Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > International Regions > Deutschland

Old 06-25-2012, 12:36 PM   #15
Jigglemesack
Breaking Egos

Drives: 2010 Ford Mustang GT
OK, my Deutsch stinks. Can you translate this for me? I used a web translator and understand they received my registration request and want me to promote their events. Other than I may get a free cola, I am not clear about this:

Google translation - "To promote sporting thoughts and actions, we will (as usual for motor sports events), the entry fee (registration fee) require confirmation after starting place. Thus fall out fun applicant or potential participants who are serious, have better chances of getting a starting place. In addition, the entrance to the paddock works much faster and every starter gets a free soft drink."

Hallo Trey Wells

Die Anmeldung zu Race @ Airport - Mengen 2012 ist bei uns eingegangen.

Nach erfolgter Bearbeitung versenden wir Startplatzbestätigungen oder leider auch (vorläufige) Absagen mit Zusatzinfos per Mail. Um sportliches Denken und Handeln zu fördern, werden wir (wie bei Motorsportveranstaltungen üblich) das Nenngeld (Teilnahmegebühr) nach erfolgter Startplatzbestätigung fordern. Somit fallen Spaßanmelder raus und potentielle Teilnehmer, die es ernst meinen, haben bessere Chancen auf einen Startplatz. Außerdem funktioniert die Einfahrt ins Fahrerlager deutlich zügiger und jeder Starter erhält ein Erfrischungsgetränk gratis.

Höflichst bitten wir um größtmögliche Verbreitung der Veranstaltungsinformationen in allen Varianten, z.B. SMS, Phone, E-Mail, Terminlisten, Gästebücher, Foren, Facebook, Twitter und Weitererzählen.

Ausserdem bitten wir um Besuch auf unserer Facebookseite www.facebook.com/raceatairport und ein freundliches gefällt mir und verbleiben einstweilen

Old 06-25-2012, 12:46 PM   #16
TinyToasta

Drives: way too fast....
It should say giggle-translator rather than google... love that stuff

Anyway:
They acknowledged your registration/application. You'll receive an email shortly (let's hope so!) asking you to remit the registration fee (25€), or (worst case) telling you that the event is fully booked.

Let me know when you receive the next email, and I'll step in when needed
CTS-V Brake upgrade, Street: 22'' Vossen CV1, Strip: 18'' Forgestar F14 on MT Street Radials
TinyToasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:59 PM   #17
Jigglemesack
Breaking Egos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyToasta View Post
It should say giggle-translator rather than google... love that stuff

Anyway:
They acknowledged your registration/application. You'll receive an email shortly (let's hope so!) asking you to remit the registration fee (25€), or (worst case) telling you that the event is fully booked.

Let me know when you receive the next email, and I'll step in when needed
Thanks man. Hopefully I am in!
Old 06-26-2012, 03:36 PM   #18
Jigglemesack
Breaking Egos

I'm in - got the note today. See ya there
Old 06-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #19
TinyToasta

CTS-V Brake upgrade, Street: 22'' Vossen CV1, Strip: 18'' Forgestar F14 on MT Street Radials
Old 09-01-2012, 01:28 PM   #20
Rock36
I just like V8s

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
I know this thread is old, and not sure if you guys are still watching this, but there are races in Bitburg again on 22-23 Sep, and again on 6-7 Oct.

There is one only about an hour from Stuttgart on 21 October in Aalen.

http://flugplatzblasen.driftfotos.de/

2007 Corvette Z06: Le Mans blue, 2LZ

Last edited by Rock36; 09-02-2012 at 02:02 AM.
Rock36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:27 PM   #21
TinyToasta

I'll be in Aalen in October - along with a couple of other fellow 5th Gens!

Last race of the year - it's gonna be legendary
Old 09-02-2012, 02:03 AM   #22
Rock36
I just like V8s

Quote:
I'll be in Aalen in October - along with a couple of other fellow 5th Gens!

Last race of the year - it's gonna be legendary
Are you from the Stuttgart area?

Did you happen to go to Hockenheim in August? I saw a crew around five or six 5th gen Camaros from all over Germany roll in together.

Last edited by Rock36; 09-02-2012 at 03:19 AM.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:55 AM   #23
TinyToasta

Exclamation

I live one hour south of Stuttgart.

Public Race Days? Yepp - that was us, a couple of guys from the German camaro2010.de Forum. We did a couple of runs on the so called prep'd track... most miserable track I've ever been on

Even a week later at the Nitrolympx some of the teams (Top Fuelers) declined to race because of the track....

Anyway - Aalen's gonna be way better, even if on an airfield

Are you coming?
Old 09-03-2012, 02:49 PM   #24
Rock36
I just like V8s

Quote:
I live one hour south of Stuttgart.

Public Race Days? Yepp - that was us, a couple of guys from the German camaro2010.de Forum. We did a couple of runs on the so called prep'd track... most miserable track I've ever been on

Even a week later at the Nitrolympx some of the teams (Top Fuelers) declined to race because of the track....

Anyway - Aalen's gonna be way better, even if on an airfield

Are you coming?
I definitely plan on going to Aalen in October. I've never raced there before, but it is so close I can't pass it up. I wanted to go to Mengen this year too, but I was working that weekend unfortunately.

I also agree with you about Hockenheim. I've attended the last 3 years and it seems to be getting worse in terms of both organization and preparation. I don't know if too many people are showing up or what the issue is.

Old 09-03-2012, 02:58 PM   #25
TinyToasta

The track in Hockenheim has become completely useless over the years they say - at least as far as DragRacing is concerned. Obviously this is a race track for things like Formula1 or the DTM, their lobby seems to be bigger than ours... so it shall be

If the lanes had only been evenly miserable - it would have been fair at least...

Anyway, Mengen was great this year - I just hope they plan on putting this event on their agenda again next year - but it seems unlikely so far!

We need to keep in touch for the event in Aalen - we'll be around again with a couple of guys from camaro2010.de - so it's gonna be a blast
Old 09-03-2012, 03:34 PM   #26
Rock36
I just like V8s

PM Sent

Old 11-08-2012, 09:37 AM   #27
Phase V
Summer

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM w/ Black Stripes
Send a message via AIM to Phase V Send a message via Yahoo to Phase V Send a message via Skype™ to Phase V
I'm up in Wiesbaden but I'm always down for planning something next year when it gets warm out

Restoring or need parts for a Chevy. Look no further than Don's East Coast Restorations
Phase V is offline   Reply With Quote