Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-19-2009, 10:26 PM   #85
RetroDude
Owner of VIN # 35278

Drives: IBM 2SS, A6, Leather & Sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikedwil View Post
Put your own trim on. Many dealers on here offer stainless trim. Mine is from EmblemPros.
Is that the Chrome side markers you have or the brushed version??

I've got the chrome ones on mine and most of the time they don't show up in the pictures. Thought I should've gotten the brushed instead!

Name:  New Camaro Photos-06Ass 25.JPG
Views: 444
Size:  144.7 KB

Name:  New Camaro Photos-04Ass.JPG
Views: 457
Size:  132.4 KB
RetroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:31 PM   #86
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Rendering done by MonaroSS on GMI...

Eh?
Old 09-19-2009, 10:37 PM   #87
jnewberr2ssrs

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS
I think this is a good idea (yes including the color)...My International Management degree is pretty heavily focused in Marketing and what some people are failing to remember in their analysis of whether they think it's a good idea or not is that it's all about the target market...Sure, not everyone likes black, but they're not trying to sell this particular version to everyone and that's supposed to be exactly what sets it apart for this market...That it's not everyone's Camaro - that it's the special edition for the successful/ambitious business executive (or something like that)

Who's the target market in this case? Typically American business executives that want a beastly muscle car underneath but need a comfortable and refined vehicle inside...Why black? Well if we first establish that the target market is going to be classified as higher income and tie it to the trend that higher income, executive type people like solid, strong, and typically conservative colors, black makes sense...Black is a solid color and is supposed to represent strength and resilience...How many times a week do you think these business executives wear a black suit to work? Of course notably also would be the CGM because it is a very solid color as well and that's probably the second most popular business suit color (dark grey)...Again, because it is a strong, solid color and color does have a lot of pull in Marketing and psychology because it's something we react to without really thinking about it...Executives and the business world tend to fall towards these colors because they rely heavily on portraying a strong image in order to accomplish their ambitions or career goals.

Ever given thought to why a stop light/stop sign is red and why a green light is, well, exactly that? Psychologically, red and yellow are the most stirring/unsettling colors so they catch our attention most easily, whereas green and blue are the most calming colors and are used for affirming things, not negation...This is all stuff that goes on in our brains without really thinking about it and yes the same thing happens in the business world with strong and weak colors...If you had a job interview for a really important executive job, would you wear a green, blue, or red suit to the interview? No, of course you wouldn't because you would look like a sleazy used car salesman haha...You would most likely wear your nicest black or grey suit with a solid color tie...Yeah, that's an intro into the mentality of the business executive and strong colors - so yes, black does make sense even if you don't personally want to buy a black car...Remember this is a specific market segment and has unique typical characteristics. That doesn't mean all buyers in this segment will want exactly the same thing or be exactly the same, but there are definitely trends that GM is paying attention to. In my opinion, about 70% of those cars will most likely be automatic transmission due to the fact that they will most likely live or work in the city and will have to deal with traffic and in my opinion having the automatic transmission will most likely be another refined luxury item for this target market since it's less of a hassle and they still get the option to paddle shift when they have the urge.

Also, do you really think the majority of the suit and tie-wearing, high-income, business executive types are going to drive their black car down to the local $1.25 car wash and spray down their car or hand wash it in their driveway hahaha I personally wouldn't think they would because they don't have that kind of time with their always busy schedule. I think they will tend to use professional detailing outfits or at least the large scale, automated car wash chains (in New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Wisconsin, and Texas there's a popular one called Octopus) because that way they can either have someone come pick it up and get the job done for them or wait a quick 15 minutes at the large scale, automated car wash. Either way, they're enjoying the luxury of sitting back and relaxing while their car gets all fresh and shiny...So I think the black-car-getting-dirty theory would be negligible if you apply the same consideration to the given target market

And to talk about the "why not a Corvette" question...Well, for one, just because you can afford a Corvette doesn't necessarily mean everyone wants one...Secondly, some of these business executives might think that by buying a Corvette they will portray the image of going through a mid-life crisis - as many tend to associate with such action (not saying it's true, just that sometimes people jump to that conclusion). That, in turn, would portray an image of a lack of self confidence or panic in the character of the business executive and that's not what they want to portray...Thirdly, over the years American executives have gotten younger due to an increasingly enterprising nature or perhaps due to more baby boomer executives reaching the age of retirement...So maybe if the old theory about the mid life crisis purchase of a Corvette were true, maybe today's American business executive hasn't reached that age yet where he/she feels the need to buy a Corvette to try and feel young again...The Camaro is a younger, more brute kind of car and the only thing that would really be missing to attract the younger business executive type would be the refined interior that they're considering.

