Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 01-29-2020, 01:01 PM   #29
Biergut

Drives: '15 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM GhostrdrZ View Post
I ended up getting tears from rock auto and fronts from summit. Received tears from rock auto. The GM packaging is the worst I’ve ever had for brake pads. All pads and wiring all just loose in box. It might be repackaged, anyone have a different experience? Everything looks fine so maybe it’s no big deal. Looks like pagid has its name on pads.
I’ll see how fronts come packaged (GM packaging) in a few days.
Blame the Germans... they're still pissed about Trump.
Biergut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 11:01 AM   #30
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Front AC Delco pads

The fronts I received have textar on them. Anyone have more info on these? Textar is well known company similar to pagid. Just another GM vendor for these pads but not sure if anyone has had experience with these pads with textar, good bad or indifferent? They look similar material as the pagid.
Thanks
Attached Images

Last edited by SIM GhostrdrZ; 01-30-2020 at 11:24 AM.
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 06:02 PM   #31
Biergut

Drives: '15 Z/28
They are a great company and great pads -- you'll have zero issues. No issues with them in front and Pagid in rear. OEM specifications.
Biergut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 08:14 PM   #32
SIM GhostrdrZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biergut View Post
They are a great company and great pads -- you'll have zero issues. No issues with them in front and Pagid in rear. OEM specifications.
Thanks
Old 02-04-2020, 02:49 PM   #33
SIM GhostrdrZ

Just wanted to give a heads up about my front AC Delco pads. The ones I got from summit were mislabeled for corvette 16-19 so apparently the big difference as I found out is the pad wear harness is different on the corvette but the pads are the same. Sad thing is that my old pads had worn the plastic wear piece down to the wire so I actually was replacing the harness. It’s been hell but I found someone at summit to actually fixed the one set they had left(as well mislabeled for the Z28 but actually a corvette set). I would steer clear of ordering anything from summit for your Z28 because their system is not correct.
Old 02-04-2020, 06:27 PM   #34
Gbland60

Drives: 2015 z28 Black w/ac #645
Quote:
Just wanted to give a heads up about my front AC Delco pads. The ones I got from summit were mislabeled for corvette 16-19 so apparently the big difference as I found out is the pad wear harness is different on the corvette but the pads are the same. Sad thing is that my old pads had worn the plastic wear piece down to the wire so I actually was replacing the harness. It’s been hell but I found someone at summit to actually fixed the one set they had left(as well mislabeled for the Z28 but actually a corvette set). I would steer clear of ordering anything from summit for your Z28 because their system is not correct.
No doubt!!!! Found that out on their Z/28 wheels they are offering when i called to get some info . glad your fixed up. I've heard the C6 ZR1pads are identical. Do know if this correct?
Gbland60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 08:17 PM   #35
SIM GhostrdrZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbland60 View Post
No doubt!!!! Found that out on their Z/28 wheels they are offering when i called to get some info . glad your fixed up. I've heard the C6 ZR1pads are identical. Do know if this correct?
What happened with the Z28 wheels? I am fortunately an hour away from the summit store so I drove there to talk to anyone that might give a sh/t that their Z28 parts system is 100% flawed and hopefully they just pull it down until they can get it correct.
I’m not sure about C6 ZR1 pads but this pad kit was for 16-19 corvette with J57 brakes. The pads matched my old pads down to textar part #. But the pad wear sensor harness is not correct. Does anyone know if aftermarket pads come with wear sensor harness?
Old 02-05-2020, 01:16 PM   #36
SIM GhostrdrZ

I went ahead and used front brakes and I just built a bypass pigtail for the pad wear sensor that just plugs in on the shock tower in the engine bay on both sides. The sensor system is just a wire looped thru a plastic piece that when the pads wear into and through the single wire, it causes an open that sends the signal to the DIC and whatever else it triggers in other systems. I’m sure others have done this to bypass the useful but annoying extra wiring near the suspension. The rear wear sensors are in use and all of the pads were worn almost the exact amount. I’ll do what I used to do before electric wear sensors way back in the ole days, actually look at my brake pads with my non electric eye balls, or I’ll just ask Siri, she knows everything. I wasn’t sure if aftermarket pads came with the sensor harness but if you let your pads go to thin it’ll destroy the plastic piece even if it doesn’t trigger a “brakes worn” indicator so then you’ll need a harness which GM does not even sell it separately from pads.
Old 02-05-2020, 07:48 PM   #37
Gbland60

Drives: 2015 z28 Black w/ac #645
Short story long here .......Their 19x11.5 Z/28 wheels were advertised with a 26mm inset. I was under the impression they were oem wheels since nobody else I've seen sells a 19"Z/28 wheel . i asked over the phone and also emailed them a question asking them if the 26mm inset was same as the 11.25 mm offset the Z /28s came with from factory. (Basically. doing some math) and i got nothing . Numbers are all the same except for last digit. Like 6 instead of 7. Like that. I have a spare set already but was looking into a chance to by 2 fronts. But i said @$!& it. This aint worth it until i hear something positive. Sorry for the delay in response. My hours are long sometimes at work.
Gbland60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 09:28 AM   #38
SIM GhostrdrZ

I’ll have to ask them about wheels the next time I talk to one of the 2 people I reached that cared. I had fun with their sales counter folks about dssv struts for the Z28.

Anyone have a rough mileage for stock pad wear for street driving? Spirited, of course. If I track it I think I’d go iron rotors but there’s plenty of discussion on that subject elsewhere.
Old 02-06-2020, 08:24 PM   #39
Tankslapper

Drives: Z28
Quote:
I’ll have to ask them about wheels the next time I talk to one of the 2 people I reached that cared. I had fun with their sales counter folks about dssv struts for the Z28.

Anyone have a rough mileage for stock pad wear for street driving? Spirited, of course. If I track it I think I’d go iron rotors but there’s plenty of discussion on that subject elsewhere.
My understanding is mileage on the pads is a lot as long as you don’t track, 20k miles??
When you say you need a harness are you referring to the brake wear kit that comes with the pads, if yes PM me your address I have a set here you can have.

Anyone used the Pagid rsl19 etc?
Steve
Tankslapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 09:50 PM   #40
MrRaZ28
@MrRaZ28

Drives: 2014 Z28 #80
Far more than that. My OE's were still around 5mm at 46k miles and 5 track days.
MrRaZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 11:32 PM   #41
SIM GhostrdrZ

My Z28 had 42k when I bought it and just changed pads. Wondered if they were the originals.
Thanks

BTW, I have front brake wear harness(frt/rear) for 16-19 vette with j57 brakes if anyone know someone that owns one and needs, let me know.
Old 02-13-2020, 04:27 PM   #42
SIM GhostrdrZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankslapper View Post
My understanding is mileage on the pads is a lot as long as you don’t track, 20k miles??
When you say you need a harness are you referring to the brake wear kit that comes with the pads, if yes PM me your address I have a set here you can have.

Anyone used the Pagid rsl19 etc?
Steve

Thank you for the sensor harnesses!!