Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 07-15-2010, 06:57 PM   #71
camarokat

Drives: ABM, 2LT/RS, sunroof, v6 auto
Oh man! You guys and all the recent talk about getting pulled over for no front plate in TX have really done a number on me. So I broke down and had my husband attach my upside down license bracket to the lower grill w/ some special toggle bolts (they have a weird plastic end that's more like a hook. They fit into the upper part of the grill wonderfully... )

So now I'm "legal" with 2 plates, and without any permanent holes either. Seeing the plate there actually doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. I'm not 100% happy about it, but it does give me some relief about not being hassled for not having it.

So the alternate way of attaching that bracket is definitely an option with out spending megabucks on the hideaway plate holder. (Hey, but if someone bought one for me as a gift I'd gladly accept it! )

Happy driving everyone!

2LT/RS, ABM, sunroof
v6 automatic
camarokat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:09 AM   #72
BaylorSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
[QUOTE=SSE 4 2SS;2099345]Hey neighbor,

I'm pursuing that tomorrow...I'm hoping like hell the owner of the 2010 Camaro at the PD without the front plate is the Chief....

QUOTE]

Let me know how it works out. Similar thing happened to me about 6 years back when I moved in. I got pulled over twice. First time, he whipped around on me and chased me down because the inspection sticker was a couple months out. Next was for speeding but he let me off with a warning because it was the second time he'd seen me. I haven't been pulled over since in Kyle. I haven't had any issues while in the camaro and it seems I pass 3 cops between here and 35 every time I leave the house. Good luck.
BaylorSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:42 PM   #73
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
So, I spoke with the Police Chief today... I wasn't asking for any special treatment or anything, just clarification,,, Uhm, the no front plate ticket is not a fix-it-ticket,,, at least not in Kyle... you buy it... I told him I had a hide-a-plate on order and showed him how and where it mounts... He said that was cool.. He also said he wouldn't drill the front fascia...

He had a beautiful 66 Vette... I enjoyed looking at it...

Hey, you interested in Cabela's. My wife and I are going out there tomorrow (Saturday) evening... The San Antonio F-body club is coming up... and maybe some of the San Antonio C5 Members...

Let me know...

[QUOTE=BaylorSS;2105037]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Hey neighbor,

I'm pursuing that tomorrow...I'm hoping like hell the owner of the 2010 Camaro at the PD without the front plate is the Chief....

QUOTE]

Let me know how it works out. Similar thing happened to me about 6 years back when I moved in. I got pulled over twice. First time, he whipped around on me and chased me down because the inspection sticker was a couple months out. Next was for speeding but he let me off with a warning because it was the second time he'd seen me. I haven't been pulled over since in Kyle. I haven't had any issues while in the camaro and it seems I pass 3 cops between here and 35 every time I leave the house. Good luck.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:56 PM   #74
AMPM1678
AMPM95

Drives: 2010 RY Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
no front license plate here glad CA doesn't require that xD
AMPM1678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:15 PM   #75
gordonb50

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I haven't had front plates for years and I'm not about to start by drilling holes in my new Camaro. Since 2002, I had a C5 Vette followed by a C6 and never mounted the front plates. Maybe I've been lucky, but I've never been pulled over for not having one.
gordonb50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:55 PM   #76
busaboy

Drives: Black RS/SS M6
My experience is at the end of the day it is the luck of the draw. I can't tell you the number of car I've looked at that have had inspection stickers that were 2 or 3 years out of date and the owners had no problems.
busaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 06:50 PM   #77
louperrault
Former 2010 owner :(

Drives: 2011 Siverado C/C
Quote:
Originally Posted by busaboy View Post
My experience is at the end of the day it is the luck of the draw. I can't tell you the number of car I've looked at that have had inspection stickers that were 2 or 3 years out of date and the owners had no problems.
A couple of years back my wife and I were out at red lobster on 35 in san antonio and there is a police car that pulled up in the parking lot...right in front facing him was a car w/exp tag sticker and exp insp sticker (also both 2 or more years) and he didn't do a damn thing....I was quite puzzled because I know friends that have beened pulled over (including my wife) for not putting on thier turn signals on (in an arrow controlled, turn lane). I was going to say something to him but, he looked right at it and did nothing!
Old 07-22-2010, 10:13 PM   #78
busaboy

Don't get started on what law enforcement will and won't do. It's amazing how standards change.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:15 PM   #79
busaboy

I believe at the end of the day all we want is a level playing field.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:00 PM   #80
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Here's one for ya. I was pretty happy with my front plate mount, looked real good and complies with the law, so I thought, got pulled over and ticketed today for a reflective cover over my plate. What the f&%k, cops have nothing better to do now.
Attached Images

CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 06:31 PM   #81
97one

Drives: 2016 & 1967 Camaro, 2015 Impala, +1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
Here's one for ya. I was pretty happy with my front plate mount, looked real good and complies with the law, so I thought, got pulled over and ticketed today for a reflective cover over my plate. What the f&%k, cops have nothing better to do now.
Yes that may be the best one yet....
97one is offline   Reply With Quote