There could be a plethora of reasons why they wouldn't just buy a Corvette and I can guarantee GM's marketing division has given that question some thought as we have...

This is probably the longest post I've ever written so I hope someone actually takes the time to read it hahaha...This is just my opinion from a marketing standpoint

I think it's a cool idea...Keep up the brainstorming GM
Old 09-19-2009, 10:37 PM   #88
MrE

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Holy crap! I like that interior. This is a render? Nice!
Delivered to customer 11/24/09 - Happy ever since.
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:38 PM   #89
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnewberr2ssrs View Post
I think this is a good idea (yes including the color)...My International Management degree is pretty heavily focused in Marketing and what some people are failing to remember in their analysis of whether they think it's a good idea or not is that it's all about the target market...Sure, not everyone likes black, but they're not trying to sell this particular version to everyone and that's supposed to be exactly what sets it apart for this market...That it's not everyone's Camaro - that it's the special edition for the successful/ambitious business executive (or something like that)

Who's the target market in this case? Typically American business executives that want a beastly muscle car underneath but need a comfortable and refined vehicle inside...Why black? Well if we first establish that the target market is going to be classified as higher income and tie it to the trend that higher income, executive type people like solid, strong, and typically conservative colors, black makes sense...Black is a solid color and is supposed to represent strength and resilience...How many times a week do you think these business executives wear a black suit to work? Of course notably also would be the CGM because it is a very solid color as well and that's probably the second most popular business suit color (dark grey)...Again, because it is a strong, solid color and color does have a lot of pull in Marketing and psychology because it's something we react to without really thinking about it...Executives and the business world tend to fall towards these colors because they rely heavily on portraying a strong image in order to accomplish their ambitions or career goals.

Ever given thought to why a stop light/stop sign is red and why a green light is, well, exactly that? Psychologically, red and yellow are the most stirring/unsettling colors so they catch our attention most easily, whereas green and blue are the most calming colors and are used for affirming things, not negation...This is all stuff that goes on in our brains without really thinking about it and yes the same thing happens in the business world with strong and weak colors...If you had a job interview for a really important executive job, would you wear a green, blue, or red suit to the interview? No, of course you wouldn't because you would look like a sleazy used car salesman haha...You would most likely wear your nicest black or grey suit with a solid color tie...Yeah, that's an intro into the mentality of the business executive and strong colors - so yes, black does make sense even if you don't personally want to buy a black car...Remember this is a specific market segment and has unique typical characteristics. That doesn't mean all buyers in this segment will want exactly the same thing or be exactly the same, but there are definitely trends that GM is paying attention to. In my opinion, about 70% of those cars will most likely be automatic transmission due to the fact that they will most likely live or work in the city and will have to deal with traffic and in my opinion having the automatic transmission will most likely be another refined luxury item for this target market since it's less of a hassle and they still get the option to paddle shift when they have the urge.

Also, do you really think the majority of the suit and tie-wearing, high-income, business executive types are going to drive their black car down to the local $1.25 car wash and spray down their car or hand wash it in their driveway hahaha I personally wouldn't think they would because they don't have that kind of time with their always busy schedule. I think they will tend to use professional detailing outfits or at least the large scale, automated car wash chains (in New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Wisconsin, and Texas there's a popular one called Octopus) because that way they can either have someone come pick it up and get the job done for them or wait a quick 15 minutes at the large scale, automated car wash. Either way, they're enjoying the luxury of sitting back and relaxing while their car gets all fresh and shiny...So I think the black-car-getting-dirty theory would be negligible if you apply the same consideration to the given target market

