Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-17-2018, 10:17 PM   #1
WatchThis

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
Front Clip Tab Broke

I noticed on my 2010 SS that the corner of the front clip that meets the front fender on the driver’s side was sticking out pretty far. Tried to push it in thinking it would clip back in... Nope. So I pulled it enough to get a look and apparently the tab is broken. The passenger side sticks out a little bit also in the same place but not nearly as bad. Was wondering what you guys had in mind for a fix or what my options are? It’s kind of an eyesore.

WatchThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 09:56 PM   #2
Tbanks
The Stangs kryptonite

Drives: 2010 1LT CGM Camaro
Hey Watchthis,

There was a thread about this awhile ago where someone had suggested to put a washer on the broken tab and then put the screw back through. The original thread was never updated so I'm not sure if the solution was truly any sort of solution. Have had the issue on mine for awhile as well. Interested to see if anyone provides a better fix.
Old 09-28-2018, 06:12 AM   #3
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbanks View Post
Hey Watchthis,

There was a thread about this awhile ago where someone had suggested to put a washer on the broken tab and then put the screw back through. The original thread was never updated so I'm not sure if the solution was truly any sort of solution. Have had the issue on mine for awhile as well. Interested to see if anyone provides a better fix.
I did this with one of my tabs. Used a stainless washer and JB Weld on it. Holding like a dream and was pretty easy to do.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 06:28 AM   #4
ZEN357

Drives: 1991 Z/28 Convertible
I would try the JB weld and the washer. I've fixed a number of body panels through the years with JB weld.
ZEN357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 11:18 AM   #5
WatchThis

I haven’t been online in quite a while and just checked back into this thread. That does seem like a pretty easy fix, I’ll give the washer and JB Weld trick a shot. Thanks for the help guys.

Old 10-18-2018, 04:01 PM   #6
WatchThis

Well that trick didn’t work for me. I let the JB Weld cure for a solid 50 hours without touching it, clipped it into its spot and once I had the bolt started, the washer separated from the bumper. So right back at square one. My next thought is those little quick release black button looking things I’ve seen on some s550’s locally. Don’t know if those would work or not, I have no experience with them.