PM   #282
Fusionofideas

Here is the first lap of the race with the internal 360 cam (slightly better audio)

https://youtu.be/YJpX2CqCcSc
Old 09-25-2018, 03:41 PM   #283
Fusionofideas

a few pics from the race and some more to come
Attached Images

Old 09-25-2018, 03:58 PM   #284
Supercup
Life Is Short Enjoy It!

Drives: Original Owner 15 Z/28 #934
360 Cam is the bomb!
Supercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 04:38 PM   #285
s.hammer

Drives: 2015 Z/28
Curiosity is getting the better of me, I have to ask, what is all the square and flat stock steel under the car?
s.hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 04:41 PM   #286
Fusionofideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.hammer View Post
Curiosity is getting the better of me, I have to ask, what is all the square and flat stock steel under the car?
We built a flat bottom under tray, it worked very well until we started bottoming out and it got destroyed. We ended up cutting the mid section off for the Championship race and left the front splitter and the rear diffuser.
Old 09-25-2018, 08:46 PM   #287
s.hammer

Drives: 2015 Z/28
Interesting, thanks for the info.
s.hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 12:55 AM   #288
Fusionofideas

Racing Brake Carbon Ceramic Rotor Review on the Fusion Z28

Racing Brake forum post

For those that have been following this thread you will know that I competitively race in the NASA Super Touring Series and for the last few years we have been integrating the Racing Brake components. Recently we installed the last component of their system with the RB Carbon Ceramic Rotors. The biggest difference with the RB system compared to Brembo is the RB Rotor is directional which cools the Rotor more efficiently than the Brembo as well as the CCR being a weave composite compared to a compressed carbon on the Brembo. See previous posts for more details. This post is specifically the driver feedback I will provide after using them for several races.

Preface: We recently raced at the NASA National Championships at Circuit of the America’s. It is spectacular. The best track, facility and overall race experience I have ever experienced in my life and a hell of a lot of fun in the Z28. COTA was 4 days of racing and was the debut of the RB CCR. Additionally I am out at BUTTONWILLOW Raceway this weekend for the NASA Regional Championships ( I officially took first place for the season with today’s race) I will provide a few key points as driver feedback for you to consider. I am not paid by RB or an employee however they are a sponsor for our team but I don’t sell out on my product reviews as I am super specific on who I allow to be involved with our program. Below are my points specifically referencing the comparison of the Racing Brake and Brembo CCR:

Initial Bite. The RB Rotor offers significantly more inital bite than OEM. The grip of the braking power is Immediate versus the Brembo seems to “slide” or slip a bit before it grabs.

Consistency of Brake Torque. There is zero fade with pedal pressure and brake force seemingly stays consistent no matter how hard you push the brakes. I only had one instance at the end of the long back straight of COTA (160 down to 40) and I was late braking another car for a pass. Overall though the pedal seemed to stay harder, while with OEM after hammering on them it felt like the pedal would get a little spongy at the end of the session and not remain as consistent throughout the races.
Responsiveness to the brake pedal is immediate and is really perfect for trail braking. The brakes bite super hard and can take a high heat build up before any fade. I have loved using the braking power of the Z28 with the RB system to out Brake competitors and pick up multiple positions in a corner ( see my first lap of the championship race at COTA)

Durability. This is still out for a review. I currently have 6 track days/races on the Rotors and you can see from images what they look like right now. Overall though they are still performing fantastic.
Time comparisons-
*Most Important for anyone racing or competing what does it do for time....so I can’t give an honest comparison from COTA as this was the first time with the Z28 although I will be back and last time I was in a gen 6 SS rental car..so let’s discuss Buttonwillow. Today we ran Buttonwillow 13 CCW which I have run many times and for many years. My previous best time was a 1:57 with the car almost identically set up and new Hoosier R7 The only other change we had was the rear wing previously a APR GTC-500 now a GT 1000 and a rear diffuser. Same tire setup in fact today I was on some janky ass Hoosier R7’s that had no business being on my car for a race but I did anyway. We ran a 1:53 today and much of that honestly was attributed to brakes. I was able to Brake Even later and carry more speed through corners with aggressive trail braking. Now I do not want to attribute all the time to brakes however I do know that played a Roll.

Overall I prefer the RB Rotors over the factory Brembo. If you are at the point where you need to replace the OEM Rotors it is a no brainer to pay a little more money and get the RB Rotors. I have been told by RB also that the Rotors will last significantly longer than the Brembo due to their composite weave manufacturing process. I ran the Brembo Rotors for three years. I’ll let you know in hopefully 6 years how long the Racing Brake Rotors last
Attached Images

Old 10-14-2018, 08:39 AM   #289
GMteSSted

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
I just ran at VIR in HPDE with the Racing Brake front pads XC-40 Sintered pads on my stock Z/28. This was my first track day with these pads.
Wow! A significant difference over the OEM pads. My OEM rotors were starting to show degradation after 5,000+ track miles so I made the switch to the RB pads hoping to prolong the rotor life. The initial bite is dead on, no pad slipping on the rotors before they grab. The pedal pressure stayed consistent through 8 sessions and the temperature was very hot on track.
The rotors do look like the pads mated well with them and the tiny worm holes are filled in with pad material.
They do cost a little more than OEM pads but in my opinion the better bite and pedal feel is well worth it. I'll post later to report on how long the pads last for durability. Road Atlanta is up next is for me and I can't wait to dive into turn 10A with these pads!
BTW - I am not sponsored by racing brake.com, but if your on the fence like I was, take the plunge!
GMteSSted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 01:43 AM   #290
Fusionofideas

Aero Sport Concepts Under Aero

So since the previous under tray was a total failure we decided to go with something that has more track time and proven results. The Aero Sport Concepts kit looks spectacular. The front splitter was custom made by Kurt at ASC to be a more aggressive track only kit. Additionally he has created a custom rear diffuser for the Z28 and it is wicked. We will do some initial testing mid January and I can’t wait to see the benefits that it will yield.
Attached Images

Old 12-24-2018, 07:18 AM   #291
Z/28Dan

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10 Black
VERY interesting!

Dan
Z/28Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 06:28 PM   #292
Dixon Racing

Drives: 2015 Z28 Red Hot
Would love to see pictures of the diffuser installed on the car when finished
Dixon Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 05:59 PM   #293
Lonewolf583
Apex Predator

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Rally Yellow
Sweet!

I had been waiting for someone to beat me to the semi-full undertray, was expecting I'd have to build one myself!

Would be interested to see how it seals up in back of the front wheel well.

Beating physics into submission since 1991.

Lonewolf583 is offline   Reply With Quote