And to talk about the "why not a Corvette" question...Well, for one, just because you can afford a Corvette doesn't necessarily mean everyone wants one...Secondly, some of these business executives might think that by buying a Corvette they will portray the image of going through a mid-life crisis - as many tend to associate with such action (not saying it's true, just that sometimes people jump to that conclusion). That, in turn, would portray an image of a lack of self confidence or panic in the character of the business executive and that's not what they want to portray...Thirdly, over the years American executives have gotten younger due to an increasingly enterprising nature or perhaps due to more baby boomer executives reaching the age of retirement...So maybe if the old theory about the mid life crisis purchase of a Corvette were true, maybe today's American business executive hasn't reached that age yet where he/she feels the need to buy a Corvette to try and feel young again...The Camaro is a younger, more brute kind of car and the only thing that would really be missing to attract the younger business executive type would be the refined interior that they're considering.

There could be a plethora of reasons why they wouldn't just buy a Corvette and I can guarantee GM's marketing division has given that question some thought as we have...

This is probably the longest post I've ever written so I hope someone actually takes the time to read it hahaha...This is just my opinion from a marketing standpoint

I think it's a cool idea...Keep up the brainstorming GM
May be a long post but you do bring up some very excellent points.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:43 PM   #90
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

Eh?
I'm sorry, but I have never had a car with a built in navscreen. I cannot see that being the best place for a screen. I would want it up much higher like the CTS so I don't have to takd my eyes completely off the road just to glance at it and get my eyes back to where they should be.

Am I just worrying about stupid stuff, or is there somebody who has experienced this before that can tell me differently?
Old 09-19-2009, 10:43 PM   #91
Camarodriver

Drives: 1975 Camaro, 2010 2LT, 2011/2SSrs
Send a message via ICQ to Camarodriver Send a message via MSN to Camarodriver Send a message via Skype™ to Camarodriver
Any new model/variant is welcome, IMO... It just strenghtens the Camaro brand. Certainly I would agree that it may just be targeted at the former Pontiac Firebird customers, but at least they are addressing this market. Just my opinion. eB

The perma-grin effect pictured above by a good buddy giving me a ride in my Camaro!
Used 75 Camaro = $3500
Rolling restoration over 10 years = $5000
$5 of gas burned in 10 seconds = Priceless!
Camarodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:44 PM   #92
RetroDude
Owner of VIN # 35278

Drives: IBM 2SS, A6, Leather & Sunroof
Quote:

Eh?
Not too shabby! I kind of like. The picture below would have to be my choice!

Name:  Berlinetta.JPG
Views: 342
Size:  67.7 KB

RetroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 11:21 PM   #93
Kilo-9
Dog Is My Copilot

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I think this is a great idea...way to go, GM! I hope this does sell because more sales will ensure a long future for the Camaro. I kind of envision this "executive express" to be like the Denali line is to GMC.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:59 PM   #94
ZeeTwentyFour
Does not have a Camaro

Drives: 99 silverado Z71/66 Chevelle SS
Send a message via AIM to ZeeTwentyFour
sounds cool but there is already an executive styled Camaro, its called the G8.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:02 AM   #95
AngryAmish

Drives: Impala
Me likey those pedals.

Aluminum trim: Jury is out as far as I'm concerned. It really could go either way. Putting too much on looks gaudy to me.

Upgraded interior: Always a good thing. Any time a car company gives you choices its a good thing. The more choices one has the better. But really, why make an executive edition when you could just offer it to everyone? This is where EVERY car company goes wrong imho. Just make it an option.

Too many packages and not enough stand alone options that really have any meat to them. Just once I'd love to be able to build a car from the base model up with exactly what I want.

Quote:

Eh?
Proud Owner of #168
AngryAmish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:04 AM   #96
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Love the idea. Can't wait to see the interior "upgrades" and options.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:06 AM   #97
EKG

Drives: Right now....a Honda CR-V
I love it. My one complaint about the Camaro has always been the relatively bland interior. The two renders above of the Executive Express interior are awesome!
EKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:30 AM   #98
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
great, i guess the next step is to build a four door camaro.
An executive edition just doesnt seem fitting, and why change the interior of the car? I hope they just change the panels to piano black or something, and have leather and suade seats, but if its drastic changes, then i think its just a fail, they might as well make a whole different up scale model off the camaro
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote